We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Hide!

CarMadMike

Hey Guys!

You won't have seen me around here for the past 2 months as I've been laptop-less. It's a long story which I will proceed to tell you as I need somewhere to rant about it :mad:

Basically there was a hardware problem with the laptop. We sent it off for repair as it was under warranty to get a phone call saying the screen's cracked and the damage was done by us so it wasn't going to be covered under the warranty. When we sent it off the courier didn't put the laptop in a box, he said it was in his van and he'd put it in there. We accused them of damaging it in transit, they admitted wrongdoing but insisted it was our fault, sony stood by them and handed us a £350 repair bill. After a few weeks of arguing we said screw you, send it us back, we got it fixed for £60 elsewhere to find that sony had done some changes to the laptop, they'd replaced the surround for the screen (which I think was them trying to cover up the amount of damage they'd done) and tried to fix the original hardware fault, but didn't do it properly, so when the screen was fixed there was no OS or anything. We tried to get them to send the OS disk to us but they refused and said they needed it back.

I've left out quite a bit as that's enough to send anyone mad and It's put me in a bad mood just typing it. :mad:

Anyway, with my 6 weeks off of here I've passed my driving test, got a job and got quite a few uni offers :)

What's happened around here then?

Mike.

PS: What happened to my avatar? I swear I didn't remove it myself.