We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Motor Vehicles of Gingervette

gingervette

I know you're all wondering, so here they are :)

My daily driver: 2009 Chevrolet Silverado LS 4x4 extended cab; 4.8 V8 pushing 302hp; Flowmaster Super 44 exhaust system, bringing the hp to about 315; H A L O headlights; LED taillights; 20" Chevrolet OEM wheels. And you can bet that you can eat off of it at any given time... I like it clean.

szjus3.jpg

And here is a short video of the exhaust system:

Weekend Warrior: 1977 Chevrolet Corvette coupe; 5.7 350c.i. V8 pushing 275hp; custom camshaft for a slightly muscular sound. The first picture shows a before image of the car.

It was sent for a paint job and as of this post, has only been painted for 6 days.

Before:

2hgsd4z.jpg

After:

15co5xy.jpg

Nice rides! Although the truck probably drinks fuel for a snack.

If you don't mine me asking, what's that black car to the left in the first 'Vette pic?

13.5mpg, I guess you could say that it drinks gas lol. And that car is dark blue and is a 1958 Volvo PV544. My grandfather restored it and we take it to car shows.

:hmmm: Were you by any chance in a forum called Anti-Rice?

No sir, but I am anti-rice lol.

I think its his grandpa's old volvo. Nice truck you got the tahoe rims on it you wanted. But that exhaust... you didn't even rev it!!

I know, I know. That video was actually a test just to see how well the camera on my new phone worked. I will take another one when I get time and rev it a little bit.

I like your choice in mods. I'm curious to see what your lights look like when lit lol. Flowmaster exhausts sound awesome!

But that exhaust... you didn't even rev it!!

Yeah! I wanted to hear it scream too!!

Your 4.8L gets 13.5 Mpg, My 4.8 gets 19 BURN! lol. My old 5.3 did 17. Bigger engine better economy :confused:

It's because bigger engines have to work less to go faster. Last year we took our V6 Pacifica on a road trip. I was driving (at about 80 MPH) getting 17 mpg. Recently we got a Navigator (5.4L V8) and it was doing 19 MPG at 80 MPH. That one episode of Top Gear where they race the Prius and M3 around their race track explains this theory.

I like your choice in mods. I'm curious to see what your lights look like when lit lol. Flowmaster exhausts sound awesome!

Yeah! I wanted to hear it scream too!!

It's because bigger engines have to work less to go faster. Last year we took our V6 Pacifica on a road trip. I was driving (at about 80 MPH) getting 17 mpg. Recently we got a Navigator (5.4L V8) and it was doing 19 MPG at 80 MPH. That one episode of Top Gear where they race the Prius and M3 around their race track explains this theory.

Yes, but I have the same engine in my silverado I have now, and it does more Mpg

• 1 month later...

Can't say I've ever been much for...well, anything GM, but that truck looks fairly nice. I like the new headlight setup, and those rims do look far better than stock.

I'm a bit surprised you haven't done what about 85% of the Chevy truck-owning population of my town thinks is cool, and repainted the front emblem.

To be honest, I think it looks cool in black, or maybe red would look good in your case.

Can't say I've ever been much for...well, anything GM, but that truck looks fairly nice. I like the new headlight setup, and those rims do look far better than stock.

I'm a bit surprised you haven't done what about 85% of the Chevy truck-owning population of my town thinks is cool, and repainted the front emblem.

To be honest, I think it looks cool in black, or maybe red would look good in your case.

I hate painted emblems, I think they look tacky personally lol. I am usually all about OEM parts. My wheels, for example, are used on the Tahoe, Suburban, and Avalanche. But, a friend of mine had a similar set of headlights and similar taillights and when I saw those, I just had to have some lol.