We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

turboduck Livery

Ryzza5

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My choice right now would be this; I realized the car should be quite modern so that if we add the URL (are we allowed to?) or logo, it doesn't look out of place :nods:

Mate I asked for a screenshot, not a photo :cheeky:

That suits me fine looks-wise. My only other considerations were 'how is it to drive', and 'how well represented will it be in the game (career)?' i.e. trying to pick a car that a lot of players out there will use because it's great fun or because it's a logical car to pick for the career or online races being competitive.

Sorry I can't do much on this today. Will have to get working on the weekend on it. If others want to create PSD files for the sponsors (grahams goat washing, squirrel mafia solutions, etc) that would help us immensely.

we can't have a URL (.net) but we can still have the turboduck name and logo as it appears top-left of the page

If you've got time, try a few different shades of those colours perhaps (even if you quickly use mspaint) so we can see what works and what doesn't. I'm guessing there will be some sort of fade or gradient effect? We could also separate the different colours with a line/pintstripe between them. Plus other decals/shapes, etc.

My only other considerations were 'how is it to drive', and 'how well represented will it be in the game (career)?' i.e. trying to pick a car that a lot of players out there will use because it's great fun or because it's a logical car to pick for the career or online races being competitive.

I think the GT4-class is pretty popular as it's supposedly fun to drive, also it's probably a starting class in the career mode :nods:

If you've got time, try a few different shades of those colours perhaps (even if you quickly use mspaint) so we can see what works and what doesn't. I'm guessing there will be some sort of fade or gradient effect? We could also separate the different colours with a line/pintstripe between them. Plus other decals/shapes, etc.

:lol: It's not that simple Ry...

These are the cars with downloadable paint templates.

If I'm not mistaken, the BMW 320 that's just been added is the old BTCC car? Any interest there? Otherwise I'm going to make a rough start on the RUF RGT-8

If we're struggling to get logos and other stuff to fill the car, then maybe we resort to painting a track day car with less panels

Ariel Atom 300 + Mugen ARIEL_ATOM_300_LIVERY.rar
Ariel Atom 500 V8 ARIEL_ATOM_V8_LIVERY.rar
Asano LM11 TDX ASANO_LM11_LIVERY.rar
Asano X4 Touring ASANO_X4_TOURING_LIVERY.rar
BAC Mono BAC_MONO_LIVERY.rar
BMW 1-Series M-Coupé BMW_1M_LIVERY.rar
New! BMW 320 Turbo Group5 BMW_320_TUR_LIVERY.rar
BMW M1 Procar BMW_M1_LIVERY.rar
BMW M3 E30 GroupA BMW_M3_E30A_LIVERY.rar
BMW M3 E92 GT BMW_M3_GT2_LIVERY.rar
BMW M3 E92 GT4 BMW_M3_GT4_LIVERY.rar
BMW Z4 GT3 BMW_Z4_GT3_LIVERY.rar
Caper Monterey Stockcar 1990 STOCK90_LIVERY.rar (contains versions for Photoshop CS and for other paint programs)
Caterham Classic CATERHAM_CLASSIC_LIVERY.rar
Caterham Superlight R500 CATERHAM_R500_LIVERY.rar
Caterham SP/300.R CATERHAM_SP300R_LIVERY.rar
Ford Zakspeed Capri Group5 FORD_CAPRI_GR5_LIVERY.rar
Ford Focus RS FORD_FOCUS_RS_LIVERY.rar
Ford GT40 MkIV FORD_GT40_MKIV_LIVERY.rar
Ford Mustang Boss 302 R1 FORD_MUSTANG_BOSS_LIVERY.rar
Ford Mustang Boss 302 R1 (with series logos!) FORD_MUSTANG_BOSS_LIVERY_with_logos.rar
New! Ford Mustang Cobra SCCA TransAm FORD_COBRA_TRANSAM_LIVERY.rar
Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth GroupA FORD_SIERRA_LIVERY.rar
Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth GroupA (with series logos!) FORD_SIERRA_LIVERY_with_logos.rar
Formula A FORMULA_A_LIVERY.rar
Formula B FORMULA_B_LIVERY.rar
Formula C FORMULA_C_LIVERY.rar
Formula Gulf FG1000 FORMULA_GULF_LIVERY.rar
Formula Rookie FORMULA_ROOKIE_LIVERY.rar
New! Ginetta G40 Junior GIN_G40_LIVERY.rar
Ginetta G55 GT3 GIN_G55_GT3_LIVERY.rar
Gumpert Apollo GUMPERT_APOLLO_LIVERY.rar
Kart 01 KART01_LIVERY.rar
Kart 02 KART02_LIVERY.rar
Lotus 49 Cosworth LOTUS_49_LIVERY.rar
Lotus 78 Cosworth LOTUS_78_LIVERY.rar
Lotus 98T Renault Turbo LOTUS_98T_LIVERY.rar
Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution2 DTM MERC_EVO2_DTM_LIVERY.rar
Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution2 DTM (with series logos!) MERC_EVO2_DTM_LIVERY_with_logos.rar
New! Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL 6.8 AMG MERC_300SEL_LIVERY.rar
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG MERCEDES_SLS_LIVERY.rar
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 MERC_SLS_GT3_LIVERY.rar
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 (with series logos!) MERC_SLS_GT3_LIVERY_with_logos.rar
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X FQ-400 MITSUBISHI_EVOX_LIVERY.rar
New! Oreca 03 Nissan LMP2 ORECA_03_LIVERY.rar
Pagani Huayra PAGANI_HUAYRA_LIVERY.rar
Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster PAGANI_CINQUE_LIVERY.rar
Pagani Zonda R PAGANI_ZONDA_R_LIVERY.rar
Palmer Jaguar JPLM PALMER_JPLM_LIVERY.rar
Racer L4 RACER_L4_LIVERY.rar
Racer V8 RACER_V8_LIVERY.rar
Ruf CTR3 RUF_CTR3_LIVERY.rar
Ruf RGT-8 RUF_RGT8_LIVERY.rar
RWD P30 LMP LMP_P30_LIVERY.rar

