We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Great Gaming Moments!

Eudemon

I'm in a bit of a nostalgic trip at the moment and it got me thinking about some great gaming moments I've experienced in the years I've been playing, the one that popped into my head making me create this thread is in the original Metal Gear Solid for the PlayStation 1. Anyone who has played it knows that there are so many great times in that game that this one might seem quite dull compared to some of the others, but for myself this was one moment where I was gob-smacked and couldn't believe it happened.

Like many people I loved to tease and annoy the sentry soldiers patrolling the area like having them run around in circles chasing my snow prints or staying still enough for Snake to catch a cold, but this one instance I did something I'd done many many times before and that was putting down a sentry by knocking him out, then hiding under the cargo truck. Normally this would result in the idiot AI walking around and the ALERT timer running down and back to normal. This time though I got the fright of my life as one of the guards bent down and looked under the truck, too which the other guards just started lobbing grenades underneath and dutifully blowing my ass to hell. It doesn't sound much but because it had never happened before it was so unexpected that I was completely taken aback by it.

The same sort of thing happened again another time when I was crawling inside the ventilation coming up to an exit when a sentry while just patrolling decided to just have a look down and saw me, grabbed his gun and shot me.

So come on, share your own experiences that have made you feel like saying "Clever Girl" like the Ranger in Jurassic Park. :D

Being over at a friends house when the PS2 just came out and he got one so we played a bit of Gran Turismo 3, but kept swapping back to the PS1 so we could play Worlds Scariest Police Chases (which I think must've been a burnt copy otherwise it should've worked in the PS2).

Going back even further, playing Need for Speed II SE online (my first ever online game session) with my cousin who lived 600km away over a 56kpbs dial up modem.

Plenty of great gaming moments playing TDU1 online in years gone by as well. Sigh.

World's scariest police chases, great game!

Well, I used to play a lot Gran Turismo 2 one of my biggest success was when I bought the Suzuki Pikes Peak 981HP and 1000000$ nice memories...

Another great moment was the end of Mafia I think it's a masterpiece of PC gaming, the story, the characters, the graphics (for that time) everything was just perfect. And a more actual moment was when I got to the end of Spec Ops: The line, if you haven't tried it you should!

Oh... And the death of Soap... =(

Well, I used to play a lot Gran Turismo 2 one of my biggest success was when I bought the Suzuki Pikes Peak 981HP and 1000000$ nice memories...

ha indeed, I think that was the fastest car in the game.

For the gt4 we used to do the special stage in paris which gave a renault 5 rally car as a prize, so we kept winning that and selling the prize car until we got the toyota gt-1

I had some great moments , the ones that came in my mind right now are:

1. TDU1 , I remember buying a car , a CLS or SL I can't remember, and for a few days just cruising. I am pretty sure that TDU gave all of us a lot of great&strange moments , that is why we are on this forum or probably because some like ducks , lamas or Guns&Roses.

2. Most of the games I played with my cousin, Bomberman , Tomb Raider, Need for Speed High Stakes.

3. Mario and the game with Tanks with my father.

4. Portal 2 , Co-op , played with a friend and both of us are idiots so you can imagine the kind of fun we had back then.

5. Battlefield 2 with Dux , we were standing on an Aircraft Carrier and talking and in one moment a dude jumped in the F16 accelerated , ran both of us over and then he flown off.

As someone who's spent most of the last 14 years playing games, I'm gonna have to try and keep it short :p

1. Croc: Legend of the Gobbos, first game I played when I was seven, definitely deserves a mention, although Croc's death noise still haunts me to this day.

2. Pretty much the entirety of Final Fantasy IX, such an awesome game. Beautiful storytelling and characters.

3. Leaving Dr Kleiner's lab in Half Life 2 and seeing all the combine forces come out of the citadel - so epic.

4. Playing Micro Machines V3 with my dad as a kid, and the ridiculous rivalry we had.

5. Getting the crap scared out of me in Amnesia: The Dark Descent, specifically the prison, the Choir and Storage. If you've played it you'll know what I mean :p

6. Pretending to be a military genius in Medieval: Total War.

7. All the good times on Team Fortress 2 and CSS, before I got bored of 'em.