We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

CarMadMike

:eek:

Hot lap racers are usually not the ones that win races. Or championships. A car that runs half a second faster, but has to pit in way earlier is useless.

Edit: Motorsports is filled with examples to show that the fastest car is not usually the winner. Racing is way more than a hot lap. #i'mdoneexplainingtheobvious

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hot lap racers are usually not the ones that win races. Or championships. A car that runs half a second faster, but has to pit in way earlier is useless.

Edit: Motorsports is filled with examples to show that the fastest car is not usually the winner. Racing is way more than a hot lap. #i'mdoneexplainingtheobvious

I understood and respected your opinion until you put this :p I'm not sure you can say that it is true for the majority of the time like that, it's a very bold claim without much to back it up.

Also:

#youdontputpunctuationinhashtagsyouamateur

Just because I have too much hope, and because we got a year before we find out if anything was true:

1,w=1489,q=low,c=0.bild.jpg

This image comes from Bild.de, where this whole rumor originated from. I couldn't read on what they based this picture and rumor off, because ofcourse the detailed bit of the article is so called Bild+, aka subscription required to read the rest. I have mixed feelings... shockingly this wouldn't be the first time they'd get the main stuff correct. Then again, it really is rather extreme. Too extreme for today's Merc to even just sell 20 of. Maybe it will fit right next to the Vision GranTurismo, somewhere in storage as a one of those freedom studies designers seem to need.

I understood and respected your opinion until you put this :p I'm not sure you can say that it is true for the majority of the time like that, it's a very bold claim without much to back it up.

Also:

#youdontputpunctuationinhashtagsyouamateur

Ford RS200, bloody fast car, had mechanical problems. Toyota GT-One TS020, also a bloody fast car, had mechanical problems. Toyota TS050, fast car, mechanical problems.

Au Cerumo Supra, won the 2000 GT500 championship without finish one single race in first place. It also, wasn't the fastest car around the track.

Usually wins the car that has the best package. The best overall, not really the bestest lap times. What tend to happen is, the car with the best overall, tend to be the fastest aswell, like, Mercedes at F1. :lol:

What's the role of the 928? What is its competition? I'm sure it'll most likely beat whoever it goes up against haha

AM Vanquish, top spec 6-series and Merc E63 Coupe and SL I'd think. Perhaps also base Bentley Continental GT or Merc S-Coupe, but I can imagine those are a lot more luxurious and way more towards comfort than a 928 revival.

AM Vanquish, top spec 6-series and Merc E63 Coupe and SL I'd think. Perhaps also base Bentley Continental GT or Merc S-Coupe, but I can imagine those are a lot more luxurious and way more towards comfort than a 928 revival.

SL/6/S-Coupé are all very much in 911 price range though are they not? Do they expect the 928 and the 911 to have some crossover in price between top and bottom of each respective range? I understand if it is a Conti-GT/DB11 rival, I think Porsche would do very well in that segment. Depends how luxurious it is though, the others are still GT cars rather than all out sports cars.

If I'd compare it to dutch prices (MSRP entry-model to top-model) maybe the 6-series júst made it or should júst be kicked out... it's also actually just a 2-door 5-series, not a 2-door 7-series:

BMW 6-series: 94.400 <> 173.700

MB S-Coupe: 127.400 <> 318.900

MB SL: 118.000 <> 313.900

911: 115.100 <> 238.800

Panamera: 100.200 <> 248.400

• 2 weeks later...

Not had an update in here for a while so here we go:

2017 Audi A7 spotted: Would you like some Audi with this Grille? Looking very similar to the Prologue concept up front.

audia7.back01.jpg?itok=VH_DUWlU

audia7.back05.jpg?itok=noiNAR6m

images from Autocar

2018 BMW 3-Series spotted: Not much at all can be seen in these pics unfortunately

sb1_0390_0.jpg?itok=_1EIDZTP

sb1_0222_0.jpg?itok=m3lBE6-m

images from Autocar

2018 Porsche Cayenne Coupé (???) spotted: Supposedly just a mule, Cayenne front with Panamera rear, I genuinely wonder if the final product will look much better though?

CpR97JFWYAA-iYF.jpg

CpRK_rYW8AAUhdF.jpg

images from Electrek.Co (@ElectrekCo) on Twitter and Autoblog (@therealautoblog) on Twitter

Here's a better view at the BMW G20 3 Series interior. Mind you, it's an early test mule.

