We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PC System Requirements

Eudemon

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I had been running with HDR on for quite awhile but once I found the fps command, I realized I was actually getting pretty low FPS, but it still didn't bother me too much as it was still quite playable. That, is, until today, when I figured I could be getting a better fps. I was hovering between 14-17 fps. Surprisingly, yes, it was still quite playable, but there were some missions like the Lotus Day mission that was too hard because of the stuttering when entering the city with so many cars on screen at once.

So, I decided to disable HDR and my fps nearly doubled. I now get in the high twenties when in car, and in the 30's using the chase cam view, and things are much smoother. I can actually feel that things are much faster now and more responsive. The game seems to be very memory intensive, even for folks who have at least 2GB of ram like I do, so for those of you who are strugging to get a good enough FPS, try disabling HDR. It sure is pretty, but I can do without it when this game is such a memory hog.

My Stats:

Processor: AMD 3200+

Video: Geforce 6800GS 256MB PCI-E

Audio: Realtek AC97 onboard (no sound problem here, before or after the patch)

2GB Ram

I realize my video card might be a bottleneck, but it isn't all that old. I got it last year when the 6800's just came out.

• 2 weeks later...

hey wondering if i can run test drive on my other pc? I am already running it on 1 pc that is not the best its average.

Will it run on this pc?:

AMD Athlon 2400+ 2.0GHz

1024mb Ram

Nvidia GeForce FX5500 256mb | AGP 8X

If someone can help...

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just want to know if this game will run smoothly! I don't NEED to run it in HD or what have you... as long as i can get better graphics on my Computer than I can on my PS2 then i'll just buy it for my PC, I just really like the idea of online play! Ive seen some vids and some freakin amazing graphics. Let me know what you think.

If I need to change my vid card then I may as well just get it for my PS2 and get an online adapter unless there is something external i can plug and play to boost my vid card. Basically, whatever graphics I have to settle for to make it run smoothly on my PC... I just want to be better then my PS2. Here are the specs:

Dell Dimension E520

Windows XP media center

Intel Core 2 duo 6300 1.86 gHz/ 1066 FSB

2046 mbs Ram

Nvidia GeForce 7300 LE - 512 mbs memory

Guest RB26DETT
I just want to know if this game will run smoothly! I don't NEED to run it in HD or what have you... as long as i can get better graphics on my Computer than I can on my PS2 then i'll just buy it for my PC, I just really like the idea of online play! Ive seen some vids and some freakin amazing graphics. Let me know what you think.

If I need to change my vid card then I may as well just get it for my PS2 and get an online adapter unless there is something external i can plug and play to boost my vid card. Basically, whatever graphics I have to settle for to make it run smoothly on my PC... I just want to be better then my PS2. Here are the specs:

Dell Dimension E520

Windows XP media center

2046 mbs Ram

not sure your processor though because i'm running an Athlon 3200+ single core. as for the video card, it'll run. i'm running a a 7300GS 512MB. everything else passes, especially the RAM.

Dell Dimension E520

Windows XP media center

2046 mbs Ram

This is the system I am running, except you have a better graphics card, double the RAM and Media Centre instead of XP, so yes it'll run fine Lol :D

Would I be happier playing it on my PS2 or PC?

Which game is better?

I heard there is no Manual Trans on PS2!

I have heard about alot of problems with the PC version, are they right>?

And how do you play others online????

is there just a site to load?

Completely new to PC and Online Gaming!

Since there may not be much of a point in playing alone.... which is better for online play>??

Either way I should get a wheel and that for whatever system!

let me know what system... I'll go get it in the morning!!!

Guest RB26DETT
Would I be happier playing it on my PS2 or PC?

Which game is better?

I heard there is no Manual Trans on PS2!

I have heard about alot of problems with the PC version, are they right>?

And how do you play others online????

is there just a site to load?

Completely new to PC and Online Gaming!

Since there may not be much of a point in playing alone.... which is better for online play>??

Either way I should get a wheel and that for whatever system!

let me know what system... I'll go get it in the morning!!!

PC definitley. There are no motorbikes on the PS2 version. Some PC players complain about their game crashing but, i've never had this problem before. All TD:U players play on 1 server but they can only see up to 8 people at a time which is called a session. To get online you'll need to have an online gamespy account which could be done during installation.

hope this helps. :)

Guest RB26DETT
Thats great!!! So upon purchase and install of the game, it should then prompt me to install gamespy???

just remember to make your profile an online profile.

Manufacturer:GBT___

Processor:AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

Memory:1022MB RAM

Hard Drive:203 GB

Video Card:NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT

Monitor:Generic PnP Monitor

Sound Card:Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Speakers/Headphones:7.1 Creative Surround Sound Inspire T7900

Keyboard:USB Root Hub

Mouse:USB Root Hub

Mouse Surface:NBA

Operating System:Windows Vista™ Ultimate (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205)

copied and pasted it off my Xfire but will i be ok?

Guest RB26DETT
Manufacturer:GBT___

Processor:AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

Memory:1022MB RAM

Hard Drive:203 GB

Video Card:NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT

Monitor:Generic PnP Monitor

Sound Card:Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Speakers/Headphones:7.1 Creative Surround Sound Inspire T7900

Keyboard:USB Root Hub

Mouse:USB Root Hub

Mouse Surface:NBA

Operating System:Windows Vista™ Ultimate (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205)

copied and pasted it off my Xfire but will i be ok?

yup. should run fine.

Guest RB26DETT

is your 7300LE turbocached? the GS's are. you'll be fine. the turbocaching works if you have at least a gig of ram. before adding a gig of ram to my rig, i had 256mb of memory for my vid card now, it has 512mb because of the turbocaching.

is your 7300LE turbocached? the GS's are. you'll be fine. the turbocaching works if you have at least a gig of ram. before adding a gig of ram to my rig, i had 256mb of memory for my vid card now, it has 512mb because of the turbocaching.

Not to sure if it is turbo cached or ? but I know i have 2GB Ram. 1GB x 2 (dual channel)

• 4 weeks later...

Thermaltake Armor Case w/ 25cm fan w/ Thermaltake 700w PSU, EVGA 680i motherboard w/ Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz, Zalman CPU cooler, 2x WC 150G 10,000 Hard Drive, Corsair XMS2 Dominator 2G RAM OC'ed, PNY 8800 GTX

These are my current specs, I'm thinking of getting a second monitor and adding another 8800GTX.

Should I do it just for heck of having a sick computer or should I save the money for something like a car. "Thinking of getting a used 2001.5 Audi S4, maybe I should save."

(asking for advice don't know what to do. computer or car?)

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm, i just picked up a free PC from a friend who got a new one...

P4 3.0ghz hyperthreading, etc..

1280mb DDR 400mhz RAM

nVidia FX5200 256mb

I know the requirements are met, but my only problem is with the video card.... is the 5200 supported by the game or do I need to find a newer card? (I mean, I KNOW I need to find a newer card, but d'you think I can get away with just this?)

Guest RB26DETT
Hmmm, i just picked up a free PC from a friend who got a new one...

P4 3.0ghz hyperthreading, etc..

1280mb DDR 400mhz RAM

nVidia FX5200 256mb

I know the requirements are met, but my only problem is with the video card.... is the 5200 supported by the game or do I need to find a newer card? (I mean, I KNOW I need to find a newer card, but d'you think I can get away with just this?)

to be honest mate, i don't think that card is capable of running TD:U. the 6600gt is the min and is better than the FX5200. i suggest getting a new card. a 7600gs is a cheap and decent gaming card. :)

to be honest mate, i don't think that card is capable of running TD:U. the 6600gt is the min and is better than the FX5200. i suggest getting a new card. a 7600gs is a cheap and decent gaming card. :)

Well, I'd thought as much...... Thanks for responding!

And I've been looking at the 7800gs and x1950 Pro AGP cards.. If I'm gonna get a new card, I think I should probably get the best I can.

Anyone selling either of those? lol

I would get the x1950 Pro altho it depends, the other day i was in the shop this dude showed me all these cars like the x1950 Pro, 7900GT and a 8600GTS I wanted to play DX10 games so i took the 8600GTS, but if you want to TDU with good settings i rather get the x1950 Pro and because you have AGP that is the best card for you pc xD.