We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

turboduck Minecraft Server

khevolution

Was a little disappointed to see that someone had been in my place and left the door open (it should be automatic but please check) - and they had also wrecked the monster trap with the fences, stealing a sign and fences in the process. (here's a hint, if the sign says trap - don't enter) :p

In case you hadn't noticed the fence trap has a gate (the section that has no post/pole - right click it to open/close).

I've started the emergency tunnel network for those who don't want to walk outside in the dark. Currently have linked up the community house, Adam's (T3hReaper's) house, and the one between them both. Apologies for digging holes in those houses to build it, you can tidy up your house as you wish, just keep the doors and switches in place. I'd also recommend not digging inside the tunnel as it's crossing a massive underground ravine.

So if you want to get to sleep to skip to day but there's a spider on your roof you'll be able to quickly try another house (although spiders can supposedly track you underground, so don't take your time).

MrLol also took me on a tour of Adam's massive mine on a hunt for diamonds (found one + some rubies). We also found and destroyed a mob dungeon. Can't believe we found our way back to the surface :)

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expanded the tunnel that runs underground behind my house. Goes all the way under the river now which was a task in itself as I had to dig further down to stop water getting in. I've come to a potential problem now as I'm half way through the volcano type area and I've struck lava now, so I'll have to figure a away out around that as well. I don't know where I'm actually going with this tunnel, but I've got nothing else to do :p

Dont mind about the Dirt, my 'Dirt Drop Box' is just for storing dirt in. Im okay with people taking a bit but not emptying it out.

And the Pressure plate was for my front door, so can't store house features.

Lockable chest's would be good, I know Ender chest's can be used by anyone, but only you see what you put in it. But there damm hard to make.

Right i've heard this complaint a few times now, and was really hoping that people are going to be honest and just help everybody out, as for the dirt going missing, i cant understand why anybody would as the whole world is full of the stuff.

When i get a change im going to have a chat with my server provider and see if i can get more detailed run down of going on, as by the looks of thing i only get the previous 12 hours, and will look into having the ability to lock chests if i think we need it

I realized that nobody had stole the dirt, I found it in another box in my house. :lol: My bad on that one. But the pressure plate was gone, which has confused me as it's not hard to make.

On another note, I've made a small stockpile of stuff that I'm willing to sell & swap. Some worth something, others nothing, I've made a small stall in the village. :) (The box there has nothing of value in it, so don't bother, and I know how much of whats in it)

Hi Calster

The pressure plate was me - it was getting dark and I was trying to get a dog I just tamed inside which seemed impossible with the plate. I did leave it in your house though (floating). No idea about the dirt. I'll send you another one later ;)

The tunnel extends all the way from Dan's house (don't think he's on TurboDuck) to LOL Castle now. Need to make an offshoot to my place and then Calster, and then there's the task of digging to pyrre's snow hut. There's also a massive vertical mine shaft to the left of the tunnel just south of the river before LOL castle (I was digging in the wrong spot trying to meet the tunnel, closed up the top and left it there). If 64 is ground level, I dug down to 35 iirc.

The tunnels are proving to be quite a fast way to get around, day or night - I'm quite pleased with them.

Guest MrLolololXD

Yeah I'm sure someone's taking a few things :mhmm:

Anyway, somebody almost found my secret chest with all my treasure, gold, diamonds, rubys etc. I had it buried underneath a tree in the snow area, somebody cut that tree down (I'm guessing it was Pyrre :p) and was only 1 block away from digging up my chest. When I went to go looking for it I went into panic mode because the tree was gone and I thought someone had found it lol. So I'm not taking the risk of a secret chest again, not until I make a lockable safe/chest anyway, gonna keep it all in the one place where nobody but me can access it, player inventory lol

is the server address still 81.19.217.145:27390 ?

I keep getting errors end of stream and cannot resolve hostname

edit : now it says server out of date

edit more : I've installed 1.3 but now it says internal exception, I've looked it up online I guess it is because of my ping which is around 200.

I've only had the sign on the front of my house go missing, and my dog, but I think the dog might've died of starvation.

The only time I've been in other people's houses is when I've been recording a video which all show I just walk around and then leave again.

If I can get the rendering done and keep the file size low there should be a new video today. I hate having slow internet, if I could upload at twice the speed I'd consider doing more and longer videos.

Cool, what are you using to record?

Fraps is what I use to record videos at the moment. For some reason it's got a habit of either not recording or crashing if I try to do more than one clip at the moment, but I don't get any slow-downs or anything when recording. Only problem is the file sizes, but I'm working on a way of sorting those out.

Fraps is a bit hit and miss with me as well, but if you show little persistence and if you're prepared to record one long clip and then edit it down afterwards it's fine. The issue with Fraps could just be isolated to me though, I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case anyway.

15 minutes until the new video is up. However, unless you're really bored, don't watch it. It's 21 minutes long and came in at 760MB which has taken an hour and a half to upload, luckily I wanted to wash the car so I let the video upload while I was doing that :p

Dan's house (don't think he's on TurboDuck

Yeah, I am here. Just under my newer username, Flagimbarb was my old one but as you cannot change Minecraft names, it has unfortunately stuck.

Shame really that people have gone to the extent of taking things from chests, my shears mysteriously went missing yesterday (found them ironically in someone else's chest! No names though), honestly guys if you want something just ask, we all have forum accounts, we all have Skype/TeamSpeak. If you need to borrow or use something, just ask before you do it, just common courtesy you know.

Ender chests would be a great idea, maybe if Khevo was to spawn everyone an Ender Chest in their House and then one at the community house, everyone would be safe in the knowledge they can retrieve their valuables without someone pinching them, that way there is no need for tricky server side mods that everyone may have to mess about editing inside their client. All it would take is a chest full of Ender chests (that can be made with Khevo's op status) and we can put them wherever we want them to be, then if someone else opens them, only their stuff will be inside.

Cheers,

Dan.

Actually did something other than digging an endless tunnel.

Slightly re-worked my house so it is now made out of Basalt Cobblestone and a darker coloured wood so it doesn't look as basic now. Put some fencing around the outside as I want a garden and hopefully a couple of trees will grow around the house as well.

Other than that my indoor pond has gained two octopus' for some reason, how they got in there I'll never know. The tunnel is also successfully past the lava site now so it can carry on in an arrow-straight line into the distance once more.

That's it from me until next weekend :(