We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Pages not updating when clicking links

Ryzza5

Question

Not quite the explosion I was expecting but still an annoying problem I've come across this morning.

When I click a link in an email about a new comment, it loads the page (very quickly), but doesn't show any of the new posts since the last time I was there. I have to press F5 for it work.

I then went to Chatbox Full, then clicked the link to show my last message (which sould've only been about 1 or 2 pages away), but it took me to page 22 again (comment from last night). I clicked to go back to page 2, but that showed some of Diablo's messages from a few hours ago. Press F5, and then it shows the chat from a few mins ago, with my last message.

IE9 on Win7 Pro SP1 (@ work).

11 answers to this question

The last post I see above when typing this post is "Mine isn't having this issue, clear your cookies/cache?" (after having just clicked the link in Gmail), so the problem is not resolved.

[+] The other posts appear after click Post Quick Reply

That shouldn't have anything to do with it unless your ISP or browser cache is doing something crazy :susp:. This episode was because I wanted to better the Google Pagespeed result for this place and thus enabled and configured some caching on the serverside. However having the main pages of the forum cached for any time is going to result in lost posts and threads so they have been reverted back but images and other essential but not often changed files are cached for 2 weeks to a month.

You can bypass this of course by force refreshing on any page and your browser will grab all the content as of the present time.