We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

[!UPDATE7 16th July 2007] Official Information on Patch #1 !!3PM GMT+1!!

Eudemon

!!!PATCH RELEASE 16th July 2007!!!

UPDATE #7: 16th July 2007

ETA for the patch release is today at 3pm GMT+1. At the same time, the server will be updated and the rankings reset.

We'll update you of any changes in the plan.

UPDATE #6: 13th July 2007

Dear all

Patch #1 will be released on Monday 16th July. Patch notes will be posted in the forum soon.

We apologise for the delay, and we hope the patch will make your gaming experience more enjoyable.

UPDATE #5: 2nd July 2007

from German Atari Europe forum:

Please note this is not a full list of fixes.

Patch notes*v2:*

_ AntiCheat measures implemented throughout the game

_ *Fully reworked save system. Profiles can not be corrupted anymore (note: players will not be able to load a corrupted savegame.)

_ Fixed crashes and improved stability everywhere in the game

_ Fixed bug when a 'New game' is created with an online profile (remanent information)

_ Improved online code (better management of lobbies, optimization of freeride sessions, “isolate” feature of the freeride improved)

_ Fixed various bugs in Drive In (linked with scores and cars)

_ Fixed traffic cars flying around

_ Fixed bug on multi-threading code

_ Fixed some cracking/stuttering sound issues

_ Fixed bugs in photo mode

_ Fixed some corruption on car graphics

_ Improved volume balance and bass power

UPDATE #4: 29th June 2007

Well, I've finally received an update about the patch.

Unfortunately, we were not given an exact release date, but the patch is now at its final testing stages. The patch will be a zip file that contains the following:

-build notes

-the patch itself (approx. 20-30 MB)

-two new cars (Audi RS4 and Nissan Skyline R34)

When it is released, it will be available for download on the TDU community website.

Players will also be notified in-game when the patch becomes available.

This is all the information I have at this time. I know our community is becoming weary (and you folks have every right to be), but try to remain patient. It's almost done.

UPDATE #3: 7th June 2007

PC Patch will now be available mid to late June. This will also patch the Digital Download version. I can only apologise for the extra delay but can assure you its on its way.

UPDATE #2: 25th May 2007

In order to give players the high quality of experience they expect, the Test Drive Unlimited PC patch will be released in mid-June following further testing to ensure the complete stability of the code.

As a special exclusive gift to all PC players, two brand new cars will be included with the patch completely free; the Audi RS4 and Nissan Skyline R34.

Main fixes of the patch are as follows:

· Corrupted saved games (previously lost save games cannot be restored)

· Freezing / crashes (at saving points and other specific places in the game)

· Some performance issues (low fps, stuttering fps, micro freezes)

· Anti-cheats system improved

· Audio bugs

· Other miscellaneous issues

Regarding Nvidia card issues, Nvidia has addressed this for some of its cards with driver updates. Eden and Atari are still working closely with Nvidia to solve the remaining issues.

UPDATE #1: 16th May 2007

Atari confirm that the Test Drive Unlimited PC patch is on track for a May 2007 release.

Further information will be revealed next week.

Thank you for playing Test Drive Unlimited.

UPDATE: 4th May 2007

Mattlab the Digital Downloads and E-Commerce Producer posted this in the US boards early today.

I can confirm that the patch is still coming in case anyone was worried... I know that our QA team is working on it...

Also in case anyone was wondering... The same patch should theoretically work for both the Retail version and the Box Product version of the game. Rest assured we are throughly testing this out to confirm but this is preliminary news that I wanted to share.

Lastly once the patch is out it will be posted on http://www.atarisupport.com

Regards,

Matt

Please don't hound for a date, just know that it is being worked on and that they have noted many issues and problems and are intent on fixing them.

Original Post:

Just posted at atari boards.

Atari confirm that Eden are currently working on a patch for the PC version of Test Drive Unlimited which will be available in May. With the patch Eden are working to address the following issues:

* Corrupted saved games (previously corrupted save games will not be restored)

* Game freezing / crashes

* Performance optimization

* In-game exploits

The patch will undergo thorough testing at Eden and Atari prior to release to ensure the quality. Further information will be available in due course. Thank you for playing Test Drive Unlimited.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Official Information on Patch #1

Glad to hear they're going to edit the video optimization. It's pretty basic, just select Low - Medium - High graphics. Ain't the best for people with not the best graphics cards to put everything on low, thanks for the update Diablo.

Good to see they are going to sort out the in-game exploits (someone finished the island tour in 7 ish mins? and people doing specific car challenges on bikes. pity about not being able to sort out corrupted save files.

wait wait wait wait...

are they gna make the patch to be less strict on the graphics card!!! i have a 9200 series and it wont play the game so i have to buy a whole new card. THAT WOULD BE SICK IF THIS PATCH FIXED THEIR STRICT REQUIREMENTS!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The new Nvidia drivers do not speed up the game so now it's left up to the patch.

I did a test with 640x480 all low settings, new drivers, no HDR with the 8800GTS and still got 2 FPS spikes in different parts around the Island.

The patch had better make it a lot better optimized. :(

Beta patch

Just found a beta patch v3.65 for TDU will install it and update you all on progress.

Starting of with a clean install as I had modified some files so give me time and I'll update you all later tonight if possible.

:excited:

The Tiga

Just found a beta patch v3.65 for TDU will install it and update you all on progress.

Starting of with a clean install as I had modified some files so give me time and I'll update you all later tonight if possible.

The Tiga

Thats awesome! Comment here about it, if it's good give us a link :D

load of crap

Well that was a load of crap anyways.

Must be some patch for the beta version of TDU.

Well that's a good few hours wasted anyway.

Sorry about that hoax worth a try but.

Next time try first post last. LOL

The Tiga

• 2 weeks later...