We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

[!UPDATE7 16th July 2007] Official Information on Patch #1 !!3PM GMT+1!!

Eudemon

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met an Atari employee in-game today! Says they're working hard on numerous fixes, including how stupidly light the cars are in hardcore mode.

I pointed out a floating house I'd found to him. :D

That's good to know they are going to fix the weight of the cars in hardcore mode, it just makes it impossible to drive fast. It makes the normal mode feel more real lol.

But I will miss the fun you can have with the light cars like seeing how far you can fly :D

They should fix hardcore mode but include what we have now as a new fun mode ;)

Well Atari decided to screw us fans by delaying the patch further. But hey, we'll get a crappy little car called the RS4, and an even crappier car named---I think I'd better shut up before Skyline fans kill me to death. :P

We could've been better off with more powerful cars, the Murcielago Roadster, the Countach, the 599 GTB, and the Koenigsegg CCR to name a few. But we've got the RS4, and the, bow chicka bow wow, Skyline. Sure, they're free, but it doesn't mean we should just eat it up like nothing happened. We've been waiting for quite some time now, I think the least thing Atari could do is give us some more anticipated cars to play with.

I'll agree with Stinger on the hardcore mode part. While I wouldn't mind fixing the existing light cars problem I would also like some random mode where they keep the paper plane physics. It never gets boring trying to see how high will the Lamborghini Gallardo SE fly on a seaside bump or a mountain cliff.

And,

Please oh please put in the Carrera GT... I mean, COME ON, Forza has Porsches, and it's not too late to acquire the licence from Porsche.

I can foresee one thing happening when this patch comes out!

COMPLETE & UTTER SKYLINE & AUDI RS4 WHOREAGE!!!! For the first few weeks after the patch their the only cars you'll ever see cruising online. xD

Also i second a "fun mode" where we can jump around like were evil kenevil (but edit it so the cars DON'T automatically reset once they roll past a 90'degree angle)

• 2 weeks later...

If you all played TDU the last few days you should have had a news report at your house about the cheaters. Atari are going to reset all the leader boards and scores starting in the next few weeks.

There is still no date for the patch but we are one more step closer. I would guess no later than the end of June but we will have to wait for the official announcement.

Mid-late June. It is coming so don't worry. You may want to have a read of the Atari Banning Cheats thread though as the patch will have a form of anti-cheat in it that will check that all original files remain EXCEPT for videos and radio stations.