We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

[PC] TDU Central Club

S71NG3R

Just read this whole thread :)

It's really interesting seeing how the club has progressed.

Just thought I'd say, Don't really know why anyone would be interested, but I was, so read it if you've got some time and you want to know how the club grew, it's more interesting than you would think :)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a reminder for the Gumball challenge for Thursday night as I am not online tomorrow night.

Here are the details again:

This weeks special event - Mini Gumball challenge - 02/08/07 @ 8pm UK time

The event will be a race from point A - B and then back again.

You get 1 point for best car colour.

You get 1 point for getting to B first, here we stop and have a rest.

You get 3 points for getting back to A first. This is the end of the Gumball.

The winner of the Gumball is the person with the most points.

The Gumball champion is the person with 4 or more points if you get them.

The Gumball champion gets to pick the route for the next Mini Gumball challenge. Also you can put Gumball Champion as part of your avatar if you want to.

If there is no champion this time I will pick the route for the next one.

Route:

Start at meeting place E (destination A)

Stop at the most southern lighthouse (destination B)

Rest stop. Here you can go to the map and put destination A in the Sat-Nav. Then reconnect to the group.

Start at the most southern lighthouse (destination B)

Stop at meeting place E (destination A)

Gumball ends.

If needed I can show destination B on the map.

Rules:

Any car is allowed, try and pick the most outrageous colour scheme as we will be voting for the best colour.

Once you turn up with your car you can't go back and pick another one.

As it's a Gumball you can get to the destination any way you like but you can't use bookmarks.

You can "B" back to the road that is ok. Also if you go in the water and the car gets put back on the road you can carry on.

The winner at each destination is announced by the second car to make it. You must type the persons name you see at the destination.

As there are still connection problems and there is a lot of luck in a Gumball if you lose connection you are out like the car has broken down. If I am out like this which is almost guaranteed I will follow you on the map and jump to you at each destination. I will be a there as a organiser to keep the event running.

Im kicked out of the #1 group

Where i can join again...???? :(

Yes sorry there was a problem before the patch that would randomly add people to the club house that were on my friends list.

I had to kick a few people so I could get the group correct to the list here in the forum.

Sorry for any confusion caused but I could not fix the problem until after the patch.

Please read the rules on the first page, this shows how you can join.

TDU Central club announcement

Every week now there will be a special event.

This weeks special event - Mini Gumball challenge - 02/08/07 @ 8pm UK time

No not a Gumball with Mini's ;)

The event will be a race from point A - B and then back again.

You get 1 point for best car colour.

You get 1 point for getting to B first, here we stop and have a rest.

You get 3 points for getting back to A first. This is the end of the Gumball.

The winner of the Gumball is the person with the most points.

The Gumball champion is the person with 4 or more points if you get them.

The Gumball champion gets to pick the route for the next Mini Gumball challenge. Also you can put Gumball Champion as part of your avatar if you want to.

If there is no champion this time I will pick the route for the next one.

Route:

Start at meeting place E (destination A)

Stop at the most southern lighthouse (destination B)

Rest stop. Here you can go to the map and put destination A in the Sat-Nav. Then reconnect to the group.

Start at the most southern lighthouse (destination B)

Stop at meeting place E (destination A)

Gumball ends.

If needed I can show destination B on the map.

Rules:

Any car is allowed, try and pick the most outrageous colour scheme as we will be voting for the best colour.

Once you turn up with your car you can't go back and pick another one.

As it's a Gumball you can get to the destination any way you like but you can't use bookmarks.

You can "B" back to the road that is ok. Also if you go in the water and the car gets put back on the road you can carry on.

The winner at each destination is announced by the second car to make it. You must type the persons name you see at the destination.

As there are still connection problems and there is a lot of luck in a Gumball if you lose connection you are out like the car has broken down. If I am out like this which is almost guaranteed I will follow you on the map and jump to you at each destination. I will be a there as a organiser to keep the event running.

Can you please show destination B.

Can you please show destination B.

See attachments :)

I might even try to get online for this little event =D

If we got more than 8 people then surely this could be a little difficult! ..?

I'm taking this as sarcasm, as only 8 people can be in a session at once, however if there are more than 8 people we weill most likely split into 2 groups, 2 sessions, therefore up to 16 people. However I doubt this to be the case because I doubt there will be more than 8 people with SouthendRage and TheScottishSpotter both away this week.

Is there a cruise every day @ 8 PM ???

( In holland 9 o clock )

Yes, there is a cruise every day at 8pm GMT however at the moment there has been a slight break down in this because a few members are away for this week as mentioned above, so there isn't one on today as far as I know. Starting tomorrow the cruises will begin/ continue again, so check out this thread to see whats going on, especially the first post by S71NG3R as that contains the rules and locations of each cruise.

