We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

WIP/BETA Car slots Add-On V1.00 TDU

Tob-Racer

This is a poll (not a pole).  

50 members have voted

1. 1. This is a poll (not a pole).

• Make a car pack of 45 cars with mods from TDU's community.
    • Duplicate Atari's car slots so that you can install whatever you like.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm i already tried the TDUMDT, i did on the ascari, i place a new default color on the original ascari and the duplicate stayed on in own color, i tried placning them on anoteher dealers and it work and renaming the original and it work but with TDUPE it doesn't work, the only thing i don't like with TDUMT is you can't rename a mod with my own specific name all are already given in a list which i don't want. Like for example Shelby Series 1 '06. Hey Tob i know you will solve this i trust you.:p

If you want to add new names in TDUMT, use DB Resources ;) In the list, select "CarPhysicsData", load it, you gonna see a huuuge list with all sort of names and numbers. Scroll down to the bottom and click on the green bar > Click Insert > Add a random number and add the name you want > Click "OK" and save it. You gonna be able to use that new creates name. :)

Thanks ! I will try to sorted this out as soon as possible. It affect everyone and makes me mad :evil:

Fantanstic!!!! Great job tob!!

Thanks a lot ! Enjoy ;) About the Rim Tutorial, it will come very soon but I just need to sorted my big issue with TDUPE and my mod.

Hi Tob, thank you for the tutorial on modifying names using TDUMDT, i succeeded in changing name on the ascari original according to my own specification but the game crash to desktop, this why TDUMT is not very reliable.

Did you use to play in another language (like French). Copy DB_US, rename it to the original game language you did use to play (For me in this case it's DB_FR) and replace DB_FR with the file you've just renamed.

Hi,

here is updated Cameras.bin + VehicleSlots.xml file for TDUMT, to handle these new car slots.

It's not complete yet, since some vehicles have up to 3 slots available and new ones have to use the same camera set.

So I would need to add 149 camera sets more.

Thanks a lot Djey :) Gonna try it as soon as I've got some time. Have you got an idea how to sorted my problem with TDUPE please ?

Do you know also how to translate the DB_language file into other languages ? Because every mods installers doesn't allow me to install any one of them. The problem is all the installers target DB_FR for some reason even if my game is set in English.

** 23/03/2015 07:25:10 INFO Entry updating completed: 1221657041 - 1221657041 864426 56338407 55438427 73900264 1 548000 56368917 5646567 1209543022 5746567 53338427 1008965001001 1005381039001 553629 603709 6498 720 8250 690 5500 8500 54356917 563531 7 2,93 3,91 2,44 1,81 1,46 1,18 0,97 0,84 2 5735936 400 380 5735936 56338424 0 2030 4780 1136 1720 1700 2700 905 880 1575 110 90 256 224 140 140 85 75 85 70 70 22 47 0 0,2811 0,5 45 45 60 3,837 0,34 0,4 4500 1 74739427 92261406 55533427 5566317 2,9 5,9 350 115 0 0 0 10,5 0 113 1000 98 78 88 69 90 100 104 -1 1 1011 1011 1 100 1011 93

** 23/03/2015 07:25:11 ERROR

*** Exception > Unable to create edit task on BNK file: C:\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\Database\DB_FR.BNK

à TDUModdingLibrary.support.patcher.instructions.UpdateResourceI._Process()

à TDUModdingLibrary.support.patcher.instructions.PatchInstruction.Run(Log currentLogger)

-- parent exception --

*** ArgumentOutOfRangeException > L'index était hors limites. Il ne doit pas être négatif et doit être inférieur à la taille de la collection.

Nom du paramètrela: index

à System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)

à System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()

à System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)

à System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection`1.get_Item(Int32 index)

** 23/03/2015 07:25:11 ERROR Error when running core patch instructions.:System.Exception: Patch was not applied as a critical error occured.

Please contact author of this mod then Modding Tools support, eventually.

(Patch was not applied as an error occured.

Please refer to the log files for more information.) ---> System.Exception: Patch was not applied as an error occured.

Please refer to the log files for more information.

