We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

CarMadMike

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like the whole greenhouse has been pushed back by a strong wind and the taillights look molten. It's hideous. And can somebody stop making those ugly boxy wheelarches? It looked good some sportscars but not here. There are better looking SUV's, better driving SUV's and more capable SUV's out there than this. The runningboards are the best parts on the car.

GERMAAAN NEEEEEEEEWZZZZZ

TL;DR: BMW at Pebble Beach will display a famous M3 race car and its production version (one of six built, three survived) that has not seen daylight since 2001.

Next week, in the Legends of Autobahn section of Pebble Beach Monterey car week or whatever it is called BMW will display two very interesting vehicles - the E46 M3 GTR racer and probably more interestingly, the road-going version. They had to build a few production vehicles in order to compete in the ALMS series. Six examples of the 380hp V8 E46 M3 GTR were built in 2001, three were crushed and the other three has been hidden in the BMW Classic warehouse since then. Actually, one was displayed in Dubai and one for a whopping one hour at Petite Lemans race in the States... That's all. So it is kinda a mysterious thing. Just a few photos of it and not much info about it emerged on the Internet.

And yes, it's basically the car from NFS Most Wanted. :D

BMW_M3_GTR_No._006_10.jpg

M3_GTR_Road_Version_26_M3_1.jpg

M3_GTR_Road_Version_Oct_2001_PLM_2.jpg

DB9 replacement (DB11?) development mule spotted on the 'ring.

Sounds good, looks quick and quite agile by the way it went in those gates at the end haha. Good to hear the sound of that V12 still around, stunning looks + v12 + new technology + modern lightweight chassis is exactly what AM needs.

I think looks will be everything with this car, AM's are never the fastest/most agile/most modern/most luxurious, they're just a good mix of everything. Though with the Lotus engineer moving to AM, Andy Palmer from Nissan, and the partnership with Merc things are definitely looking up for AM.

The current gen prius looks very dated and the 1st gen prius looks way older than it actually is, although this thing is absolutely awful looking it does make it look much more contemporary so I guess in some ways it is an improvement over the current design.

Still wouldn't want one though, it surprises me just how low MPG the first and 2nd gen prius' actually get in comparison to the hype and awe surrounding the vehicle. Of course back then, mixed with the emissions and construction technique it is still a pioneer in it's genre of vehicle but renault's 1.5 DCI engine has been capable of getting above 60mpg for god knows how many years and that's just one example, no one heralds a renault driver they just heckle them.

It's just a fashion accessory.

It's true, my friend had a Scenic for a while and that thing just took little sips of fuel every now and then. And for a little 1.5 it had plenty of torque too. Unfortunately the rest of the car was also a Renault and therefore... it broke a lot.

I guess if anything the Prius is a technological showcase. But why does it have to be so god damn ugly?

Most Prius drivers I see on the road drive them fast and un-economically anyway.

Yep, same here. See the Prius, in its unnatural habitat the left lane, doing 140 km/h which even surprises the manufacturer.

And then ofcourse they cry on the news ''WEHHH my Prius doesn't do the MPG Toyota says it can do'' (even though that MPG is also established via a nonsense test cycle).

GERMAAAN NEEEEEEEEWZZZZZ

TL;DR: BMW at Pebble Beach will display a famous M3 race car and its production version (one of six built, three survived) that has not seen daylight since 2001.

Next week, in the Legends of Autobahn section of Pebble Beach Monterey car week or whatever it is called BMW will display two very interesting vehicles - the E46 M3 GTR racer and probably more interestingly, the road-going version. They had to build a few production vehicles in order to compete in the ALMS series. Six examples of the 380hp V8 E46 M3 GTR were built in 2001, three were crushed and the other three has been hidden in the BMW Classic warehouse since then. Actually, one was displayed in Dubai and one for a whopping one hour at Petite Lemans race in the States... That's all. So it is kinda a mysterious thing. Just a few photos of it and not much info about it emerged on the Internet.

And yes, it's basically the car from NFS Most Wanted. :D

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/goodiesforyou/m/m3/e46/m3-gtr/BMW_M3_GTR_No._006_10.jpg

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/goodiesforyou/m/m3/e46/m3-gtr/M3_GTR_Road_Version_26_M3_1.jpg

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/goodiesforyou/m/m3/e46/m3-gtr/M3_GTR_Road_Version_Oct_2001_PLM_2.jpg

The road version of the M3 GTR looks amazing, I've loved it since I found it in Level-R however many years ago. I thought they built more than that though to be able to enter some competition.

I think the new Prius looks better than the old one. Contemporary as Mike put it is the best way of describing them in my mind. Not as out there as the Mirai which is a good thing.

The road version of the M3 GTR looks amazing, I've loved it since I found it in Level-R however many years ago. I thought they built more than that though to be able to enter some competition.

I think the new Prius looks better than the old one. Contemporary as Mike put it is the best way of describing them in my mind. Not as out there as the Mirai which is a good thing.

I don't know what the set number was, but do know that just after their first season BMW got banned out of ALMS in which they were (very successfully) competing with the GTR. After that they decided to race the GTR in Europe.

@priii

I'm one of those that didn't mind the design of the 2nd gen Prius at. At least it didn't have the ridiculous details and overly aggressive line lines of the 2017 model. I seriously don't like this trend amongst all Toyota products. Just look at the 2015 Camry. I'LL EAT YO FACE GRANDPA

They forgot the Lexus badge. I also wonder who came up with the idea to put that much chickenmesh into a bumper of a Toyota sedan. It's even more open than an AMG or M bumper.

I like the stock version better, although it reminds me a little bit of the ASMA bumpers.

2015-toyota-camry-xle-front-side-motion-view.jpg

Yeah the camry isn't too bad, with a car as well-selling as that driving dynamics and sportiness aren't a priority, looks / interior quality / reliability / mpg / emissions are. They seem to be going in the right direction to offer most of that in a fairly exciting looking package.

Yeah the camry isn't too bad, with a car as well-selling as that driving dynamics and sportiness aren't a priority, looks / interior quality / reliability / mpg / emissions are. They seem to be going in the right direction to offer most of that in a fairly exciting looking package.

Yah, then why it looks like it's got 300hp and has a badge that says Camry RS Turbo Nürburgring Edition.

I'm not saying it looks bad. I'm saying that IMHO the aggressiveness that Toyota and others are going for is too much and just doesn't fit the car's purpose. In this case, to appeal to the masses and be comfy as unintrusive as much for daily commuting. I guess it still is one of the top selling cars in the States, so k, if it the strategy works, then good for them.

Can't remember the last time I've said that a (regular) vehicle looks elegant and liked it immediately. They're becoming too complicated and busy.