We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

FM4 TDUCk Star In a Reasonably Priced Car...?

superhyper

So the other evening I came up with an idea. I think GT5 had some kind of a TDUCK SIaRPC and I found it cool, but I didn't have a PS3. Now when FM4 is coming out (and it has the TG test track), a similar contest could be hosted for FM4. The game will have car clubs, where you can share cars. This way the contest cars could be shared over the club and everyone would get the same car. Basically the winner of the weekly contest gets to choose the next car etc.

So if I started hosting something like this once the game is out, would anyone be willing to take part in it? :hmmm:

Cool! I'm glad this received positive feedback, I'll probably start hosting this once the game comes out and everyone has had some time to play it first ;)

And about the "same person winning over and over again" -problem, I think I might make a rule about it :hmmm: Maybe after 3 wins in a row the person is blocked from the next round?

^Yeah, the runner-up one is obvious. The lap thing is a bit tough to control so I'm not sure about it. But as FM4 will still have the storefront thing, I think that the replay of the run could be uploaded to the person's storefront (if he/she has XBL Gold membership) so that it could be checked there. Though that wouldn't be required from everyone, just maybe the times that seem inhuman ;)

I just had an idea.

Before each round you generate a random number and PM the result to someone who doesn't have the game. Then everyone tries to set their best time as per usual, but if your random number was 3, then 3rd place wins a prize.

Or

Post a time that everyone can beat, but the person who gets the closest time wins a prize.

Or

Interview one member per week and give them 5 practice laps and time their 6th lap, and post the interview and replay here. To prevent them using an old well practiced replay, pick a car colour for them to use at the last minute.

I never said they were good ideas ;)