We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Anybody Flight Sim on here

Broseph

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Bringing this thread up...

If you guys have enough interest, I can make a series of posts from Flight Basics to Navigation or Systems or something like that. Like " The TDuck Flight School" . Then we can take this into the sim, what do you think?

Good start mau... although I'm guessing most of us know why planes fly and which way to move the joystick. Personally I'm interested in the basic principles of preflight, taxiing and ATC communication, setting the route (headings, waypoints) into onboard nav and Auto Pilot - how to use charts/maps, VATSIM, etc without looking like a complete muppet but without also having to study for 20 hours before hand :)

Okay then! As I said, it was the basics (maybe too basics :hmmm: ) but in case somebody thought that elevator "deviated" the airflow and thus producing the effect (I thought that before studying!) now we can start digging a bit on, for example, why Airspeed indicators have so many colors, what's stall speed, what's VNE, how to use a compass and what's its difference with a Gyro. The next issue will take us into the cockpit for sure ;).

Any question can be made on that thread, of course!

• 4 months later...

Some Train sim company owns the rights to Flight Sim X and they've re-released it onto Steam (currently 50% off). According to a user review on Steam, the game is the Deluxe/Gold edition (with Acceleration expansion pack) and it performs better now, and works well on Windows 8.1 + 10 TP. Possibly there's a 64bit version now???

Save 50% on Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition on Steam

It got released a week ago and on release date it was 80% off so i grabbed it then for less than £4 was a bargain for the price even though i already had both FSX Gold & Acceleration pack. Just worth it alone for having it as a handy installer through steam although be warned not all Addons currently support FSX Steam edition but they are being updated to work with it.

Biggest one for me is Active Sky Next as this just crashes out FSX when you load it..