We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

2012 Australian GP

Camel

Please use spoiler tags before the afternoon rerun as to not spoil the results!

Bit of a shocker for Kimi, out in Q1! Didn't see that one coming. Also Massa not looking like he's got a decent car underneath him.

And so far, Mclaren look like they are rather quick, topping 2 practice sessions and coming close to the fastest on soft tyres in Q1.

I think Massa has just about left his skills to die somewhere, but the Ferrari isn't looking brilliant at all, looks so unbalanced and completely undriveable. Gutted about that. If Ferrari can't be victorious, I'm just glad RBR have been knocked out of their complete domination, finally, I couldn't take another season of that.

Kimi probably didn't realize that he was out of time for a new lap, which is a shame :( Also, kinda weird seeing such a beginners mistake from Alonso, even weirder is that Massa was still a second slower than Alonso was on his first lap...doesn't look good for Ferrari.

But Grosjean got 3rd place(!!!) so that definitely means good things when it comes for LRGP. Though it's a shame seeing Vettel and Webber quite low on the field and that one guy on pole...:evil:

Kimi probably didn't realize that he was out of time for a new lap, which is a shame :( Also, kinda weird seeing such a beginners mistake from Alonso, even weirder is that Massa was still a second slower than Alonso was on his first lap...doesn't look good for Ferrari.

But Grosjean got 3rd place(!!!) so that definitely means good things when it comes for LRGP. Though it's a shame seeing Vettel and Webber quite low on the field and that one guy on pole...:evil:

I don't think the time was the issue with Kimi, I think he was just misinformed about the tires he was using at the time. He kept the primes from Q1 on, but thought he was on options, I guess, so pushed the car too hard.

I don't think the time was the issue with Kimi, I think he was just misinformed about the tires he was using at the time. He kept the primes from Q1 on, but thought he was on options, I guess, so pushed the car too hard.

He said himself in an interview that he thought he had time to slow down a bit to get a gap for a good lap, but nobody from the team informed him that he was running out of time.

Also, this thread is full of spoilers

He said himself in an interview that he thought he had time to slow down a bit to get a gap for a good lap, but nobody from the team informed him that he was running out of time.

Also, this thread is full of spoilers

Then why was he running on primes the entire time? Nearly everyone else switched to options early on. I think he's overestimating the car's capabilities as well as his own. :hmmm:

I'm not gonna do any more spoilers after this, I'm done.

Then why was he running on primes the entire time? Nearly everyone else switched to options early on. I think he's overestimating the car's capabilities as well as his own. :hmmm:

I'm not gonna do any more spoilers after this, I'm done.

Well I am :cheeky:

I think he wanted to save the option tires for Q2&Q3, I mean if Grosjean got 3rd with the car, he should have had no problem getting into Q2, prime tires or not.

There is no point in 'saving' the options, if you don't know what your car is capable of when going up against everyone else on the very first qualifying session of the whole season, you try to do as good as you can on the best tires you've got. That was foolish of him, he shouldn't let Grosjean take his good fame and spotlight like this.

Rrrright...whatever :cheeky:

What an amazing race! Kimi managed to finish 7th(!!!!), Vettel managed to keep Hamilton behind (loved his face on the podium) and there was quite some action throughout the whole race (especially on the last lap) so it didn't get boring. Great job from Button too! Totally worth waking up at 7:30AM :D

Maldonado is a retard, those 8 points for Williams would have scored them more than what they had in the whole 2011 season. What a stupid mistake. And Bruno is not doing that car any justice, what the hell was he doing this race, I don't know. Seems as though it was a mistake to replace Rubens with him. Doesn't make it any better now that Frank is stepping down from his official duties.

Other than that, good race, Sergio did me proud like he always does, so did Kimi at a few points and J-E as well. LMAOd like a crazy person when Grosjean went off, best part of the race hehehe.

Fantastic race, real shame Maldonado went off on the very last lap. I bet he is kicking himself for that error. But at least it didn't stop Button from winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic result! :yay:

Alonso did okay, shame Ferrari were a bit off the pace the whole weekend though.