We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Whats your favourite game series??

Nodz86

As the topic says what your favourite gaming series, it can be on any console, Pc anything as long as its a series and a game.

I'll start off my two favourite game series would have to be:

GTA series, this was one of the first games I played on PS1, the memories of trying to run down a group of orange men in one go to get the GORANGA message. The best GTA imo to date is GTA Vice City on PS2.

Gran Turismo series again one of the first games I played on the PS1, always had the best graphics of a car game imo on the PS1 and 2. I spent endless hours trying to get every car. For some reason I ddn't like GT4 or the pre and pro loges but Tourist Trophy was a good spin off (GT on bikes) but i think the best GT to date was GT3 closely followed by GT2.

• 1 month later...

Hmmm tricky one. I could say Final Fantasy but I haven't played 1-4, 9, X-2, 11 or 12. 7, 8 and X are amazing and I'm getting one of those PC usb adapters so I can play it with my 360 joypad (I think the musical score of these 3 has a part to play too, as I'm a sucker for music in games and these 3 are perfect!!!). I also love Silent Hill, the first 3 are brilliant, not too keen on the fourth though. Resident Evil is another favourite and I'm still dying to play Resident Evil: Remake. So yeah, what a bugger of a question that I can't answer with 1 simple sentence!

Damn your oily hide.

i have to say i liked the whole Super Mario Brothers series. up to Super Mario 64, as i had the hardest time trying to get used to the 3D world. lol.

i too like Final Fantasy. i've played and beat FFX more than i cant count, and TDU has been the only game thus far i have played longer than FFX. (FFX - 390+ hours. TDU - over 450) i have X-2, havent beaten it. and i have XII, and only got 2.5 hours in, and gave up. LMAO. im waiting to see how XIII is. come on 2008. :D

i USED to like the NASCAR series, but the last three or four titles sucked. the last good game might be NASACR 2005: Chase for the Cup (which i have for the PS2) and ive read that not much at all has changed since. except maybe team chatter. and i saw screenshots from NASCAR 07, and EA is turning NASCAR into another NFS with the Arcadic-like streaks in the air around the car, and the blur-effects. is NASCAR 08 is anything like 07, i will not put it on my list. (i'll maybe just rent it first)

Forza series hands down, loved the first and thought that nothing could beat it, and i was right :p

Forza 2 is no where near as close as Forza in terms of gameplay and fun, if they added a few things to FM2 then that would reign supreme, they NEED Fujimi Kaido, and they really needed to make the career last longer, barely a week into it i was level 47, striving for 48 to get my hands on an S7, but once i got that about half hour later i was lvl 50, way too short IMO (maybe extra lvls and career series as DLC :p)

rant over...

Well there's lots of games series I've enjoyed

Grand Theft Auto - however only the 3D ones

Tomb Raider - the first is still the best (OK and the latest but that's just the first with shiny graphics)

Gran Turismo - remember I was a playstation owner before 360

Tekken - until Tekken 4

Burnout - fast enough to make your eyes bleed

Someone on here might bitchslap me for this, but that's a risk I'm willing to take.. The Need for Speed Series, the game I've played the most. I will admit that Carbon is just really expensive and hard toilet paper.. But the old days, with Hot Pursuit, and all that stuff.. When they had both Lamborghini's and Ferrari's etc. I just hope they wake up and make ProStreet a proper Need for Speed.

I think everyone liked Hot Pursuit! I loved it, especially the downloading your own cars in the game. I believe people are still making cars for it! I still have the game somewhere, but can't really put my finger on where I've left it! But yeah, Hot Pursuit was brilliant. How did they let the series die?

Oh yeah, by chavving it up.

GTA is a great series.

I used to love both crazy taxi games on dreamcast...

Halo, again, great series.

I used to play alot of the banjo kazoie and banjo tooie back on dreamcast, and i cant wait for the 360 version which is coming some time...

The sims, both games were great fun, and the expansions just expanded thegame massively

I would say the Gran Turismo Series. Ever since I got the PS1 and the demo disc of GT1 that came with It I fell in love with the game. After that I got all the GT's after that. I like th GT4 the best cause it has Nurburgring and you can race against friends in split-screen. The cars are really nice, But they have no Ferrari's or Lamborghini's like Test Drive has. I hope the GT5 will live up to expectations.

Well...

Gotta say that the best game I ever played was Final Fantasy VII. I played through VII, VIII, IV, X, X-2 and tried out XI. Still considering buying an old PS2 just for XII.

These are always a sure thing to be entertaining and lasting. I always played them through once for story, one more for content. Then picked them up later and played through again for strategy and to see if I lost out on anything. And then later... and later... and later...

For a lot of reasons this game has stuck with me through the years, and I still have my old grey Playstation, and some of my old favourite game series on that.

Tomb Raider: Very atmospheric and great value for money.

Resident Evil: Camp and a good hit off Romero's Zombie world. Though the movies sucked.

Silent Hill: Maybe the most scary games I ever played. I still remember emptying an entire clip in to those small black ghosts out of sheer adrenaline.

Racing Games:

Gran Turismo: Still the greates racing game ever. The second in that series . With the third one, they screwed up something awful and removed the feature that made you able to race your friends with all your customizations and setups still running. That really ruined the game for me.

WipeOut: Fastpaced with fantastic music, these are a classic.

Formula-1: A fan, this has given me great many hours of fun on the classic courses.

GTA: Obviously also a force to be reckoned with.

I also played a lot of games on the PC, and some stick out as well.

Civilization: Hours of strategic fun. They really worked hard to implement new stuff with the new additions to the series.

X-Wing and Tie-Fighter: The space-sim of all time. From crap graphics and poor handling I spent hours in all the games from X-wing over Tie-fighter, XvT and Alliance.

Unreal: Best FPS ever. From the Game itself till the tourneys I've had my share of head-shots and Multi-kills.

And last but not least:

Doom: How can this be left out. What an excellent game, and even though the third is darker than a grizzly bears butt. This is still a great series.

I am not sure, that I have tried other games which are in a series on the 360 other than Forza and Madden. But I like those too. :)

And there are more: Black & White, Knights of the Old Republic and so on and so on.....

Did I ever tell anyone that I am a nerd?

Well...

Silent Hill: Maybe the most scary games I ever played. I still remember emptying an entire clip in to those small black ghosts out of sheer adrenaline.

And there are more: Black & White, Knights of the Old Republic and so on and so on.....

Did I ever tell anyone that I am a nerd?

Ah yes, I must agree with you on the Silent Hill part! And how could I forget Knights of the Old Republic? I have both (the 1st on PC, 2nd for my 360) and played them both through with both light and dark side gameplay!

Never played Black and White 2. I bought the first one and the install corrupted. So when I uninstalled it the bugger wouldn't get rid of the icon from Add/Remove programs and it wouldn't let me re-install it with it there. It took me 2 years to figure out to get Add Remove Plus! 2004 and remove the icon with that before I could play it.