We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PC DLC - Would you buy it?

Eudemon

Would you pay for PC DLC?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay for PC DLC?

• Yes, I would
    • No way, it should be free
    • Not sure

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

no way would i pay for it. anyway give the hackers time & i can garentee the the DLC would be unlocked so even people that didnt buy it could use it lol. its theoreticly possible as alot of TDU's online "stuff" is kept client side. only log in info is sent to Atari nothing else. all online racing etc is managed between different players over P2P type networks.

• 2 weeks later...
no way would i pay for it. anyway give the hackers time & i can garentee the the DLC would be unlocked so even people that didnt buy it could use it lol. its theoreticly possible as alot of TDU's online "stuff" is kept client side. only log in info is sent to Atari nothing else. all online racing etc is managed between different players over P2P type networks.

Thats why the PC hasn't had a DLC pack yet:stinks:

Could they do a donate scheme where they release the first pack for free then if you are happy with it donate some money towards pack 2 and so on? That way if you want pack 2 sooner donate more money. I'm sure we can trust Atari to release pack 2 when the set money is received.

This way Atari get their money and the community get the cars and no one has to worry about hacking.

Then if not enough money is raised for pack 2 the money goes towards a bug free PC TDU2 ;).

Just an Idea. :)

I don't have the PC version, but I will soon and I can say that if the DLC was good enough, I would probably pay for it to get it. If it was like, some crappy cars or something then no. I'd just go without.

On the other hand.... if it was an expansion disc with 50+ cars, etc. on it that I could buy at my local gamestop, then heck yes I would buy it.

Guest RB26DETT
wait...so theres NO DLC AT ALL for PC?!:mad:

we only got a patch that supposedly fixed some bugs in the game and came with 2 cars: a Nissan Skyline R34 GTR and Audi RS4.

we only got a patch that supposedly fixed some bugs in the game and came with 2 cars: a Nissan Skyline R34 GTR and Audi RS4.

oh i heard that it apparently made the game worse for some people?

is there some issue on safety for PC DLC, like people could hack or something?

Guest RB26DETT
oh i heard that it apparently made the game worse for some people?

is there some issue on safety for PC DLC, like people could hack or something?

based on what i read on these forums that the reason why the PC DLC might not push through because sales of the PC version of the game weren't as high as the Xbox 360's, and that they haven't thought of a way to distribute the content.

Guest RB26DETT
well that sucks :cry:

i guess I'll have to put up with the lack of DLC, because I'm not buying a 360 just for TD:U, no matter how immense the game is :p

haha! good for you! do not cross over to the dark side of the force.

RE: dlc content

i dont know why im answering the question, as i dont for 1second actually believe that dlc was ever going to be released on the pc version.

Regarding PC DLC, if Eden and Atari went the paid for route with the DLC would you actually pay for it? If it came out on an expansion disc or as download would you be willing to pay the same or just under what the Xbox 360 players do?

I think DLC is a tough nut to crack on PC especially if you wish to charge for it as someone will always find a way past it so to speak. How would Atari and Eden be able to pull it off if they did charge for it? Or should it be free to begin with and you will scream bloody murder if they dare charge for what is to be honest Premium Content.

The answer to your question is simple, you cant stop some hacker abusing it, but i think you already knew this. same as you cant stop the single player version of tdu itself from being cracked, etc.

but this happens with every title and it doesnt stop developers releasing the game anyway. and lets be honest games are being cracked these days before they hit the shelves, for example crysis...

but yes i would pay for it - prefer it in disc format myself rather than d.load

Heres another question along the same lines...

No one has been able to prevent cheating in any title, would this stop you as a developer cashing in by releasing a game ?

Regarding PC DLC, if Eden and Atari went the paid for route with the DLC would you actually pay for it?

well EA seem to have gone for the pay for additional content route and by doing so have taken the first step into beating off Atari's Target Market. They now officially behind the front runners.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28944.html

I think DLC is a tough nut to crack on PC especially if you wish to charge for it as someone will always find a way past it so to speak.

And yes its been hacked already. But.. they still released it. and im sure they will gain from it and ok it was already hidden in the game already, but.. it would have took next to no time to make when compared with another fresh game in the series.

Are atari going to take the leap forward now ???

Hope so :)

• 2 weeks later...