We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 in Production? + Details [!UPDATE #2]

Eudemon

Please please oh PLEASE don't forget Porsches this time around. I mean seriously, I wouldn't be able to imagine how amazing it is to drive a Carrera GT with the roof down at 200 mph in an environment like TDU's.

NO, I don't want RUFs. Unless they have a version of the Carrera GT I won't accept any kind of indication that they will substitute Porsche in TDU2.

*looks around* ...what? :P

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Johansen
Please please oh PLEASE don't forget Porsches this time around. I mean seriously, I wouldn't be able to imagine how amazing it is to drive a Carrera GT with the roof down at 200 mph in an environment like TDU's.

NO, I don't want RUFs. Unless they have a version of the Carrera GT I won't accept any kind of indication that they will substitute Porsche in TDU2.

*looks around* ...what? :P

dont get your hopes up for porche since ea games got the license for porche and bmw.

2 thousand grand!

2 million basically? :p

I seriously call bull. Im not beleiving anything till official atari conformation? do you guys remember the short lived 'EA - the island' rumor, the game that was meant to combine NFS, Sims, Fifa and practically every other EA franchise...

It sounds good but it just seems so messed up. some of the listed car companies are not italian, it cant come in less than a year, it isnt going to be another 360/PC only (atari wouldnt miss such an opportunity) and if its been in development for some time, then why dont they state which studio is developing.

TDU filled the DVD and pushed the system to its very limits, often killing consoles that couldnt take the heat. how on earth will it be possible to make a bigger, more detailed island with numerous different terrains, more cars and night-time. the disk wont fit it. the console wont process it. even if it could be done, the developers would need to be heroicly talented, and right now were talking about atari, who brought us rollercoaster 'glitched to hell' tycoon. its not looking good

Guest Johansen

have you forgot about HDDVD dodgem? if this is true then i cant wait to ram people of the road in my big hummer:excited:

they wouldnt do games over HD-DVD, just like they wont utilise the hard-drive, because there is no guarentee that customers will have them. look at the elite 360, people are getting somewhat peed off because it has a bigger hardrive and HDMI, now imagine that you HAD to buy one to play certain games that only worked over HDMI, would you be happy having to constantly upgrade your console to play new games... might aswell just become a PC-gamer *rolls eyes*

YES !!!!

So the location is swarn then ?? Urrm I guessing Iceland lol !!

But Seriously we have SUV's - YES !!!

Different weather conditions sounds gud but as a few people have said wat about all the glitches ???

But hey we got another one !!!

Updated the first post with a screenshot of the official eden games website's advert for an Animator to join the TDU Team. :)

Remember the job posting is the only official inclination we have that the rumour is true.

thank you, good find as he said, somethin hopefully good is hapenning at atari,

ino this is a long shot but this is my idea for the place where it should be set in tdu2

it is set in the alps, at the bottom there is know snow and has normal houses, then as you get higher snow starts to appear, then you can have wooden houses, the 4x4s can have snow tyres and can climb up the mountains

The best place to set the game to fully utilize the weather effects would be in the UK. We see all kind of weather in one day come winter. How about the Isle of Man for some TT racing. Then again it's would be too small. And the uk itself would be too big so I guess that won't happen.

I hope they put monster trucks in there so I can crush all those Saleen S7's into scrap metal. I love the car but way too many roam in TDU.