We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What was the first console you ever owned?

GJB93

Remember back to the time you played your first ever game console. It might be a Mega-Drive, Saturn, Amiga, whatever it was.

The first console I ever played on was the Mega-Drive. Oh how I remember playing Sonic for hours on end, thinking it was the best game in the world. There's also another game I can remember, but I cant remember the name of it. You flew a helicopter around picking people up and bringing them to safety. We still have it around somewhere, but I'm not sure where. The leads are broken though, so I wouldn't be able to play it anyway :cry:

Wheres sad banana when you need it? lol

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atari 2600 baby !!!!! Centipede, Pole Position, Space Invaders and another I always forget.

WOOOOOO! same :monkeydance:

i got it off my cousin, still works ya know!

my first exposure to console gaming!

first console i had from new was a nintendo 64, although my best mate used to have a SNES i used to play alot before that.

i have lots of Atari 2600 games, including pacman, centipede, millipede and i think there is asteroids aswell

Add another person for the Atari 2600 list, I spent way to many hours of my youth (some would say that anyways, but not me :D ) playing the games on that system. My favorite had to be a game called Berserk. Not sure if that game ever had an end cause I played that game for over 8 hours straight once when I was about 8. Had to finally turn it off at about 1am so I could get to bed lol. Old thing still works if I had a way to hook it up to a tv around here, bought a second working one (with a bunch of games and accessories I didn't have) at a yard sale a couple years ago for $10 which I didn't think as to bad of a buy.

In ascending order....

Aged 8 1999, Playstation/GameBoy Colour

Aged 11 2002, PS2

Aged 12 2003, Gameboy Advance SP

Aged 14 2005, PSP (day of release, walked into Argos 3 in stock :wtf: )

Aged 14 2006, Xbox 360

Aged 15 2007, Nintendo Wii

:bananadance2:

First console played on was the Atari 2600, used to love playing Miner 2010...lol

First console owned was the NES......got it in '90 for £30 with Duck Hunt/Mario cartridge from The Game Store (doesn't exist anymore though).

First games sytem owned was the Spectrum 48k back in '88, then I had an Atari 65 XE in '89.....heres a timeline below ;) Including my favourite games for each -

1988 Spectrum 48k Oh -Mummy

1989 Atari 65 XE -Crystal Caverns (at least this is what I think it was called)

1990 Nintendo NES -Mario 3

1991 Spectrum 128k -Hypersports

1991 Commodore CPC 464 -Outrun

1992 Sega Megadrive -Sonic the Hedgehog, Streets of Rage, Virtua Racing

1994 Super Nintendo -Marioworld, Yoshi's Island, Stunt Race FX, Killer Instinct

1995 Sega Saturn -Virtua Fighter 2, Guardian Heroes, Sega Rally

1995 Sony Playstation -Gran Turismo, Tekken 3

1996 Nintendo N64 -Mario 64, Diddy Kong Racing

1998 Sega Dreamcast -Metropolis Street Racer, Virtua Tennis

2000 Sony Playstation 2 -Gran Turismo 3, Tekken Tag Tournament, Tekken 4, Grand Theft Auto 3 Vice City

2002 Xbox -Forza, Rallysport Challenge 2, Project Gotham Racing 1 & 2, Scarface

2003 Gamecube -Mario Sunshine, Monkeyball Deluxe

2006 Xbox 360 -No real favourites yet....although Zuma and Hexic are good

2006 Nintendo DS Lite -No real favourites again

2007 Nintendo Wii -Wii sports, Wario smooth moves

:excited:

The first console I owned was a Grandstand 3600 !!!!!

Still have it somewhere.

It came with 2 twist controllers and a light gun and you selected the games with a slider on the machine. I think the games were Squash, Tennis, Football and Shooting.

In terms of other machines my history is as follows (and this is where I show my age again)

ZX Spectrum 48k (rubber keyed version)

Atari ST

Playstation 1

Playstation 2

Xbox 360

Oh and I've also owned ...

Atari Lynx (a fab piece of kit)

Nintendo Gameboy Advance

This was the first machine I ever played on.

This was the first console in my home.

Then I got this and this.

Then came a Vic 20, which was replaced by this.

That was subsequently replaced by a C64, which was replaced by an Amiga 500.

As supplement I got a Gameboy along with the A500, and eventually I moved on the PC-world, but started out with a MacIntosh LCII.

After recovering from this aneurism, I bought a real PC, and I have kept updating these since I got the first one back in '94.

I bought a PS1 in 1997 (I still own this for the sole purpose of playing FFVII on it.) and upgraded this in 2001 for the PS2. As supplement I bought a PSP in 2005 and regretted it almost instantly, since I had a car and had nothing to use the PSP for.

November last year I got myself an Xbox 360.

I can't remember the make of the the first console I had but it was one of those Pong type (rectangular bat, square ball) machines that didn't take any cartridges but had 10 built-in games. It was colour though, blue and yellow graphics on a black background. :rofl:

My first computer was a ZX Spectrum 48k and first game was Atic Atac, the first racing game I had was Chequered Flag, sadly I no longer have the Spectrum, I do however occasionally dig out the emulator and reminisce.

Other computers & consoles I've had over the years are:

Amstrad CPC6128

Commodore Amiga 500

Sega Master System

Nintendo SNES

Commodore Amiga 4000

Panasonic 3DO

Sega Saturn

Sony PlayStation

Nintendo Gameboy

Apple PowerBook 540C

Sony PlayStation 2

Nintendo Gameboy Advance

Sony PSP

Microsoft Xbox 360

And various PCs after finally giving up with the Amiga 4000.

Oh the memories! :happyroll:

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't really a gamer back In the day.. Mostly It was traveling with parents In the navy (at the time we owned an '86 monte carlo and a '76 mustang GT)

Anyways.. The fist console I owned was a PS1 and It broke down when a rubber band got Into the disk tray.

Second one I owned from 1999 was a PS2, which I still have, It's modded w/ a chip, swap magic, flip top, etc. (still use It as my everyday game station)

Last year (2006) I started getting Into PC games for the modding, so now I use the PC about 3 times a week.

And finnally, I plan on buying a PS3 or Xbox 360. :-)