We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Riddle

Allmighteh

This riddle will take a bit of figuring out, i heard it a long time ago, on holiday with my family and my father told it me, its stuck in my head like gum. The beuty of it, he didnt tell me what the answer was, at the time i thought there was no explanation.

Tonight i was scanning around and saw it on a site, and it had an answer, and it made sense!

So ill share it. Dont cheat by scrolling down to see answers, until u truly give up.

Here goes!

Theres 3 men on a buliders yard, they thought they could do with some music to listen to while working, so they went down to the local shop and bought a radio for £30. Each man paid £10 each.

After the 3 men left the shop, the shop assistant realised that there was a discount on that radio, and it was only £25, so he gave £5 to a helper to run after the men and give them there money back. The helper didnt know how to split the money so that each man got equal, so he gave £1 to each of the men and the builders insisted the helper kept the £2 spare as he was kind enough to run after the builders to give them their change.

So lets sum up, each man paid £10 each, they then got £1 back, which means each paid £9 so :

3 x 9 = 27

27 + 2 (which the helper kept) = 29

Wheres the missing £ gone?

Putting a few lines so u cant see posts fro mthe bottom of the puzzle :happyroll:

Anyway, enjoy :bananamad:

i honestly have no clue. another one i have heard is:

A Lorry weighing 20 tonnes (yes its a big lorry) sets off onto a bridge that is 3 miles long. the bridge can hold exactly 20 tonnes. therefore the lorry and the bridge are perfectly matched, (if the lorry weighed a single kilo more the bridge would collapse under the weight) half way along the bridge (1.5 miles along) a seagull lands on the cab. does the bridge collapse?

Answer

no, the fuel burned by the lorry on its way to the middle means the weight of the petrol onboard is less, and therefore it counters the added weight of the birds

its gone nowhere, the assistant ran after them with £5, they got £1 each, and he got the rest.

that adds up to £5

they all paid £10

I think you have the jist but its not all correct. Or atleast doesnt state it very well.

The sum was 9x3 = 27 + 2 yes ? Well they did all pay £9 but that includes the £2 that we add after , which the helper kept, which basically means they all paid £8.33 each which is £25 , plus they each tipped the helper £0.66 25 + 2 = 27 , plus the £3 they all got back , which equals £30 :)

Its basically tricking thereader by insisting the helpers tip and the the builders money are seprate.

btw I heard this but with a hotel being used as the paid receiver.

Yepp thats where i heard it which reminded me of this one.

Anyway, im off to relax, just got home from my first 9-5 job :bananahello:

I got one too:

A man nedds to get to work by 9:30,he lives one block away from his house.He gets up at 9:00 and arrives at 9:30.His boss immediately fires him for being late.How is this possible?

This one you'll have to figure out yourselves.

Never heard this 1 before, my first guess was his clocked stopped working , or something like daylight saving, but seems to ovious sooo, maybe he lived in the centrel time zone, and he worked in East/West timezone?

I got one too:

A man nedds to get to work by 9:30,he lives one block away from his house.He gets up at 9:00 and arrives at 9:30.His boss immediately fires him for being late.How is this possible?

This one you'll have to figure out yourselves.

now im not sure if this is a typo, but as someone pointed out, this could be relevant.

or it could be the time...

maybe he was meant to be there for 9:30am and turns up at 9:30pm...

i got one.

a train crashes in the channel tunnel, do they bury the survivors in britain, or france?

BTW try this one on people, when I type it you will all get it but say it as you read it and you'll spot it's trick:

There are 20 sick sheep in a field and one dies, how many are left?

The answer is obviously when written 19 but when you say it to people they will always say 25. Get it? ;)

BTW try this one on people, when I type it you will all get it but say it as you read it and you'll spot it's trick:

There are 20 sick sheep in a field and one dies, how many are left?

The answer is obviously when written 19 but when you say it to people they will always say 25. Get it? ;)

i dont :huh_blue: