We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

My Ideal Test Drive Unlimited !!

Eudemon

Okay everyone knows that TDU is a quality game for a first iteration but we also know that there's a lot that needs to be fixed, improved or even added so it got me thinking. "Everyone's a critic" so here's your chance to tell us and the community exactly what YOU would like in your Test Drive Unlimited.

Imagine Atari has asked you for a list and description of what should be in TDU, you have full creative freedom to create your perfect TDU game ! Would you go for it be more simbased? Maybe more into the NFS territory or perhaps a little bit RPG? The choice is yours !!

So get to typing and lets see if we can collectively get some quality ideas that show what the community wants and maybe even give Atari an actual voice in their heads of what we want.

Remember this is in your own opinion and thus "one persons like will be another persons dislike" but if you have a disagreement of one persons idea then constructively discuss it don't just shoot it down and call it stupid or the like.

Now get your thinking caps or even jump on the game and start noting those changes or additions you would love to see. Try though to keep some common sense in your thinking though, remember flipping cars is something licensors have a serious problem with and being able to add your images to your car may well be an obstacle that can't be overcome due to Microsoft but other than that get to wishing !

1. Choosing individual parts instead of stages.
  2. Being able to set your car up for road use and track use.
  3. A lot more car,the current amount is starting to get boring.
  4. Night time.
  5. Weather.
  6. More Japanese cars.
  7. Another race track or two.
  8. Around 20 people in a server.
  9. Places to meet up at for cruises. e.g Restaurants,bars etc....
  10. Hotel for when you just start out and don't have enough money for a house.
  11. Being able to modify the exterior of some cars.We need to be able to modify the Skyline and 350z etc.How often do you see a standard Skyline? Obviously,no modifying the exotics,they're perfect as it is.
  12. People being able to enter your house with permission,would be handy for trading etc..
  13. Outdoor garages.
  14. Buying land and then creating your own house.
  15. Being able to choose your own brand and type of tyre. e.g choosing a Dunlop 245/45/17 instead of a Michelin 235/50/17 etc..
  16. Wipers.
  17. Roofs going up and down in convertibles.
  18. Putting your own furniture in your house.
  19. A clutch.
  20. More bikes,R1,R6,Gixxer and Hayabusa please. ;)
  21. Changing your character mid game.
  22. Having to take a driving test.
  23. Turbo lag.
  24. Dump valves.
  25. Your car needs a service and new tyres after a certain amount of miles.
  26. Bigger island/place.
  27. Distinguishable engine sounds e.g no car sounds the same.
  28. Letting friends go in the passenger seat/rear seat of your car if your cruising around. This would reflect on the weight of the car.
  29. Damage.
  30. Spending hospital time if you have a big wreck.
  31. Insurance.
  32. Being able to give money to people.
  33. DLCs and patches on time,joke. ;)

I know some of these would take away from the driving aspect of the game but they would be extremely fun all the same...

A very good list By Glazarog. Can't really add but I must admit a much bigger Variety of cars could've of been added also I think they should've taken more care with the tuning vechiles as they could've done better. My final point is about visual tuner. I think it should be allowed as it adds to the Uniqueness of the cars. Companys like Novi-tech and Hamman tune high end cars where as others tune cars like Skylines to Alfas to Golfs. Just more is what I need! Also making damage if possible would also be nice!

1. more people per server

2. being able to modify inside and outside of your car

3. a better way to sell cars and bikes over trade

4. more bikes

5. more biker gear (better leathers)

6. tune cars to what you want

7. be able to drive boats(that would be cool)

8. night time

9. rain and storms

10. damage would be great

11. be able to set up proper clubs(your own logo for club and stuff like that)

12. drap strips out on their own

13. more tracks

14. cars need petrol to keep going

15. give money direct to people

16. have your own music playing in your car

17. more places to go to eg: hotels, pubs, gyms, supermarkets etc..

