We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PC System Requirements

Eudemon

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My PC;

ATI X1950XTX 512MB GDDR4

P4 3.8GHZ 2MB L2 cache

2 GB RAM

I run it perfectly on complete maximum settings :)

lowest FPS i get is around 30

maximum is around 60

thats not perfect, my friend gets around 80-90fps

and yes u and I should be getting that too but wer not for some reason

not that Im not satisfied with what I get but I should be getting more for what i went through with my pc, one burned gpu and PSU, spent over $3000 on it so far

my friend is wondering how the game will run on his pc, plese reply soon coz he was born in oahu and he wants the game so bad lol

his specs are

nvidia 6800, p4 running at 3.4 ghz, 2 gigs ram

Should be running fine with that spec on 1024 if its an Ultra or GT.

I bought this game today, but my ATI Xpress 1150 couldn't handle it on the lowest settings. Thinking of getting a new graphics card soon, what should I go for? Budget would be around $400AU. If I get any spare change I'd probably buy a 256MB RAM stick to make it go over 1GB.

-AMD Athlon 3800 64x2

-894MB RAM

-135GB free HDD space

-Screen is 19" LCD (1280x1024), no matter what settings I need to use, I want to play on fullscreen.

I was thinking of an ATI Radeon X1650XT, but I wanted to know what the difference between PCI and AGP is? Will it damage my computer if I take the wrong one?

i posted it on the pcsection but ive got no responses so im posting it here

i got a little ... accident ... with my pc (im using my "olde duste laptope") and im praticaly going to buy a new one. Its mainly for gaming but i still havent decided the GPU: im betwen the 7900GTO (BRL 1,100) and the 8800 gtx (BRL 2,900) BRL= Brasilian Real= money from where i live xD. i know they are on a very diferent price range, but im wondering if i should get the 7900 (with a little memory overclock to run @ 1600 mhz) and wait for the dx10 gpus to hit a decent price range (or maybe for more powerfull dx10 gpus) or if i should get the 8800 gtx right away. My main concern its about the price since ill probably upgrade to a dx10 gpu anyway by the middle of the next year (not the price of the gpu itself, i can afford either of them). Im new (ok ima completly noob) @ hardware so you guys think the 8800 gtx (or maybe a more powerfull dx10 gpu) will have a lower enough price by the mids of 2008 to make it worth spending 1k now on a dx9.0c gpu? or should i get the 8800 gtx now? if i get the 8800gtx will i have to upgrade to a more powerfull dx10 gpu once they starting comming out?

Havent got the game yet, but I suppose it'll run well on my rig:

3700+ Athlon64

1gb Kingston

7,56 gb free (14,73gb, after I uninstall Tomb Raider Legend...)

MSI 7900GTX 512mb

And, a 22" Acer wide, flatscreen :D

Edit: Yup, smooth as silk. Getting 45+ framerate i 1680x1050, no HDR :D

GPU

i posted it on the pcsection but ive got no responses so im posting it here

Go for the 8800gts 320mb

This card is overclockable, it supports dx10 (not that any game does) has sm3 and all the other goodies you expect.

The price is around £200 so that a could midrange card for the next 6-12 months.

I would not advise to spend money on the 8800gtx at least not now as ati will be releasing their r600 in Q2. This will make prices drop for nvidia chips across the range of gpu's.

Myself well I have the ati 850xt pe and will be waiting until Q2 to get a real good deal on a top of the range gpu.

Not that I need a new card as this one still is great with all games except sm3 ones.

i was g2g the 7900gto cause the price where i live its about BRL 1,100 , and the 8800gtx is about BRL 3,000 or so i just checked the 8800 gts and it is about BRL 1,500 so i might go for this one, i just need to raise more 400 bucks till monday T.T (will have to ask granny for a loan :D) . just to let you know 4 BRL = 1 GBP

Pentium 4 2.66Ghz (2 CPUs)

1GB RAM

Disco SATA 160gb

Motherboard IntelInside

Sound Card OnBoard

Direct X 9.0c

Windows XP Service Pack 2

ATi Radeon 9250 256mb 64bits

I Don`t play this game , i go to .exe and click here but the game isn`t start

FOR WHAT ? :(

System specs

If you should have the original game you should read the system specs on the back of the cover!!!

Your GPU is not up to the job.

You need a minimum of a ati 9800 or nvidia 6600gt. May I also add that even these card are not ideal for the game.

:excited:

The Tiggs

• 2 weeks later...

From the recommended specs:

"Nvidia 6600 GT with 256 MB of VRAM. "

WOOOT?

I have that card, but mine is the Leadtek WinFast PX6600 GT TDH GeForce 6600GT 128Mb DDR3 TV-out DVI SLI-ready RETAIL PCI Express.

Didn't know that 6600GT was available in 256mbs.

