We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post your desktop!

Eudemon

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do I make my image into jpg because its bmp and I cant post a decent bmp image

open the picture in paint, then select save as and call it something different making sure you alter the pull down menu from bmp to jpeg.

then in your "my pictures" folder you will have two of the same image use the one the you just renamed. if you failed to rename it then hover your mouse over each image until a popup appears display what file type it is and select the jpeg one to upload to site.

if using a totally new picture from the game !!!

enter the game press prt screen a few times (just to be sure) exit game and enter paint, on a new paint doc click the box with the dotted outline at the top right of the toolbox and then right click in the white area of paint and select paste.

crop the image to your liking, etc. then repeat the above "save as" remebering to change the file type to jpeg in the pull down menu. if your a vista user you can also use the inbuilt image resizing option, under image > resize/skew.

alter the resize measurements from 100 to whatever you need, so for example changing them both th 50 will alter the size of the image to half its present size, and changing them both to 200 will double its size, etc...

if using fraps as image recorder !!!

launch fraps and tdu then pressing the key (whatever you have it set to in fraps) for screenshots, exit game and select the screenshot tab from inside fraps. find the image you require in the list and cut/past to your "my pictures" folder. again repeat the paint process to alter to a jpeg or bmp etc.

anyway there you have it in a nutshell :) look forward to seeing this desktop image - no excuse now :)

EDIT - now i just reply i read the post under yours and have just seen that you figured it out anyway ;LMAO - well i will leave this explantation in place for others :)

New Laptop 17" HP with Vista Home premium

paint is a crap resizer, look at the cap quality the picture has come out as ...

in paint adjust the image like this, however in your screenres you will lose the taskbar unless you do the end option as well...

edit the image in paint and select image > attributes, under units ensure you have pixels highlighted and change the screen res on width and heigh to that off say a 17" monitor 1280x1024...

this will then adjust the size but also crop the edges regardless of the image content. the only way to compensate for this is at the first stage whilst you have the entire image selected move it up (Drag) a tad to allow the room for the crop but of course you will lose the upper edge of the image but wont suffer the text blur.

or better still photoshop it.... for best results....

long winded way around this is to alter your desktop screen res to low 800x600 or whatever you wish the image in, save the image in paint without adjusting it and the set it as you background image (desktop wallpaper) then take a screenie of that using "prt screen" open and save this in paint and it wont require any resizing, maybe a crop on the edges of you have a widesreen monitor

NOTE: lowest res (800x600) will result in large text, recommend 1280x1024, then if really really need to adjust size of image in paint but adjust to say 80x80 from 100x100 should be ok at this, text should look just fine, etc

-cut-
Cheers for the long winded explanation, I do use Photoshop 7.0 on my computer, and the laptop with the screeny is CS3, but I couldn't be bothered to do it that way, paint was much quicker ;) + rep
Nice, but what's with the old messenger? :p
what? Live Messenger? That's the latest isn't it? Or are you on about the conversation? that was Speed from this forum :)

If I'm not mistaken, that's version 8.0. The latest one is 8.5...

http://get.live.com/messenger/overview

God, it's taking ages to install .... :oook: Maybe it's because I'm rendering a Pokémon game-play video though :p

Suppose that might have something to do with it.

ewwww, I don't like the top-bar. It's too thick. Needs a fade on it.