We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GT5's clutch! Need opinions

Fear Deer

Hello everybody ;)

Those of you who play GT5 with a clutch pedal, what can you tell me about it, is it realist at all? Does it feel good? Does it let off smoothly like a real car if i want too? :)

Thanks eh xD Because i might buy PS3+GT5..not sure yet though

The clutch feels more like a button rather than an actual clutch. It's either fully engaged or disengaged, you can't feather it off or on. I have the G25.

Also, the force feedback in my opinion seems quite strong constantly even on lowest settings. If you have ever driven a car without power steering and tried to turn it once you got the car rolling, at that moment the wheel in GT5 will feel just like that all the time. If you don't lower that setting, the force feedback will throw the wheel around even with little turning and you'll be really fighting the wheel at every corner.

But this is just a Logitech G25 point of view.

Well yea googling says GT5's force feedback is crap, and the clutch is nearly as bad as tdu 2's... :/

So thats a no go for me lol, wish my wheel also worked on xbox lol. They say GT5 has better driving physics, but the worst clutch of its competitors...

Ima go with pcars full member

Thanks all :)

Well yea googling says GT5's force feedback is crap, and the clutch is nearly as bad as tdu 2's... :/

So thats a no go for me lol, wish my wheel also worked on xbox lol. They say GT5 has better driving physics, but the worst clutch of its competitors...

Ima go with pcars full member

Thanks all :)

Google is wrong, sure it might not be as good as hardcore racer like Iracing, but the FFB is pretty good. Drop a wheel over a rumble strip and see for yourself. As for the clutch, it isn't bad, but it needs some work( I have a G27 so I think I'm qualified to answer this) it took me about an hour to get used to it and a few more hours to become fairly consistent and fast. Once you get used to it, you're golden. That being said I rarely use it in serious online racing or offline hot laps, I usually only use it for fun or in A-Spec(offline races). I still play GT5 and have had it since release. I'd reccomend it for sure.

I play gt5 with the clutch , it's hopeless.

as ken described it's more like a button , tdu2 style.

if you press more than 50% it becomes active full on cutting all the power.

until 50% it doesn't work at all.

I'm surprised how shoddy it was in a game with this much quality.

well i use a G27 and sure the clutch isnt perfect but for cars like the F40 or the HPA Golf i use half the clutch to shoot of the line.

so it really isnt like a button you can engage half the clutch and i have done it and i use a G27 wheel so i know what i am talking about

• 9 months later...