à TDUModdingLibrary.installer.steps.PatchTask.Run()

--- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---

à TDUModdingLibrary.installer.InstallHelper.RunAll(PCH patch, Log log, Culture culture, Boolean isInstall, List`1 chosenInstallGroups)

** 23/03/2015 07:25:11 ERROR

*** Exception > Current patch can't be installed:

Patch was not applied as a critical error occured.

Please refer to the log files for more information.)

à TDUModdingLibrary.installer.InstallHelper.RunAll(PCH patch, Log log, Culture culture, Boolean isInstall, List`1 chosenInstallGroups)

à TDUModAndPlay.gui.MainForm._Process(Boolean isInstall)

-- parent exception --

*** Exception > Patch was not applied as a critical error occured.

-- parent exception --

*** Exception > Patch was not applied as an error occured.

Thanks a lot Djey :) Gonna try it as soon as I've got some time. Have you got an idea how to sorted my problem with TDUPE please ?
I dunno how TDUPE works, and curiously enough it is based on TDUMT's mechanics so it should not occur...

Anyway, even if we find out what's wrong I'm afraid we won't be able to fix it without a proper source code.

We would need someone to make another tool to update physics like TDU2 Property Editor. That could be me, but I've got too many TDUF things to finish before...

Do you know also how to translate the DB_language file into other languages ? Because every mods installers doesn't allow me to install any one of them. The problem is all the installers target DB_FR for some reason even if my game is set in English.
Are you able to select language in Installer ?

The issue maybe due to the renaming of BNK, as well. Into DB_xx.BNK you should have only files .xx for installer to succeed.

e.g DB.FR.BNK => TDU_Bots.fr, TDU_Hair.fr ....

Could you send me an example of pch file making this crash ? Thanks for the log btw!

That's a shame for TDUPE. Well, the only way to avoid this problem is to copy all the slots twice so the original Atari slots stays normal, the 2nd duplicated can be modified and the 3rd one as well. Like my Edonis, SLR, CLK55, Golf, Gallardo, GT500 and Skyline GTR slots. So today 37 of my new duplicated slots are a bit useless. I'll try to find an alternative soon. I understand you can't work on a new TDUPE, don't worry. Take your time with TDUF. Thank you for your work :)

I'm wondering if civicmanvtec and JPTH have the same problem :hmmm:

About installers, some of them yes, but most of the installers doesn't have a language selector. Even the one with language selector doesn't work so I've included 3 different PCH files: Zoqqer's Aventador where you can't choose the language, Illusion's CCXR as well but Tool's Reventon you can.

Oh I see. Yea I've replaced DB_FR with a copy of DB_US so insteed of having for example TDURims_FR, I've got the US. But I haven't got the choice to replace DB_FR otherwise my game crash.

Reventon log:

** 23/03/2015 10:07:04 ERROR

*** Exception > Unable to find registry information for TDU folder. Please install the game correctly.

-- parent exception --

*** NullReferenceException > La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.

à TDUModdingLibrary.support.Tools._SearchForTduInstallPath()

** 23/03/2015 10:07:24 ERROR

*** Exception > Unable to find registry information for TDU version. Please install the game correctly.

-- parent exception --

*** NullReferenceException > La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.

à TDUModdingLibrary.support.Tools._SearchForTduVersion()

** 23/03/2015 10:07:24 INFO INFO: _SearchForTduVersionFromMap: folder C:\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\\Bnk1.map

*** Exception > Unable to create edit task on BNK file: C:\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\Database\DB_FR.BNK

à TDUModdingLibrary.support.patcher.instructions.PatchInstruction.Run(Log currentLogger)

-- parent exception --

*** ArgumentOutOfRangeException > L'index était hors limites. Il ne doit pas être négatif et doit être inférieur à la taille de la collection.

** 23/03/2015 10:07:24 ERROR Error when running core patch instructions.:System.Exception: Patch was not applied as a critical error occured.

Please contact Modding Tools support. ---> System.Exception: Patch was not applied as an error occured.

à TDUModdingLibrary.installer.InstallHelper.RunAll(PCH patch, Log patchLog, Culture culture, Boolean isInstall)

Please contact Modding Tools support.

à TDUModdingLibrary.installer.InstallHelper.RunAll(PCH patch, Log patchLog, Culture culture, Boolean isInstall)

-- parent exception --

Please contact Modding Tools support.

-- parent exception --

CCXR log:

** 23/03/2015 10:08:38 INFO Entry updating completed: 8944912 - 8944912 85765 60538407 54633427 73900264 1 580000 56368917 5666567 1144182384 60038407 53338427 1006165933001 1001196671001 553629 603709 3760 720 8000 750 3200 8200 55356917 573531 6 4,1 3,15 2,18 1,57 1,19 0,94 0,76 0 2 5945936 355 332 5945936 53338427 1 1998 4350 1120 1556 1612 2565 1056 0,732 1300 130 70 219 192 65 65 110 110 100 100 70 20 44 0 0,3289 0,5 45 0 60 0,75 0,4 0,88 3000 1 74739427 92260406 55533427 5566317 4 0 365 110 0 0 0 0 0 0 1000 98 86 96 66 90 100 102 -1 1 303 666 1 100 228 111

** 23/03/2015 10:08:38 ERROR

-- parent exception --

** 23/03/2015 10:08:38 ERROR Error when running core patch instructions.:System.Exception: Patch was not applied as a critical error occured.

Please refer to the log files for more information.) ---> System.Exception: Patch was not applied as an error occured.

** 23/03/2015 10:08:38 ERROR

-- parent exception --

-- parent exception --

Ok I see. Installers with language selector are older versions. They attempt to detect game language automatically (by seeking into Windows Registry), or by selector if it fails for whatever reason. Next installers update all languages.

The final version should have all DB_xx.bnk files in it to comply with all languages. I'm currently updating TDUF to do this.

Can you provide the list of resources you have added and their respective values please ?

After that, no need to set game language to US nor renaming files :)

Well, what a success ! In about 5 days, 108 copies of this mod have been downloaded. :) Thanks to all ! Improvements and more slots are coming soon.

Thanks also to Djey for his great support ! :D

Does anyone else who got the mod have the same TDUPE problem I've got ? Any bugs ? Any feedback too please ? I need more reports because it help me out to figure what is wrong, where and make the mod more stable and of course better.

Sorry for that but I have reinstalled the patch with all of the step by step and the Shelby GT500 and the Nissan Skyline GTR R34 slots are missing. I opened the TDU MODDING TOOL and I mark the car in the dealer shop and when I enter into the game, in the dealer shop i have put the car it doesn´t appear the model and the name too .

Any solution?? Someone has the same problem??

Thanks for everything

Working on it now. Fix coming soon. Sorry for crashing your game. And sorry for late reply, the reality of life is getting over my self these days.

EDIT: FIX RELEASED ! No need to use replace databse files. Just extract "FrontEnd", "Sound", "Vehicules" and the "Bnk1.Map" file in Euro\Bnk.

Car_slot_add-on_V0.6.1_Hotfix.rar Mediafire

What it does ? It active the 2 Shelby GT500 slots and the two other Skyline GTR slots.

Thanks for the report alonso :)

Sorry for having not tested it yet, but I just had a look at first post ... and imo installation steps are too much a hassle !

Maybe that's an explanation for the lack of feedback down here :(

1.68b patch is outdated and now should have most of prerequisites (unlocked dealers, all languages supported etc ...) in it. Here is a new project I had in mind for months but I'm just starting it right now.

Installing your car slots will be a piece of cake afterwards.

Thanks for your commitment anyway!

Thanks for being honest. I understand the installation steps are quiet complicated. But I haven't really got the choice because the community asked for a community megapack to be compatible with that Car slots add-on. And that's the only way possible to install my mods after all the Patchs/Megapacks requirements unless I understand how to make an installer.