BMW%203%20series%20with%20interior%201.jpg

Not too far away from the release of the new G30 5 Series. Start of production in November. Pictured is an Alpina Touring.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1462104&d=1469110181

First pics of the Škoda Kodiaq SUV.

O1skko00001_57aa43b0ad1e7.jpg

O1skko00002_57aa43b0d3f0e.jpg

O1skko00003_57aa43b0f0fdb.jpg

JLR updated their big Range for 2017. New 10-inch InControl infotainment system taken out from the new Jags, all the 2016 driver assistants everyone else has, new colors and interior options, new base engine (340PS S/C V6) and a new version called the SVAutobiography Dynamic. It's the most powerful one (yet) with a 550PS/680Nm S/C V8 (40 PS, 70 Nm more than the standard V8), 8mm lower suspension and some tweaked dampers. More here.

crophero-rr17mysvadexterior10081601-1200x462.jpg

Last but not least, the RRRRAAAPTOOORRRR. :evil:

I didn't post the 3 series interior as it looks like it's most likely nothing worth taking notice of, just a development mule.

Really positive about that 5 series you just posted, that looks like quite a masculine, brutish looking car and should look great hopefully. :nods:

Good to see JLR have finally put the new tech from Jaguar into the Land Rovers, most reviews of recent LR vehicles i've seen have been criticised for the slow tech even though the reviewers know the Jag tech they love was overdue. Unsure why it took so long :hmmm: Still, good progress!

That Cayenne coupe mule certainly passed the wheel clamp test :lol:

EDIT:

Just when you thought to be happy because Merc never does anything with the Maybach Exelero... cheered too soon. Seems they're going to revive the concept of a really really large 2-door. It reminds me of said Exelero, and a bit of the Vision GranTurismo. As far as the media claims to know about this new car, they say it's just a design study and will be revealed on Pebble Beach next week.

Maybach-mercedes-coupe.jpg

Yeah it does look a bit like a Cigarette Boat doesn't it.

I don't get why you don't like the Exelero CLR, these following concepts are things that i'd give the green light for production without thinking twice if I were in charge of a high-end marque, there is definitely an extremely wealthy demographic out there interested in having limited-run high end vehicles no one else has:

Maybach-Exelero-free-desktop-wallpaper.jpg

cadillaccielconceptrev29.jp.jpg

2003-cadillac-sixteen-concept-4.jpg

2013-Cadillac-Elmiraj-Concept-001.jpg

I'm by no means saying I love the design of all of the above, but I do really love the type of vehicle they're trying to be. A lalalala car that isn't a supercar.

You understood me wrong :p I personally like the car a lot, the car itself, the story behind it and also the wheels (oversized SLR/SL wheels). But this is the type of car you either hate or love, and I remember back in the days mostly reading negative responses on the extreme and large posture of the thing.

Mind you, it still does 350 km/h. That's what is was made for: to celebrate the connection with the Fulda tire company.

You understood me wrong :p I personally like the car a lot, the car itself, the story behind it and also the wheels (oversized SLR/SL wheels). But this is the type of car you either hate or love, and I remember back in the days mostly reading negative responses on the extreme and large posture of the thing.

Mind you, it still does 350 km/h. That's what is was made for: to celebrate the connection with the Fulda tire company.

Ah I get you now. I love the posture. Maybe people are being critical because they've driven XXL vehicles and some of these concepts just simply don't work on the road? :shrug: I just want someone to build it.

I don't think I'll ever understand Bugatti's decision to not build the Galibier, or an equivalent:

bugatti-galibier-large_1.jpg

I can understand that.... then again, such cars would be like at least 200K, and imo if such people complain about issues handling large cars maybe they should invest in moving out of that one-way cobblestone street in a former factory-workers neighbourhood :lol: Nah, I can understand it. I'm sometimes already getting nervous with the CLS, let alone if it would be the size of that Sixteen :eek: I'd need a truckers license for that.

But it needs a bit more skills and getting used to yes. Perhaps with that Cadillac convertible I can understand they might not be able to get such a car stiff and save enough, I think that's also the reason Merc ditched the idea of a 4-door S-Class convertible and made it a 2-door instead.