We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

MrLolololXD's 2002 Toyota Supra SZ-R

Guest MrLolololXD

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MrLolololXD

It's just the auction house picture taking areas. They all look the same, white walls and brightly lit up. But then again the 1 garage in the whole country thing could be right :hmmm:

I'm not importing it through J-Spec, they're just the only ones who I can find that listing still on there site. All other auction sites take down the listings right away, but with J Spec it's like they just shove those auction pages to the side without deleting them.

I'm importing it through Import Monster in Bayswater, Melbourne. I'd highly recommend them to anyone in Victoria/Australia who's thinking about importing a car from Japan.

Just noticed this thread! :eek:

Such a cool car to have! This and an R34 (and a 22B) are in my dream 90's Japanese garage. :D

This might just be my most favorite thread. In the wurrrrrrld.

Thanks :cheeese: And that's pretty much my dream 90's Jap garage aswell, just add an FD RX7 to that list :D

And favourite thread in the wurrrrrrld :eek: I'll be sure not to disappoint you with that kind of a statement. :p

My strut brace arrived today, unfortunately I didn't get home from work in time to pick it up from the post office. So I'll either try and dash down there again tomorrow night after work, or on Saturday. Pics will follow almost immediately after opening the box.

Guest MrLolololXD
but unfortunately my dad isn't keen on modding. :bananamad:

You just somehow need to get him to go for a spin in a modified car, maybe of the same model you're gonna purchase. :D

When i bought my car i didn't want to do a lot of modding.

Now it has a aftermarket intake/exhaust, suspension, strut braces, no interior, bucket seats, 4 points harnesses, deep dish wheel and a rollcage is on it's way. :lol:

Edit:

I guess whis car comes with the original Japan-180km/h-speedlimiter aswell right?

Guest MrLolololXD

Yep, standard 180km/h limiter is still in place. I'll get it removed and have the computer reflashed one day. Hopefully before the end of this year, but there's still a lot to do before that comes.

Didn't make it to the post office in time again today either :( Got there 5 minutes after closing time, there were still people in there, so I knocked on the door hoping they'd let me in. One guy just looked up at me for a second with a blank expression, then completely ignored me and went back to what he was doing. He didn't come and say sorry we're closed, didn't wave me away or anything, the lalalalalalala just looked away and ignored me. /notimpressed

Guest MrLolololXD

Guess what's in the box! :cheeese:

8461268046_7f30224524_b.jpg

042 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

A big bone!

dinosaur_bone.jpg

Loljks, it's a strut brace

8460182675_ece86b1212_b.jpg

055 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

8460170101_2101c1ce1e_b.jpg

060 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

8461280058_d1293460d1_b.jpg

062 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

8460178925_1fefc3f7bf_b.jpg

064 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

8461271466_ccb7aa75ed_b.jpg

065 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

8460177191_8040052591_b.jpg

073 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

8461272996_f74e8a50d2_b.jpg

076 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MrLolololXD

New gear shifter boot arrived yesterday from Redline Goods. Their products seem really good quality and I've only read good things about them online. If anyone is ever looking for new shifter boots, definitely give them a look. They tailor make shifter boots for pretty much every car model. They're also fully customizable, length, colour, stitching etc. Their prices are also pretty damn good, especially when compared to OEM parts... I got mine in the standard Supra length, but with a grey stitching that should match the colour of my car :)

http://www.redlinegoods.com/

8492188216_c3ed495aa3_b.jpg

003 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

8491084819_7d012c2e95_b.jpg

004 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

8492190430_8a43f716ab_b.jpg

006 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MrLolololXD

Cleared through customs today, not too much longer now...

:cheeese:

I'll be able to go down and see it in person for the first time at the compliance workshop soon, can't wait!

Guest MrLolololXD

Car is currently waiting in line at quarantine, it's getting cleaned tomorrow and then off to have the inspection on Friday. After that it's off to compliance, so hopefully early-mid next week I'll be able to go down after work to check it out.

But be warned now... When I see it for the first time I'll probably fill my 16gb memory card with pics of it lol, GET YER BANDWIDTHS READY

8532135147_afc309f3ef_b.jpg

IMG_9469 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

Guest MrLolololXD

Found out some more interesting stuff be de-coding the frame/chassis numbers and build dates.

Mine was built in the very last month Supras were ever built. Infact, of the 45,221 MKIV Supras that were ever built, mine was the 47th last Supra ever built...

I've sent off an email to Elmhurst Toyota in Illinois in the hope of getting a reply back about the specific build numbers for that year, i.e: how many SZ-Rs were made in 2002 and how many of what colours there are. Hopefully I'll get an email back and hopefully in a few days!

• 1 month later...
Guest MrLolololXD

Okay so I never heard back from those emails I sent off about the exact build numbers/trims for that year, but I have some better news.

IT'S FINALLY PASSED THROUGH COMPLIANCE AND READY TO PICK UP WOOHOO :msuh3: :woot:

:bparty: :bparty: :bparty:

All that really has to be done is get it registered now, although I've decided to tow it straight from the compliance workshop to my work to be painted before being registered. So I still have a little wait before I can legally drive it on the roads. I'll probably test drive it around the factory complex a few times though, if I can get my hands on some trade plates I might even go for a drive and bring it back home for a few days to work on. At least I'll finally be able to de-clutter my room of car parts lol

Gonna get it delivered to work this Saturday, so expect that photobomb this weekend at last

THESE LAST 3 MONTHS HAVE FELT LIKE 3 DAMN YEARS

Massive thanks to Import Monster for making this whole process, simply put, a walk in the park. They did all the running around and just sent me the bills to be paid when due, the whole process couldn't have been any more straight forward. I would recommend them to anyone in Australia looking to import a car or looking for parts and I'm more than certain their business will see much more of my business in the future. :)