We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

turboduck Minecraft Server

khevolution

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I'm almost done with the plant building. I just need some help expanding the underground room.

I've also crafted the reactors and chambers, altho I've settled with 2 for now as I've found out you cannot stack reactor plates and you need over 150 for 4 reactors.

If someone could craft a retriever that would be great.

Also we need some uranium cells as well.

You can leave the items inside now. There's a chest but you can craft another one.

Sounds like you guys are really making progress with the town, unfortunately i wont be online for a while, family emergency means i am now away from my gaming computer and stuck with a laptop which struggles to play vanilla MC, i will still be looking at the forums and will be able to do stuff server side. would like to see this reactor during its build so if anybody could take some pictures that would be great!

we've had a great progress thanks to t3hreaper and ryzza.

The reactors are placed, cooling and powering systems are attached. We are going to be able to monitor the heat with wireless thermometers as well. They are connected to the red stone circuit so if it overheats the reactors will automatically turn off. I've also covered the reactor room with dark matter blocks. They are as tough as bedrock.

there are a few things left to do:

-connecting the power to the tunnel

-powering the retriever

-crafting and placing uranium cells.

running tests now, it works like a charm

--- Post Updated ---

alright I've connected the MFSU's to the tunnel, both reactors are working fine. The monitoring and cooling systems also work I've did a stress test earlier.

I've turned them off for now as the tunnel is not finished yet. Both MFSU's were filled within a minute!

This thing is so powerful. I would suggest however building another MFSU to recieve the power and act as buffer at your house.

Guest MrLolololXD

Yeah there's another big crater and a few less mountains now after I accidentally dropped 30 nukes

:run:

Converted some emergency tunnels into nuclear sized tunnels all ready for someone to add optical fiber cabling and a minecart railway along the middle.

Apologies to Flagimbarb, I accidentally set your wooden entrance to the tunnel on fire, didn't have any water so I just removed the blocks to stop it spreading to your house. If you use the tunnel you'll want to readjust your entrance which is currently blocked off. I've also changed the location of my tunnel entrance but it's still a WIP.

Was just recording a short video of the village and went over to the reactor at the end of the recording to show that and it didn't look right when i got there.

Not sure whats happened but half the floor around the reactor is missing and what looks to be some cables. I don't know enough to fix it as Ozz built it!

Don't think its effecting the reactors but im not sure!

Guest MrLolololXD

Finished making the teleporter to the nether portal which leads to the fortress. It's still only got a low power source, so you'll have to wait a little while for it to recharge. If anyone feels like donating more solar arrays though it'll speed things up heaps. Hopefully we'll get it to the point where we could do 4-5 teleports consecutively in any direction.

Just make sure you place all of the items in your inventory into the enderchest before teleporting, you'll be able to pick them back up from another enderchest on the other side.

The nether portal is down a long shaft right at the teleporter on the beach, if someone wants to make a staircase down there go ahead. I've surrounded the area with interdiction torches too, so it's protected from mobs.

The little building with the teleporter in it, in the town, is up between the NPC village and the cobblestone bridge that leads to GSTO's house :D

What about nuclear power (on the town end)?

Adam is your video up yet?

I'll head in shortly to check it out. Not sure if I'll do some laps in pCARS first

Its uploading now. Didn't get a chance to upload it yesterday so its going up now, Still gonna take a while though with my upload speed :P

Does anyone know why a lot of the blocks around mine and Adam's place seem to be turning to smooth stone? Dirt has even turned into smooth-stone which makes little sense. I personally think it looks ugly as it is and would sooner prefer cobble-stone and dirt/grass again.

Aside from that I've upgraded the long bridge which crosses part of the lake/water by the town so it's a little safer and looks slightly more realistic than cobblestone hanging around in mid-air. I've also put some steps in along the pathway to my second house and finished the pathway off leading up to the rubber trees.

Don't think I'll be doing any more until next weekend now as I've ran out of things to do for now. I'm not online enough to be part of the bigger projects so I'll stick to doing my own when I think of one to do.

My yard turned to stone as well, and a bunch of trees changed colour/wood type, and another tree was partially cut down- weird stuff happening.

@Flagimbarb, spent a little bit of time reconnecting you to the tunnel. Doesn't look awesome but there wasn't much room to work with given the old farm in one direction, and the weird non-destructible zone on the other. Replaced the door and fixed your lamp, and then bumped into an enderman in your basement on the way out :panic:

Finally connected myself to the grid but wasn't receiving any power. Went to Adam's house to check his setup and it was the same story (I chucked a battery in Adam's MFSU to drain it a little bit and watched as it didn't recharge (it's also connected to solar but it was night time when I tested). So I go over to the reactor, check that it still exists, don't touch anything, then come back to find my MFSU now 16% full, but not climbing. Weird.

Then GTAMADDOG comes online and has a look at the reactor, and I see the MFSU start charging again. He says he didn't touch anything. My theory is that the reactor only sends out power if those chunks are loaded (if someone is standing there), so I ask him to move away from the reactor to see if my MFSU stops charging. Unfortunately he's AFK and doesn't move, and my MFSU reaches 100% charge. So Ozz you might want to put a world anchor in the reactor. Perhaps others can do this test later to confirm.

I also read (possibly outdated information if we have the latest version of tekkit) to avoid wiring loops and forks as this increases CPU calculations (can't say I noticed on my PC). The idea is to put a storage device at each fork/intersection. I'm guessing an MFE would blow up connected directly to the grid, and would also lower the eu/t too early, which would mean having to make some more expensive MFSU's. One day....

Couldn't find your teleport near the library Harley, where did you end up installing it?

Guest MrLolololXD

Made the teleporter up near the NPC village, it's in a wooden shack just before the bridge to Pyrre's house