We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

You probably know me. ^^

Abstandhalterin

Hi everyone, my name is Janine (you can call me Jane though) and my online nickname is Abstandhalterin which means "gap minder" in English or something like that. I drive with a respect gap between the car in front of me to show him I accept him as a fellow driver on the street and I'm not making him feel like he's gotta go faster and faster. ;)

I've got a few videos on Youtube and MyVideo (German site), mainly showing me cruising with different cars in "Test Drive Unlimited". I like to just cruise, not do races or speeding around like a hornet all the time. I hate crashers (people who ram me from behind even when there is lots of room to overtake) and left lane hogs (traffic that does not go on the right lane when it's free ... slow traffic - keep right, is it?). I always respect the traffic rules whenever possible and when it's somehow realistic. I don't always stop on stop signs if there is obviously no car approaching from any side. I also do right turns if the signal is red if the T-road or crossroad is clear.

In my free time on the internet, I also keep a club of around 40 registered users on an Invisionfree forum. The link to there is in my profile. If you want, check it out. :) I'm also registered on the most common TDU forums such as TDU-Central (yeah, there is another forum with the same name in German language and a bit more members than you've got here) and the Atari forums.

I got to your (really nice) forum when I spotted a few links to my video and I followed those links. I hope I can become a vital part of your community and I promise I'll keep contributing to my video blogs on both Youtube and MyVideo whenever I've got the time to do so. :)

With Care & Respect

Jane AKA Abstandhalterin

Hi there Jane, welcome to TDU Central and I am glad that we can throw some people over at your videos, I usually do a search on youtube to see what's new and when I saw yours I was just laughing and thinking that was quality and had to share.

I am loving the signature tagline also. :D

Hello there petrolheads! Greetings from finland! I think it would be awesome if we could arrange some evening cruises or something like that ! would be fun for everyone, espescially jane, if you dont like to floor it all the time ;)) and arranged cruises are always awesome in real life or in the game! i will be there with my rs4 if we can arrange a cruise someday =) Take care buddies!

Diablo, again thanks for all the work you do and get some nobodies the chance to be seen! I would like to mention again that you have a PM from me waiting in your inbox. Maybe you oversaw it. ;)

TopGeared, of course we might sometime meet. It's a bit difficult with the server being down so often though.

Don't worry Jane I'm getting down the number of replied to PM's to under 5 now so I should be with you shortly. lol :) Now lets see "Dear Diablo, Please can you fix it for me to ...." Oy!

Woah just saw we have TopGeared here also, welcome to the boards TG'd and I'm guessing you have the 360 version if you're talking about the RS4 so make sure to put your gamertag in your profile.

Welcome jane thanks for joining i love your video and have been trying to perfect the sounds (As diablo will confirm) .
It's true, in fact baldy stop phoning me in the early hours just to say "How about this one then? *bad indicator imitation* Was it close ?"

:stinks:

Hello there petrolheads! Greetings from finland! I think it would be awesome if we could arrange some evening cruises or something like that ! would be fun for everyone, espescially jane, if you dont like to floor it all the time ;)) and arranged cruises are always awesome in real life or in the game! i will be there with my rs4 if we can arrange a cruise someday =) Take care buddies!

Visit the "Cruises, meetings" thread ;)

ello, indeed, there is no slower than the SSR. i was checking the stats the other day

it has a 5.9ltr engine producing 470bhp. and it still has a top speed of 136mph!? I suppose the 4,700lb curb weight may have something to do with that though