I will buy a new card, cause the way it is now, i can barely drive without lag in 840x680, no shading...And that truly sucks...

Any recommendations on a 256mb card DDR3?

From the recommended specs:

"Nvidia 6600 GT with 256 MB of VRAM. "

WOOOT?

I have that card, but mine is the Leadtek WinFast PX6600 GT TDH GeForce 6600GT 128Mb DDR3 TV-out DVI SLI-ready RETAIL PCI Express.

Didn't know that 6600GT was available in 256mbs.

I will buy a new card, cause the way it is now, i can barely drive without lag in 840x680, no shading...And that truly sucks...

Any recommendations on a 256mb card DDR3?

Hey everyone, (new here :))

Try and grab a 6800GT or even a 6800U, not expensive really. I've got one and it runs the game nice n' good ;)

As for me, i run the game on

P4. 3.45GHz

2GB RAM

632Gb HDD space

6800Gt

and all on a 20.1" widescreen with 1400x1000 resolution, settings on high

Runs like a dream :)

Just letting you's know that I now bought a 7600GT, and it runs beautifully :D

What sort of settings can you run the game at? I'm looking at this card... I have an AMD Athlon 64x2 5000+ with 2gb of ram. How would this card work with my computer? Also, what is "HDR"? Would I be able to select that as well with the new card?

Hello all,

Bit new here, been reading pretty much all of the posts here regarding system specs, but i'm still abit unsure whether or not my pc will be able to run the game.

I am passing all Minimum, and Recommended system specs, exept my NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 128mb, where the minimum is 256mb :'(

Is there any chance at all that i will be able to run this game? Tbh i dont care if everything has to be set on low, just curious if i will even be able to run the game.

Thanks in advance!

For now, I have this :

-Asus P5P 800S

-Intel Pentium 4 3.0Ghrz (Overclocked at 3.3)

-XFX nVidia 5200FX 256 Mo (yeah I know)

-2X 256Mo ram DDR1 266Mhrz

(I have bitween 2 and 4 FPS rofl)

But, after my holidays in USA, in september (Virginia-Virginia Beach) I'll have a really better one.

-Core 2 Duo 6300 or 6400 (depend of price)

-8800GTS 640Mo or 8800GTX 768Mo (depend of price)

-2X 1Go DDR2 800Mhz

Actually, for now, I've got no money for that (about 1000$ I think).

Depend of price because, now E6300 and 8800GTS 640 make 1000$ (with mother board and all the rest of the PC).

But in september, maybe that the E6400 and the 8800GTX 768 will make 1000$ in my PC. So I don't know yet ;)

I only know 2 things, I'll have a good computer in september and I gonna have G25 in June :D

My notebook:

Dell inspiron 8600

Intel pentium m 1,7GHz (not quite the same as a pentium 4 1,7 Ghz)

1GB Ram

ATI Mobility radeon 9600 pro turbo, (which does not meet the official standard but I've seen post with people saying it works!)

however,

I've installed the game and tried to run it, but I only see a black screen...

I can hear the inro sounds but I don't see anything! When I hit Alt-Tab I can sometimes see the menu for a tenth of a second before returning to my desktop. The menu which i see for a sec when hitting Alt-Tab has loaded normally and is waiting for the key.

I would say it is the radeon 9600 that fails but since I heared that others can run the game with it I doubt that.

I have updated my drivers so that can't be it. Anybody has any suggestions?

I'd say the whole concept of running TDU on a notebook seems a bit iffy to me. But so far as it being physically possible there should be no problem, if it meets minimum system requirements. :umm:

Can't think of anything other than your lack of processing power and type of processor. TDU is really picky about what it runs on. >_>

Sorry I can't be more help. :(

Try to update the driver of your graphic card. Update your BIOS too ;)

Actually, try to updates every things that could be used for the game...

That's allways the first thing to do.

Try to uninstall the game, update all and install back.

Don't forget to quit all programs before playing.

If you're playing with a wheel, pad, joystick, update it too.

I hope that'll run good after that.

(The bigest solution is to format you PC and install all back, but formating for only one game :s )

I'm thinking about getting TDU. Would my comp be able to run the game all settings at maximum and with a 35+ FPS ?

My comp:

Intel E4300

Asus P5B

Corsair 2*1GB 800mhz RAM

Radeon x1950 pro 256mt

22" LCD-monitor with 1680x1050 resolution

Would that be able to run the game on max.settings and with max resolution on a 35+ FPS.

Btw, all G25 users, does the game support the clutch and the h-pattern shifter?

thx

-P.M

I don't know if you'll run at full resolution but the game has been made with the G25 so, clutch, H shifter, FFB are nice (I think so :D)

BTW I think you'll run at 1024/768 (or close resolution in 16/10 screen) at full or middel ;)