18. be able to work to get some money up(optional) this could be a good feature

19. be able to tkae proper photos and upload them better

20. like what glanz said, take a drivers test to get your licence or be fined and banned off road for period of time

21. buy land to set up own car or bike business, to sell cars

22. more cars, subaru, low riders and more muscle cars

23. tracks just for drifting

24. you have to get every car via download on marketplace so that not everyone has the same car

25. have more tunnels to get to places fast

26. road like autoban, fast cars only, have to be a certain speed or else not alowed in

27. offroad vehicles

Cant think of anyting else at the moment but this is most of the stuff that would be cool if it was to go into TDU

Maybe some of the ideas are a bit mad but this is what i would like

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

1. More Triumphs
  2. More Ducati's
  3. More Kawasaki's
  4. Honda's
  5. Suzuki's
  6. Yamaha's
  7. More Mv Augusta's
  8. Moto Guzzi's
  9. BMW's
  10. Aprillia's
  11. Cagiva's
  12. Benelli's
  13. Bimota's
  14. Shoei, Arai, Suomy, AGV... BRAND NAME HELMETS
  15. BRANDNAME GEAR WHICH IS DECENT
  16. More cars which are interesting and less Lexus's, no "SUV's", no pickups or any of that tripe
  17. Different environment... Only so much of Oahu that one can stand and especially when so much of it looks exactly the same
  18. Proper sounds
  19. Proper physics
  20. DAMAGE MODELLING
  21. Weather which actually effects the world
  22. Day/Night cycles
  23. The ability to leave the car if you want or spend some 'downtime' "working" to get some money if you're strapped for cash
  24. An 'eBay' like selling system as seen in "GRID"
  25. Proper bike physics and handling
  26. Less bugs
  27. Less glitches
  28. None of that
  29. Licensing
  30. Petrol
  31. Tyre wear
  32. Car damage which you have to pay to repair
  33. Engine wear
  34. Ability to give other people lifts
  35. Taxi's
  36. Realistic car delivery times and numbers... Everyone having an XJ220... Just no...
  37. Decent clothes... All I could find which I liked were some black gloves because they are the same as my driving gloves in real life (yes, I wear driving gloves... Make me go faster:p)
  38. Decent tuning
  39. Life like performance
  40. Cars / bikes (and riders) get dirty from dirt, oil on the roads, rain, this, that and the other and need to be washed

I'll take a breather now

[Edit] Oh... Just noticed this is an older thread... Funny... Forum said it had new posts in it...?? Sorry [/Edit]

1. Choosing individual parts instead of stages.
  2. Being able to set your car up for road use and track use.
  3. A lot more car,the current amount is starting to get boring.
  4. Night time.
  5. Weather.
  6. More Japanese cars.
  7. Another race track or two.
  8. Around 20 people in a server.
  9. Places to meet up at for cruises. e.g Restaurants,bars etc....
  10. Hotel for when you just start out and don't have enough money for a house.
  11. Being able to modify the exterior of some cars.We need to be able to modify the Skyline and 350z etc.How often do you see a standard Skyline? Obviously,no modifying the exotics,they're perfect as it is.
  12. People being able to enter your house with permission,would be handy for trading etc..
  13. Outdoor garages.
  14. Buying land and then creating your own house.
  15. Being able to choose your own brand and type of tyre. e.g choosing a Dunlop 245/45/17 instead of a Michelin 235/50/17 etc..
  16. Wipers.
  17. Roofs going up and down in convertibles.
  18. Putting your own furniture in your house.
  19. A clutch.
  20. More bikes,R1,R6,Gixxer and Hayabusa please. ;)
  21. Changing your character mid game.
  22. Having to take a driving test.
  23. Turbo lag.
  24. Dump valves.
  25. Your car needs a service and new tyres after a certain amount of miles.
  26. Bigger island/place.
  27. Distinguishable engine sounds e.g no car sounds the same.
  28. Letting friends go in the passenger seat/rear seat of your car if your cruising around. This would reflect on the weight of the car.
  29. Damage.
  30. Spending hospital time if you have a big wreck.
  31. Insurance.
  32. Being able to give money to people.
  33. DLCs and patches on time,joke. ;)

This is my perfect TDU :thumbsup:

• 5 weeks later...