So the basic painting seems fairly easy

Just have to colour in between the lines

1.PNG

2.PNG

Then copy, flip and align on a new layer, and add the (tiny) turboduck logo

3.PNG

Then hide the wireframe layer, save as TGA, then use a free apps that converts to DDS

And you end up with an unplanned cool effect :p

2014-04-03_00001.jpg

Then remember that you rotated the template 90 degrees to make painting easier, then repeat recent steps after rotating it back to normal.

2014-04-03_00003.jpg

Then rotate the image by another 180 degrees and repeat

2014-04-03_00005.jpg

Then scratch your head and try making sure all the layer sizes match the image, and triple check the rotation matches the original template

2014-04-03_00006.jpg

Then start from scratch and quickly try again without rotating or flipping anything

4.PNG

5.PNG

2014-04-03_00013.jpg

2014-04-03_00015.jpg

Then give up and ask for help

Click here to download the RUF RGT8 template: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Yeah something about the shape of the RUF when I was watching that Sound trailer struck a chord with me, just the shape seems the most similar to our duck logo for reasons I won't try to explain.

Turns out the tutorial missed out the step in changing that rectangular template to a square resolution image somewhere along the line.

Also the only problem with using the turboduck logo colours for the car paint is that part of the turboduck logo will be invisible when placed on top. Still waiting for a vector logo too!

Obviously we can't just use these - but they could be inspiration for our logo (any volunteers to make one?)

Which style do you like?

Serious/professional style

logo.png

Cartoon style

4ea0a185d07d6.image.jpg

Creative liberty style

3669970-790800-wild-goat.jpg

I'm imagining lots of soap suds surrounding most of their body

Just to confirm, before saving to DDS you need to squish the resolution to 4096x4096 (or 2048x2048) for use in game

ps%2520livery.PNG

2014-04-04_00007.jpg

2014-04-04_00005.jpg

2014-04-04_00001.jpg

See, I told ya it was easy. I'm not happy with those exact colours btw

@Diablo, did you want to try suggesting HTML colour codes to try there as a base? Keep in mind if they match the turboduck logo exactly then that part of the tduck logo will be invisible. (Waiting for larger/vector logo too). Also you have a PM @ WMD forums.

I may have to do a 'paint by numbers' livery to see where it all maps out better