We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Valve refunds customer for Bioshock Infinite being religious.

Eudemon

What do you guys think of this? In my opinion I typically switch my brain into another mode for a while and immerse myself into the character and the story instead of literally taking what's happening on the screen as if it's affecting me directly. What say you?

News: Valve 'refunded' BioShock Infinite customer after religious complaint - CVG UK

Don't games have ratings/classifications that show all that before you buy them anyway? (That said I can't recall them standing out as much in the Steam store compared to the bright stickers on traditional boxed games).

Having read that article I don't think it's a good idea to have such an element in games but at the same time Dan is 100% correct, the guy's a hypocrite for playing an FPS in the first place.

I'm guessing, but the guys from the USA? Playing a game that's rated 18+ you expect it to be everything that a devout Christian would'd agree with.

Would be like a greenpease member wanting money back from Atari because they diddent know TDU had you driving cars about, which is wrong for them as it'd be polluting.

Guest MrLolololXD
Playing a game that's rated 18+ you expect it to be everything that a devout Christian would'd agree with.

I'm a christian and I love shooter/zombie/killing games :nods:

Religious people get too offended. It's just a game, it's not like he's committing to a new religion or anything, this guy probably played through like half way and decided he didn't like it so turned it into a religious thing, knowing that Steam would probably panic and give his money back