-Gas.

-Food?

-More dynamic weather.

-Be able to park your car when you go somewhere and have it be in the same spot as you left it.

-Be able to get out of your car at home and at interactive places.

-Take pictures using a 'free look' type view.

-Assortment of tracks(drag; grand prix?; autox)

-VoIP(I have a feeling this is already in TDU I guess I just havent figured it out.)

-In single player have different settings for cop awareness. Maybe even be able to buy a radar detector.

-Maybe for VoIP use cell phones.(In game)

-More customization variety and more specific.

-Tuning capabilities. So that people that know more about cars can actually show it in game by having a well tuned car.

-Dirt roads, rally tracks, mud trails.

-ATV's Jetski's Boat's SUV's

-More JDM cars. Mostly Subaru.

-Make your online profile accessable on multiple computers. As in, I could be at a friends house and login to my account and have all of my cars houses and money.

-Be able to walk around your houses and garages.

-Have cars be transferrable between houses.

-Have an option to target a destination with your GPS if you don't want to teleport.

Can't really thing of much else right now but those would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...

different horns... picky i know but there you go, being there is only 2 different horns sounds, nothing worse than your lovely me12 having the same sounding horn as a suturn curve...

oh and being able to flash your lights without starting a full blown race

I don't think anyone wants to change the game drastically but I guess everyones ideal would be a kind of subtle compromise between Need For Speed, The Sims and Grand Theft Auto!!!

I'd like to see pedestrians and better AI. I'd also like to be able to earn money owning businesses and stuff, obviously how this would work multiplayer could be tricky unless a bigger (much bigger!) island was created!

GC

My ideal one would be:

• None of that designer costume stuff. I don't want to buy clothes, and the shops just clutter up my map.
  • I'd say no bikes, but I believe in Test Drive Unlimited. And my ideal game with no bikes would contradict that.
  • No paying for damage, or no damage in the first place. TDU is not about crashing and damaging cars, its why the first game is so brilliant.
  • Lifelike performance I'm OK with, but what's wrong with just having some fun in a McLaren at 425kph? there are more serious driving games out there. TDU is a bit of a laugh right now, which is a good thing.
  • More cars - Fast ones, slow ones, minivans, SUVs, trucks. Everything you can get. I want lots of cars so I never get bored.
  • No day/night
  • No pedestrians (sorry, that'll just make the game Grand Theft Auto)
  • Weather, or actually just rain. And sun.
  • Some offroading would be good
  • Improved graphics
  • Some more racetracks, or the ability to actually race on the Oahu raceway. I dunno what you can do in multiplayer, but in single player the raceway is a pointless strip of tarmac with no challenges on it.

I don't really car about any of that though, since I'm happy with TDU as it is (gameplay), all I really really want is more cars.

Some good points there dredgy

At first I was for damage and payed repairs but that should definitely be only an option. That would spoil all the fun of fast driving. Everyone would drive too cautiously and much slower...an option for some easy realistic cruising would be great though...but then again, bot drivers must be very much improved! Don't wanna see my car wracked only 'cause some stupid computer generated person decided to drive through me....

Night/Day change is a must!

I would definitely opt for night/day changes and also weather as well.

Pedestrians wouldn't need to be GTA style, there are games where it is impossible to run pedestrians over because they just move out of the way, I think it would make the whole experience just more realistic.

Much improved trading system is needed where you can choose who you can sell a car too rather than just putting in the bigger trade pool.

I agree with removing the shops and maybe just having smaller clothing options so not every player is a clone of each other, unless there is more interation with the character but then that changes the style of game really.

Damage is interesting, if it is an option it means people will be playing different types of game so if some earns a million with damage on are they a better player than someone earning a million with damage off? If you see what I mean.

I kind of like the idea of different kinds of vehicle, remembering this is supposed to be the ultimate lifestyle experience so perhaps not bangers but luxury 4x4s like Range Rovers and so on would be good I reckon.

GC