We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

turboduck Minecraft Server

khevolution

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to let you know, Be carfull when entering the Nether portal in the Village.

I came out, two ghast's floating about next to it. They shoot and Blow the floor up....I drop down 100ft into the Lava sea below.

I was right next to the portal so be warned....there may not be a floor.

Also I'm declaring a personal war with the Ghast's! I lost all my tools, my gun, Ammo...and worst of all 62 bits of watermellon! :evil:

saw that volcano, and i thought it was my house!!! i panicked for a moment.

OT: have you ever thought about installing a texture pack, it would make that volcano look even better!

Looked more like my volcano next to your one, I also nearly panicked :lol:

I've placed an automatic cobblestone generator below my old house and linked it directly to my energy condenser so it'll feed it a small amount of constant EMC. Doesn't help much, but it's better than just working on light anyway, and it looks pretty cool as well as far as cobblestone projects go.

I've just got to get one more block breaker set up and then it's complete. Can't believe I've actually managed to set up the machines I have already as I manage to find the whole concept of making the machines confusing as you have to make an item to be able to make another item to finally be able to make the item you originally wanted to make. I usually end up forgetting why I'm making something half way through it and wonder what I'm doing :lol:

I've placed an automatic cobblestone generator below my old house and linked it directly to my energy condenser so it'll feed it a small amount of constant EMC. Doesn't help much, but it's better than just working on light anyway, and it looks pretty cool as well as far as cobblestone projects go.

I've just got to get one more block breaker set up and then it's complete. Can't believe I've actually managed to set up the machines I have already as I manage to find the whole concept of making the machines confusing as you have to make an item to be able to make another item to finally be able to make the item you originally wanted to make. I usually end up forgetting why I'm making something half way through it and wonder what I'm doing :lol:

just checked that out it looks sick.

I was trying to build one yesterday but the problem is I always end up with obsidian.

I'll do some more testing today,

It's downstairs in my house so if any of you guys can suggest help on that it'll be nice

also another question, is there a way to power macerator?

or is it just with batteries

edit : ok after blowing up a few times, I've sorted out the power problem :P

I still need help with the block breakers though. Do I need anything else other than the redstone circuit? They don't seem to work.

I still need help with the block breakers though. Do I need anything else other than the redstone circuit? They don't seem to work.

My setup uses pneumatic tubes/pipes which are connected to a machine I forget the name of, but if you watch this video the guy tells you everything you need. As far as I'm aware redstone circuit won't work as you need something to actually transport the material that the block breakers collect and feed it all directly to the energy condenser.

I basically followed what the guy did in that video in terms of layout, but for it to make any drastic difference you'll need to create loads of the generators.

this video[/url] the guy tells you everything you need. As far as I'm aware redstone circuit won't work as you need something to actually transport the material that the block breakers collect and feed it all directly to the energy condenser.

I basically followed what the guy did in that video in terms of layout, but for it to make any drastic difference you'll need to create loads of the generators.

thanks, I worked it out on my own this morning. I just needed a timer circuit.

It's working perfectly now.

Time to craft some Relays :evil:

--- Post Updated ---

Quarry is set :D

Maybe we can setup another Minecraft thread where people document how to create a few of the advanced machines and computers or compile a list of links to them (and also how to create the stuff you need to create the stuff you need to create the machines) :)

Cut some rough footage together and sped it up as a bit of a tour of the map for those who might not have joined yet (if you want to show other members)

If people can look up industrial craft topic at the tekkit wiki, it's all listed there.

Most machines are useless on their own, you need them to build other machines.

also people can check my basement for some wiring skillz :D

I'll take you guys through my basement

here's the machine room

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

all powered by MFE unit. I have solar panels on the roof. The fibre cable connects them from the back.

this is one block beneath us, circuit room. all the wires are hidden

auto cobblestone generator, it powers the energy condenser

lava fabricator for combustion engines

cooling for engines, a water pump

quarry in action, the mined stuff are sorted through a diamond pipe, stones and other crap go into the recycler

I'll take you guys through my basement

Last time someone said that to me....actually thats another topic altogether.

Really impressive, don't know what half the stuff is and looks too technical for me! :eek:

Also Ryzza, at 01:10 in the video, the fence you replaced, that was me to 'patched' it up, failed creeper kill on my part and i diddent have any fence at hand.

yeah they don't make much sense at first. When you try to build things like power generators and quarries they all need other machines for the resources so you end up with a bunch of them.

My suggestion for someone who will start building this stuff would be to start by the energy condenser and spend your initial resources powering that.

Last time someone said that to me....actually thats another topic altogether.

Really impressive, don't know what half the stuff is and looks too technical for me! :eek:

Also Ryzza, at 01:10 in the video, the fence you replaced, that was me to 'patched' it up, failed creeper kill on my part and i diddent have any fence at hand.

np, I didn't have a gate at the time so feel free to fix that later.