Thanks Speed_Freak for helping out as I was offline last night. +rep ;)

As tonight is a special event the first 8 to show up will get to go. You need to be in the same session tonight as me. I will make sure I'm there before 8pm UK time. I will ask other people to leave the session so we can try and get all 8 slots filled with just us.

I'm sorry if you can't join the session but you can always go on a cruise if a few turn up and can't join in.

We will all lock together and then go into isolate mode @ 8:30pm. Make sure you are there before because you will not be able to join the session after this. Please make sure you know how the isolate works but I can explain if needed. I will be the one to send the isolate request so be ready to accept or you will be kicked out of the session.

Once we get to destination B if you have lost me (if I loose connection to you) you will need to un-isolate so I can join and start the second part of the race also so you can add A to your Sat-Nav. You will all have to join to me again so we are all in the same session. Remember if this happens I will be watching the winner in map mode. But lets hope we don't have these problems.

Also remember because of the connection problems we still have it could be you will not connect to me fully. Sorry if this happens but if after a few try's you are still not connected fully then please leave the session to see if others can join.

Very sorry if this has to happen and lets hope the connection problems are fixed very soon.

I hope you have all painted your cars. ;)

No problem, happy to help, and thanks for the Rep :)

May not be able to get into the same session for 8.30 so don't know if I can be involved, working til 8pm GMT tonight so hopefully I should get home in time but I might not so have fun if I don't make it :)

Cya.

I'm glad we all got connected in the end, thanks to all that could make it.

Here are the official results:

Mini Gumball challenge champion N/A - no one had 4 or more points

Overall Mini Gumball challenge winner Southend-Rage

First race winner A-B Carboy - 1pt

Car colour winner Zurious - 1pt

Second race winner B-A Southend-Rage - 3pts

The champion is still unknown so look out for the next mini Gumball challenge and see if you can be the first champion.

Congratualtions to all the winners :)

Is someone going to post an account of the races, like 1st-6th for each so everyone can see?

I came 3rd in both :) Really happy with that.

Congratualtions again.

P.S. Why is the return journey worth more points? I didn't notice that in the rules til just now.

I think the mini Gumball Challenge is a lot of fun and to make it better I will change the rules a bit.

First because the Enzo can't be specially painted I am taking the point for car colour away.

There will now be 3 destinations here are how the points work:

Start at a meeting place

Destination A = 1 point

Destination B = 1 point

Destination C = 3 points (this is the meeting place at the start)

Mini Gumball Challenge Champion is the person with all 5 points.

Mini Gumball Challenge event winner is the person with more points at the finish.

There is 3 points for Destination C because it's the finish of the event also with this points system there will always be a winner and not a draw.

Because of the close competition it will be very hard to keep a record of who's 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc so only point winners will get a mention in the official results. Also this means there is more of a challenge to be first.

The champion status is very hard to get because this person is best of the best. Once someone is champ they will want to keep the title for as long as possible. So if the champ can't make a event there is no guarantee their title will be taken.

The only way for the title to change hands is if someone gets all 5 points.

Before the start of the next mini Gumball challenge a full map to show A, B and C will be posted with the announcement.

The date for the next mini Gumball challenge is unknown these will happen at random dates.

Please reply with any comments or questions.

I think the mini Gumball Challenge is a lot of fun and to make it better I will change the rules a bit.

First because the Enzo can't be specially painted I am taking the point for car colour away.

There will now be 3 destinations here are how the points work:

Start at a meeting place

Destination A = 1 point

Destination B = 1 point

Destination C = 3 points (this is the meeting place at the start)

Mini Gumball Challenge Champion is the person with all 5 points.

Mini Gumball Challenge event winner is the person with more points at the finish.

There is 3 points for Destination C because it's the finish of the event also with this points system there will always be a winner and not a draw.

Because of the close competition it will be very hard to keep a record of who's 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc so only point winners will get a mention in the official results. Also this means there is more of a challenge to be first.

The champion status is very hard to get because this person is best of the best. Once someone is champ they will want to keep the title for as long as possible. So if the champ can't make a event there is no guarantee their title will be taken.

The only way for the title to change hands is if someone gets all 5 points.

Before the start of the next mini Gumball challenge a full map to show A, B and C will be posted with the announcement.

The date for the next mini Gumball challenge is unknown these will happen at random dates.

Please reply with any comments or questions.

Ok thanks for clearing that up. I may be there tonight but we might be discussing Top Gear tactics so I may have to miss this one, sorry.

Great race last night, Congratz again to all the winners :)