We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Project CARS 2 - First trailer out

superhyper

It's all a bit FIFA-y to me to be honest, cars on a track year after year but with a few new cars and improved weather graphics, for a lot of money :shrug:

Maybe there's much more to be excited about and i'm just being a cynical grump, but I blame the trailer for that.

No I agree. It's not like the good old days of GT announcing a new game with 3x the cars, or Forza with x tracks, and new this and that. The most original and exciting racing game to come out in a while was probably DriveClub. That's not to say these games are bad, just that they follow a formula and it doesn't give me that fizzle down below (as James May would say) that I got when Forza Horizon was announced, or TDU2, or even FM3 as that was a big leap from FM2.

I think what the genre really needs is more titles to compete with and shake things up a bit. That's why I'm really glad to see NFS trying to change things up a bit from their FIFA-style releases. It's a step in the right direction.

All I know is that they're only allowed to show certain things where already-signed contracts/licenses permit them to. Trailer reminded me a bit of that hype we had for Forza 3 when they showed off that alpine track.

I haven't played pC2 (or anything with a wheel) much these past few months so I can't comment personally on the physics.

--- Post Updated ---

2 other new videos that I've not yet seen:

Official Project CARS 2 Announcement Trailer Out - Inside Sim Racing

Other tidbits from the wookie: Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread | Page 19 - GTPlanet

First time seeing that now and damn that is spectacular looking and fully worthy of being a sequel. I mean holy hell they have went out and added a large chunk of what was missing with the first and then some. Was expecting weather for sure but not like that and being that it is a feature for all locations and not just presets is even more remarkable. It's looking glorious in the looks which is probably the aspect that is not surprising seeing as how much they pushed out of capable hardware with pCARS1.

This game providing it handles well and not just realistically but also good for the main demopgraphics of racing game player will become a force to be reckoned with. It shames GT Sport and it's been in development a shorter time I think? Good going the Slightly Mad Squad and community who have been involved with this one.

Was good to see Ian Bell saying that the aim is Septemberish but that they'll be QA'ing this one extremely heavily, uttering the words 'it will be done when it's done'.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...