We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

[NEWS] Minecraft IS being bought by MS

calster17

So what was flying round the internet last week is in fact correct...

From the statement on there website...

Yes, the deal is real. Mojang is being bought by Microsoft.It was reassuring to see how many of your opinions mirrored those of the Mojangstas when we heard the news. Change is scary, and this is a big change for all of us. It’s going to be good though. Everything is going to be OK. <3

Please remember that the future of Minecraft and you – the community – are extremely important to everyone involved. If you take one thing away from this post, let it be that.

We can only share so much information right now, but we’ve decided that being as honest as possible is the best approach. We’re still working a lot of this stuff out. Mega-deals are serious business.

Full article can be read on there website, here. ----> "Yes, we're being bought by Microsoft"

As much as I can see why they would do this I can't get my head around what they could have done instead with that amount of cash on other projects. Of course this isn't just for the Xbox side but mainly for their mobile division but at the same time I don't know if I can see MS getting their money back on this, you would think 'yeah easy', then again 2.5bn to MS isn't that much in the grand scheme of things especially with Windows 9 seemingly looming on the horizon.