We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza Motorsport 4: PotW 3- Entry

Prophecy

Congratulations to Timbud for winning the second round.

The theme that was chosen by him, is 'Muscle cars at Maple Valley'.

Carss aren't to be any newer than 1990.

Homespace/Autovista: Not allowed- only Maple Valley Raceway is allowed (any layout of that circuit is fine).

No photoshopping besides resizing.

Must be taken by you.

No voting for yourself.

You must vote for someone if you enter.

Winner chooses next weeks theme. If the same person wins twice in a row, the runner-up will choose the theme.

Entries close at 11:59pm Thursday, 10th November. Voting begins at approx. 12:00am Friday, 11th November (Australian Eastern Standard time).

Wow, Maple Valley can get dark eh. :eek:

Thought the Belair was more of a hotrod than a muscle car though :p

BelAir is more a classic than a Muscle car. The first real muscle car was the 1960's Pontiac GTO, assuming that BelAir is a 1957, it is not really a muscle car.

But whatever, i am just being picky.

To both of you, the Aston Martin V8 Vantage could be considered a "Muscle Car" - it isn't "American Muscle Cars" or whatever, the BelAir can be considered a predecessor to the muscle car. If Maple doesn't want to accept it thats fine I can change it. I wanted to pick a car that everyone else wasn't going to pick.

Maple let me know if my choice is a problem.

Maple didnt choose the theme. Jussayin.

This ^

Now, take a look and see who won and who comment about BelAir not being a really muscle car. Yes, that is right.

Edit: Muscle cars can't have a huge price tag, making the Aston Martin OUT of the muscle car category.

He's talking about the 77 V8 Vantage, its not very expensive in the game. So technically the Belair predates muscle car, but as long as timbud doesnt mind, I dont mind, these competitions dont have to be 100% technically correct- its still a chevrolet, its still 2 door, its still got a v8 and its classic. Dont be coming in here picking a fight please milli...

He's talking about the 77 V8 Vantage, its not very expensive in the game. So technically the Belair predates muscle car, but as long as timbud doesnt mind, I dont mind, these competitions dont have to be 100% technically correct- its still a chevrolet, its still 2 door, its still got a v8 and its classic. Dont be coming in here picking a fight please milli...

I am not pickying a fight, i am just letting it clear, because many people get confused by all that.

Click

This, is what a Muscle Car is. If the car does not fit those conditions, it is no longer a muscle car.

A muscle car, by the strictest definition, is an intermediate sized, performance oriented model, powered by a large V8 engine, at an affordable price. Most of these models were based on "regular" production vehicles. These vehicles are generally not considered muscle cars, even when equipped with large V8s. If there was a high performance version available, it gets the credit, and not the vehicle that it was based on.

Edit, Impala SS is a muscle, but only the SS version, if there was a BelAir SS, it would be a muscle, but there is not. #Just saying facts.

I went on Wiki and found this:

Other muscle cars include the following:

Full-size muscle models

1962-1970 Buick Wildcat

1965-1974 Buick Riviera GS until 1972, then Riviera GS Stage1 models

1961-1976 Chevrolet Impala SS until '69, then any high HP-engined models

1958-1975 Chevrolet Bel Air

:leaves:

I don't know much about muscle cars, and I shouldn't 100% trust Wiki, but that's just what it says. :p

I think BelAir is not a muscle because it was made on luxury, not actually performance. Hence why it is so heavy and all. Different than the Impala SS, because the SS was clearly a sport version of the Impala. See why? ;)

Personally I don't consider the BelAir to be muscle. But at the end of the day if the consensus is the other way, I'm not actually that fussed.

I'd say you're close a little to the limit... but thats all part of the fun and we can argue either way. So I don't think it would be fair to exclude you.

The 77 Vantage is a muscle car in my eyes too. :)

Milli FFS, just because you appologized and said you wouldnt compare anymore doesnt mean you can come in here and question everything about everything, and tell everyone what to do. Please dont comment again unless you have something constructive to say.

I made bold, the parts that i find, quite interesting on your comment.

1st - I am free to post in whatever part of this forum, as a member. The parts that i am not allowed to post, i simply can't see them.

2nd - Where the hell i told anyone to do anything? I guess you misunderstood me here buddy.

3rd - Who is telling anyone what to do now? Really?

Was i now clear enough? Ok, now stop being so picky on me!