We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Bugbear's Next Car Game: Wreckfest

Andreas¹

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just say we're dealing with a confident Camel ;)

I played through the 3 demo tracks they first had an enjoyed it, then purposefully left it alone so as not to spoil the final release. Will be up for a sesh one day though.

• 2 weeks later...
Well it was old xD

Did you play the Tech demo thingy on the massive playground? Before multiplayer was added I thought that was even more fun that the actual game. :p

Yeah that was amusing. :D

What's everybody's steam names? Or just add me. Look in my post up above to get the info. :P

Hello again!

As the launch of our newest build draws nearer (but isn’t yet here, sorry to say), one thing that has been wished of us has been a recap of what all will be in the next iteration of Wreckfest. So, this week’s blog will be a very special Cheesy Clip Show episode, meaning we’ll showcase stuff we’ve talked about in our previous blogs and on both our own and Steam forums! \o/

Basically a recap of everything that's coming in the next massive update. We knew about most of it, except one small thing which was confirmed today :D

mighty upgrade to physics modeling! [...] We’re increasing the number of different values by roughly 50% -- for example, suspension alone, meaning springs and sway bars and such, holds over sixty variables, and suspension is just a small part of the overall physics modeling of a single car! Tires, on the other hand, go as far as measuring surface rigidity, rubber mixture and shock absorbance in addition to friction and heating up.
two new game modes, Elimination and Team Race
more robust methods of maintaining your server, like the ability to change cars, tracks, and car upgrades in the lobby. This means that the host won’t have to quit the whole race just to change to the next track. Class restrictions also make their debut, meaning you can limit what kind of powerhouses your server will allow, and resets can now be disabled altogether. Driving backwards is severely limited, too, so there’ll be less griefers to ruin your races. Oh, and AI cars can be added to the mix, meaning you can do a full 24-car race even if you’re just gaming with a few friends.

From player’s point of view, server filters that help you find just that specific type of game you want will make life easier.

Confirmed just mere hours ago today (that is, April 10th), we have functional dedicated servers.

That’s right, folks! Dedicated servers will make their way to Wreckfest! We’ll make a bigger post of this next week when we have something to also show and not just tell, for at this point, our dedicated server support is at so early stages that we can’t grab a screenshot of it! Not even a command line on our internal use command console :D

:msuh3:

Full blog post by Bugbear over at their forums

me - have you changed your avatar? I tried looking for you but out of 105 (!) results, none of them had the avatar you described.

Anyone can try adding me, I think (I hate Steam - why make anything easy?) my username is andreaz_1 but try looking for Andreaz1 as well. :p I guess a Swedish flag will show up, the only games I have are Wreckfest and BeamNG Drive. :cheeky:

[edit again:] It will probably show up as Andreaz1 as I customized my url somehow.

• 1 month later...

Omg omg omg omg :panic:

[headline]Wreckfest gets more punch under the hood, update coming soon![/headline]

screenshot202506-1030x579.jpg

We’re pleased to announce that the next update of Wreckfest is scheduled for this month, and it will mark an important milestone for our game. In the update we will be introducing our completely new tire and suspension simulation model that will provide for a much more immersive driving experience on both tarmac and sand. The update will also feature our next-generation DirectX 11 rendering engine that will make it possible to faithfully recreate realistic environments with advanced physically based materials and lighting (PBR).

Since we’ve been working hard with the physics and rendering features of the game this update will not contain much new content, but as a teaser of the great things to come the update will ship with the first iteration of the reworked Sandpit track to give you a glimpse of the level of quality and realism we’re striving for with our next-generation environments. Not only that, but you will also get a chance to experience an early version of a new oval track that we have in production. Since the new tracks would be nothing without new toys to race around with, we’ll be including two new cars as well. Both of them are still heavily in progress, mind you, but nonetheless you will get to take them for an early test drive. Needless to say, the update will also contain a huge number of other added features and improvements, many of which have been requested by you, our dear players and supporters.

As it is so often, when one journey ends another begins. The next update is a first, important step in realizing our dream for Wreckfest. Now with most of the heavy lifting done on the physics and rendering department of the game our development team will be working full-steam on new good stuff to come in the next months: a whole lot of new cars, new tracks, car customization, modding support as well as other features and content that in end will make Wreckfest THE definite game for anyone looking for rough, no-holds-barred racing experience.

A full changelist will be available with the update, but here are the most important changes:

• New simulator-grade physics engine with advanced tire and suspension geometry simulation.
  • New DirectX 11 rendering engine with realistic physically based materials and lighting.
  • 64-bit operating system support for optimal performance on modern computer systems.
  • Hardware MSAA anti-aliasing with advanced foliage transparency antialiasing.
  • Dedicated server for optimized multiplayer performance with command-line and remote configuration features.
  • Steam leaderboards and player statistics for tracking and comparing performance with other players.
  • Support for changing the track and the car in lobby as well as adding bots to multiplayer events.
  • New game modes Team Race and Elimination Race, guaranteed to provide explosive racing action for 2-4 teams.
  • One new track and another one completely overhauled.
  • Two new cars, an American and a European one.

As always, thank you for your enthusiasm, dedication and support. See you on the track!

Gravy

The massive update is finally coming! :yay: It's right around the corner and I can't wait :D I really hope the new physics modelling is as impressive as it sounds. Also, 64-bit and DX11! And more cars! And tracks! And... :panic:

For those who haven't seen them, here is their Tweet showing the level of detail they are going for on the cars:

[media=twitter]606421732333912064[/media]

the 201st decade :)

Damn, dey in the future.

Also:

Not to worry' date=' guys. Even if there was a full-blown simulator under the hood ([b']which largely is the case after the next update[/b]) we will never forget our roots -- and the fact that the game should be fun!

:hmmm::mhmm:

• 2 months later...

15th actually, the 10th was the massive update that basically rewrote the whole game code and after that they've released two hotfixes. To be honest though I have barely played it at all after that point as I feel the devs pretty much wrecked (no pun intended) the game with it. The graphics look awful in my opinion (much more cartoony) and the physics are really weird, again in my opinion. When crashing in to someone it feels like there's a delay before the actual impact and IIRC there's hardly any visual damage dealt. Also having the camera locked behind the car without any play in it is extremely strange, can't think of any game that does that.

I know there's a lot of work left to be done but unless there's a overhaul to the overhaul I'm not sure how much more I'll play this. Such a shame.