We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

CarMadMike

Doubt it's a Black Series for 3 reasons:

- It's a treatment only applied to 2-door vehicles and involves lots of functionality removal for weight reduction - think of the fixed roof SLK and SL, the very track-focussed SLS and the rear seatless CLK.

- There's no AMG GT Black Series... it cóuld make you wonder if AMG might have silently stopped the label?

- There were C63 mules with similar flared arches on the previous gen (W204+S204) and nobody saw those ever again as Black Series.

Then again I have no idea what they áre doing with them.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's always a possibility, but I'm not counting on it. The AMG GT now has its own version and it's not called Black Series and it's a stationwagon.

If I were to put my money on it though, I'd say this is an E63 All-Terrain. Merc is making that, to try and lure people who otherwise would buy an A6 Allroad. They got increased ground clearance and extra plastic on the bodywork plus bottom protection plates like the SUV's have, and the regular versions have already been seen driving around. If they make an AMG of the GLS, there will be no reason not to make the All Terrain as AMG. Only made even easier as the E-Class gets AWD AMG's only, no RWD anymore.

So that Maybach 6 concept vision Merc Benz thing (should be it's real name, no?) has Gullwing doors. To me that means they really are just having a play about and it isn't necessarily something we should expect to be produced. Gullwing doesn't seem very luxurious to me. The Model X's Falcon doors are slightly different as they require less effort.

Ye they said it was primarily just a design study, ofcourse some elements might make it into production but I think the board will be too boring and sensible to say like ''let's build 100 of these at 2,5 million each''.

6 meters of EDIT:

Keep it a secret? Eduard Khil's on the line... Anyway, enjoy the Mercedes-Maybach Vision Efijy. :D

Maybach-vision-6-01.jpg

Maybach-vision-6-02.jpg

Maybach-vision-6-05.jpg

jesykwcb2nyg.jpg

Based on a Volvo FH (though the article doesn't state in just looks or also actually in construction), it has a fiberglass cab and its 13 liter diesel engine is tuned by adding 4 turbos and a watercooled intercooler to make 2400 hp and 6000 Nm torque. Reason it exists? Just to get some speed record. :D

Continuing the Monterey Car Week theme:

BMW repainted the blue 2002 Hommage concept previously showed at Villa d'Este. I love the name.

P90230176_highRes.jpg

P90230174_highRes.jpg

P90230178_highRes.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=1477986&stc=1&d=1471571841

74nor_kelleners01.jpg

Cadillac Escala

Cadillac-Escala-Concept.jpg

Cadillac-Escala-concept-interior.jpg

dfmtojhjd8ojbpltvqsd.jpg

ziwmv31o0evhhnmtun05.jpg

Unlike the CT6, upon which the Escala is based, the concept is a liftback design and has a body roughly 6 inches longer than its donor car.

The narrow headlights and diverging taillight design are a radical departure from the brand’s current look, though the lower fascia of the Escala resembles production models.

Inside, the Escala promises a “dual personality” design, offering modern technology with three curved OLED digital screens for the driver and front passenger, while the rear seats are focused on relaxation, Cadillac said.

A new prototype infotainment and connectivity setup using voice commands and gesture controls is also included.

Escala (Spanish for ‘scale,’ rather than Escalade with the end chopped off) is also intended to signal Cadillac’s intent to move into a more premium space.

“Depending on the development of market segment for large luxury sedans, Escala is a potential addition to our existing product plan,” de Nysschen said.

The car rides on the same rear-wheel-drive platform that underpins the current CT6 sedan. It’s powered by a prototype 4.2-liter, twin-turbocharged V-8 that Cadillac is currently developing for production use in the future.

Designer of the Ferrari Enzo has made his own version of the Ferrari Rossa (or at least, it looks like a modern version of it). It's called the kode57, it's powered by a 611 hp V12 and there would also be a Novitec Rosso version with 672 hp. No word on production plans yet.

kode57-00001.jpg

kode57-00002.jpg

Ferrari-Rossa_mp20_pic_9771.jpg

2000-ferrari-rossa-concept-016002.jpg