We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GRIP Magazine

Ken

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright you guys, I think I have enough reviews for this 1st issue. I got:

TDUFREAK'S review

Red Skylark's Reviews

DjDan seems to be doing one

Massidiot's tip review

_Pr0ph3cy_ seems to be doing one

Plus some other reviews from these people. And I'll do one for myself.

So, as of RIGHT NOW I am busy as hell. :lol

If you guys are wanting to and willing to contribute again just provide pics and reviews of the topic and send them to me. I got this whole month of July to complete this online magazine. Also for those who are willing to help you can make your own article section, just send it in MS word 2007 format with the pictures already in the article. It would help A LOT for me to combine this together.

Not bad, Though someone's car should be the MAIN pic and only one, then have other people's cars around it. I already have a good idea of one, I'm just waiting for more pics as more reviews arrive.

EDIT: BTW for those who signed up for that Gran Turismo Time Attack Challenge website, you caan log into the GT5 Magazine Site with the same password and e-mail. PLUS the GT5 Mag site has a chat bar at the bottom. ;)

The text for mine was originally grey, but yeah. I also came up with a different one (mine is for my section, not the cover of the article). Thanks for the specs too. Problem- my writing skill has been lost, I cant think of anything to write XD going to read some top gear reviews and stuff, maybe it'll spark some ideas and stuff.

edit: ken, how'd you manage 1200x1600? my pictures are 1920x1080 (landscape) or 1080x1620? Or have you just made the canvas that big and used the black gradient to make up for the gap at the top due to the picture not being the full height?

Option 2 of your idea, that and cropping.

What I do is I go on Photoshop make a 1200x1600 frame, then make the pictures and stuff (not review words) into a background picture to put into MS Word. THEN I copy the review wordings and put them on top of the pictures and make it suit around inside or on top of the backdrop. Then if need be, put smaller pictures in the article from MS Word setup.

Can I send you the pictures and stuff, and my review and you just assemble it? (Not rewrite or anything, and i'll show you how I think it should be set out, but it'd be your decision on how it looks in the end)

edit: and my review has changed to a comparison of my personally tuned GTR Spec V and the Mines BNR34 Skyline. Thanks to TDUFREAK for driving and posing ;)

double post I know, but... hows this looking ken? Remember, i'm not having a crack at the cover at all, i'm just doing my segment and this is the style im going for.

5896100757_73afed2871_z.jpg

Edit: updated, first 2 pages done, extremely happy so far.

5896452491_b625718cb7_z.jpg

Yay 2 pages of content. the first page is still as it is there.

ooww looking good

but is it okay if i have no PS skill at all ??

because i can make the text and pics but not complete like that >.>

anyway i have been a bit busy but the text and pics will be ready by tuesday

the text may be done even earlier.

my bit will be about the difference between the BMW M3 E92 Competition Pack and the BMW M3 GTS and i can tell you they are bigger than i expected

+edit: im the oldest memeber on the GT Mag website :mhmm:

Well... mine is done :D and heres the teaser/layout that i'd like (teaser for everyone, taking note of the layout for you ken). Was lots of fun, looking forward to doing more for the magazine :)

5897383708_7ba2217ee7_z.jpg

That last one is supposed to be like a poster, or in this case, a 1920x1080 wallpaper that would be downloadable.

edit: and I know the page size specs, i just put them together like that to show how it'd work in an actual magazine- they are the right size- theres 5 pages and the wallpaper.

Dude that is fantastic. :D Mind if you can send me just the layout with pictures it in a Photoshop file and the words separately? (or is that InDesign?) I might need to do a tiny bit of changes to the fonts to make it clear, but I will not mess with your layout.

And Dan, it's fine if you don't have any PS skills. It's an option for those who have InDesign or Photoshop to help me with this. Just sent me pics and review info to me via e-mail and I'll be happy to arrange a few pages for your topic.

Its a custom font, do you want me to send it as well? I think the font contributes a lot to the overall look- if you want to use a similar font that keeps that feel/look thats cool. At the very least, i'd like to keep that font for the first page and wallpaper.

It is in photoshop. I'll copy all the text into a .txt document for you? And you want the actual pages flattened yeah?