We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

24 Heures du Mans 2014

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MrLolololXD

Great race. Congrats to Audi, I guess they've proved again they really are the endurance kings. Congrats to Toyota for a 3rd place finish with a car that was heavily crashed on day one and bad luck for losing the pole qualifying car after leading the race for approx. 11 hours straight :(

Great effort by Porsche for their return, once again really bad luck in the last two hours with #20 developing an engine problem while Webber was behind the wheel, putting it out of the race and then only 30 minutes later, #14 had gearbox problems which put it in the garage. Unfortunately even though they made it back out on the track in the last 6 minutes, it didn't count as a finish. Considering their display today though I think in the next one or two years they'll definitely have Audi looking over their backs, Toyota too.

Great effort by Corvette Racing too despite having a few problems with their cars, taking both 2nd and 4th positions in GTE Pro is a great result considering. Towards the end there they were really hammering, averaging lap times 3-5 seconds quicker than any other cars in the GTE Pro class. Talk about a comeback by #73.

As always, really looking forward to next year's race, should be good to see a few more teams entering too. :)

Also going to try my hardest to get there next year, if however I'm unable to get there, I'll be there 2016.

Oh and of course, once again, great coverage and company here at Turboduck, takes the experience of viewing the whole race at home to another level. After spending 3 Le Mans races here now, I couldn't imagine it being better any other way apart from actually being there! :D

I really wanted Porsche to fight till the end, felt a bit disappointed when I read that they had to abandon, well next year will be. Congrats to Audi for being, once again on top of everybody!

Also I'm very proud of AF Corse team and Perez Companc in GTE Am for getting a 3rd place (and put an Argentinean in the Podium of one of the toughest races in the world!

Despite watching few laps of the race (been out quite some time of home, and then I was way too tired to continue watching) I enjoyed it very much, and it was great to comment the race here and read everybody's opinions. For sure I'll try my best to watch some more laps next year!

PS: I don't regret my 10hr sleep of this night :P

I dont regret any of the 20 hours spent watching the race either

Very good race there was non stop action spread across all classes and and it was very nice chating with you guys here.

Bumned about Porsche and Toyota why didnt the #14 919 classified as a finisher? they completed a lap before the time was up right?

Corvettes and Astons were great to watch too dem roaring V8s :drool:

I don't regret either, this was a classic lemans race for sure. Congrats to team joest, a well deserved win.

As ever turboduck was the place to be in for the lemans coverage.

lemans_2599512b.jpg

@robik: their pit garage was before the start/finish line that's why they needed to do one more lap.