We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Djey modding tool - crash problem

Docent1995

Hello could somebody help me?

I downloaded Djey modding tool, it was very late at night and all i wanted to do is change my modded vehicle (koenigg -> bugatti veyron) cockpit view.

So I've found koenigg car and tried to replace camera view to cadillac vlx since Bugatti mod maker attached file with vlx camera (regular camera was very bugged) i changed it and saved file. Exited tool and started game, unfortunately it crashed on startup i tried to replace camera view for old one but it seems like saving file changed something for other cars not only for this one (btw. I have a lot of modded cars in game). Can somebody tell me what can i do in this situation? What could changed in settings that might causes this problem? I will be greatful for help, I don't wanna uninstall game and search for all mods I had installed throughout all this time...

Hi,

if you replaced cameras.bin files with another one, it may have affected many cars.

Generally, switching whole file is not a good solution.

You can restore default cameras by using cameras.bin file in tdumt xml directory (copy to tdu/euro/bnk/database, overwrite existing)

Hello, Thank you for answer.

To be more precise all I did was: open tool -> vehicle manager -> pick car koenigsegg agera -> tab Camera-IK -> click avaible sets -> cadillac vlx -> camera -> SAVE.

And I exited tool trying to start game.

When it crushed i tried to bring back old camera of koenigsegg in tool doing same think but choosing koenigsegg camera and saving, but it didn't solve my problem. When I will back to home i am going to try your solution thanks.

TDU can crash by many reasons, and i really doubt it's because a camera change in TDU Modding Tools. Possible causes can be a problem with the Veyron mod, a problem with any other mod you've put, a problem in the Database.

If it's a problem in the database, i'd recommend you to check the CarPhysicsData, found in Database button, in the Modding Tools. A common problem is a car get it's BitField missing.

Okay so I've tried to replace cameras.bin files like Djey advised to do, but unfortunately problem still persists.

Milli I checked CarPhysicsData but there is too many information I don't know what should I search for, what could be missing? in what tab?

Also like I said everything worked fine before, I am not installing mods all the time, I just added bugatti veyron which had bad camera in cockpit and didn't switch gears (only 1st gear worked, you could achieve 100kph)

--- Post Updated ---

Next important information: when I click Koenigsegg CCR in TDUMT it look like this: "Current slot: Koenigsegg CCR / Koenigsegg CCR ??"

Okay so I've tried to replace cameras.bin files like Djey advised to do, but unfortunately problem still persists.

Milli I checked CarPhysicsData but there is too many information I don't know what should I search for, what could be missing? in what tab?

Also like I said everything worked fine before, I am not installing mods all the time, I just added bugatti veyron which had bad camera in cockpit and didn't switch gears (only 1st gear worked, you could achieve 100kph)

--- Post Updated ---

Next important information: when I click Koenigsegg CCR in TDUMT it look like this: "Current slot: Koenigsegg CCR / Koenigsegg CCR ??"

Did you actually tried to change how it drives? Because only change a camera position should not even make your game crash, edit the physics otherwise... Try to reset all the physics of the Koenigsegg CCR.

And that is correct. That's how it should show up. If you can click on the car, Modding Tools read it without much of a problem, the car should be "fine" and not broken.

I already did reset all Koenigsegg CCR data, brought back rims, interior/exterior, restored back original physics in TDU Editor.

I didn't change anything besides camera, like I said in steps all I did was: open tool -> vehicle manager -> pick car koenigsegg CCR -> tab Camera-IK -> click avaible sets -> cadillac XLR-V -> camera -> SAVE.

Also I am 100% sure, before those mentioned steps game worked perfectly.

Got it and already replied.

Your DB.bnk had 2 problems. One, in the CarPhysicsData, common problem of BitField missing, and other, a bit odd, your CarRims had 2 vehicles using Brutale rims.

nz4N19U.png

And the second unknown vehicle using Brutale rims

G4TUpgj.png

I've tried to fix it, but you need to test and see if everything is working.

Corruption is in the place!

"Try-fix" can't always revert to working game as it is not always possible to re-build missing values. .

That's problematic as you seem to lack the default car and bike slots (1216772657 & 1210773243), the game do need them.

Changing camera for a vehicle does not affect other slots, but again some random hard of soft errors may cause incorrect file writing.

TLDR;

The default car and bike slots have to be recreated from scratch. "Try fix" has created the slots, but proper values have to be written manually within editor - or reset via patches.

I will provide you a patch to restore these slots.

Edit: just attached patch file. Extract it onto desktop then import it into TDUF Editor (Import -> TDUF patch...)

PS : next time, make backups of TDU database before using tools ;)

Okey so apparently game doesn't wish to cooperate with us and still crashing even after I imported your file to database.

I want to thank Milli and Djey for trying their best to help me, but I guess I am forced to uninstall game and install it again, oh well... better luck next time I hope.