Yea TDU is on a new level since you've launched TDUF and the latest mods made with your brilliant little tool are a bit complicated to install and I admit requires annoying things (not TDUF, the latest mods). If you could make all that easier that would be awesome I would be grateful ! :) I don't mind if my mod become useless as long as we all can have more slots by any different way ! At least, I've contribute a bit to the community and I'm happy about it. :D Well thank you for your work and I can't wait for your future patches. Good luck !

You are welcome Tob!! I only wanto to help. Thanks for your work!!

Tob I was thinking about the problem with the TDUPE and the duplicate slots. When you modified a origial phiysic data Atari car, this going to the duplicate slot.

Well, I was thinking that maybe it could be faster to solve the problem if you could make your car pack of 45 cars with mods from TDU's community. because as you put in the pictures you could make the Renault Alpine and the BMW M6 with their physics. I want to say that yes, it´s good to have a dupicate cars for choosing everyone which mod want to put, but I think thant with your car pack of 45 cars with mods from TDU's community we could have the same oportunity to choise with mod we want to put because we could replace one of the car of your pack and modify the physic without problem. It´s my opinion and maybe you won´t have too work trying to separete slots and Djey if he is helping you, he could star his new project.

Sorry if this post upset you. And of course, thanks for your help, thanks for your effort and thanks for your work

You are welcome Tob!! I only wanto to help. Thanks for your work!!

Tob I was thinking about the problem with the TDUPE and the duplicate slots. When you modified a origial phiysic data Atari car, this going to the duplicate slot.

Well, I was thinking that maybe it could be faster to solve the problem if you could make your car pack of 45 cars with mods from TDU's community. because as you put in the pictures you could make the Renault Alpine and the BMW M6 with their physics. I want to say that yes, it´s good to have a dupicate cars for choosing everyone which mod want to put, but I think thant with your car pack of 45 cars with mods from TDU's community we could have the same oportunity to choise with mod we want to put because we could replace one of the car of your pack and modify the physic without problem. It´s my opinion and maybe you won´t have too work trying to separete slots and Djey if he is helping you, he could star his new project.

Sorry if this post upset you. And of course, thanks for your help, thanks for your effort and thanks for your work

No it doesn't upset me :) We all trying to find a solution and any idea is welcome. I'm actually doing that experiment. I try to directly integrate the modded physics in the database. If I copy the line of a modded physic and completely separate it to the original Atari car, It might work. I'll tell you if it does something good ;)

To me you should restore missing DLC 6 cars and some other ones found in files. Or should that be kept for CP v2.0?

Cant agree more. Such a 2.00 patch should not add new slots, only enable existing ones and of course give justice to pc players concerning dlc'6!

Yes ! Justice for DLC6 pack ! :nuts: But where are you gonna find all the 3D models for these cars ? They doesn't exist in the files. :hmmm:

Yes ! Justice for DLC6 pack ! :nuts: But where are you gonna find all the 3D models for these cars ? They doesn't exist in the files. :hmmm:
Yeah I know :) Here are DLC6's vehicles:

• Audi A4 DTM (?)
  • Dino 246 GTS (cut a 246 GT)
  • Cadillac Sixteen (?)
  • Pontiac Solstice (mod a Saturn Sky or put Opel GT instead?)
  • Diablo GT (model exists somewhere for sure)
  • Nissan 350Z Roadster (cut a 350Z coupe or put 370Z instead)
  • Triumph Daytona 995i (?)

Maybe remaining modders can help ? :D

• Audi A4 DTM -> The A4 DTM exist but it's the 2008 model made by grin116.
  • Dino 246 GTS -> The Dino exist in TD Ferrari Legends and can be converted. Maybe I can do it. :hmmm:
  • Cadillac Sixteen -> The Sixteen is a bit more complicated, A 3D model exist but not sure we can convert it.
  • Pontiac Solstice -> The Solstice have been made by Miha2795.
  • Diablo GT -> The Diablo GT exist but it's not really a "GT" it's the GTR made by Tool831.
  • Nissan 350Z Roadster -> YahooEU have made a 350Z Roadster back in 2009 but all the links are dead.
  • Triumph Daytona 995i -> And there is no way we can find the Triumph Daytona sadly except someone have the patience to make a scratch model.