We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Trackday Saturday!

Mb

I'm in to organisating Trackday Saturday.

Each Saturday at 2PM UK time we'll meet at the Aston Martin Dealership, from there we'll drive to the Circuit, as we don't want everybody to be in a different Session.

This is only for people who are Champion, or found a way in like Carboy.

We will be driving around in all sorts of cars: Class A, B and C.

I hope you guys like the Idea :D

~Martijn

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It won't be starting today. You will be doing this next week i think, as nobody read this yet.

Next week i am in Barcelona, so you have to take care of this yourself, i'll read the stories ;)

Off da border, please, do tell :p

My savefile just corrupted aswell and I could use some cheering up.

Basically, you usually hold your cruises at 8PM UK time.. this is 5AM here in Sydney. Minus 6 equalling to 11PM on a Saturdi which means I'll be there if Off da border shares his vital piece of information.

Basically you back up to the start of the turn in the road leading to the Raceway, slam the gas and try to aim at the flower bed to the right of the entrance. If you do it at enough speed you'll be catapulted over the barrier and into the raceway. Make sure you place a bookmark once you're in to avoid the hassle of doing all that again.

I'll post a video of it as soon as I can.

I'll post a video of it as soon as I can.

Would be much appreciated! I expect to play pretty obsessively and therefore advance quickly, but I expect it'll still be a while before I reach Champion level.

I just need to find time to actually play, I should have my coursework done and dusted by this monday, so I'll see you all on track next saturday.

It would also be fun if we would take track cars like Lotus and Caterham.

Maybe we can equal our cars by posting which car you will take the next saturday.

You have a week to think about it :D

I made a little video tutorial on how to get into the Raceway...

Included in the rar file is the actual bookmark in case you're too lazy to do it yourself, but it's untested if it works with other games than mine. :P

http://rapidshare.com/files/31091843/raceway.rar.html

I didn't upload it on Youtube since it'll take ages like it always does with me. >_>

Alright so to re-cap this.

We meet at the Aston Martin dealership (which is a walking distance from the Lotus one, how ironic :p ) and bring a Lotus Exige. 2PM UK time, we will then drive down to the circuit where the champion level players will get in normally and anyone else will either jump the barrier or take a chance and jump to a bookmark inside.

The distance from AM dealership to the track is 11.4 km and takes about 3 and a half minutes.

So let's say from 2.05 PM is when we start getting in on the action, and people can just drop out whenever they like :p

I'll be on hand to take videos with FRAPS, if anyone wants to join me go ahead :D

I'm not a fan of the Lotus Exige (I prefer the Europa for some reason) but to be honest... damn. It handles BETTER THAN THE ELISE. I was doing some practice laps yesterday and I am just impressed. I was easily capable of catching up to a Maranello even without upgrades (despite the 575 being more powerful). You could go full speed, approach the first turn in the circuit (clockwise) and, without touching the brakes, shift down twice, hold on to the clutch and take the turn in an out-in-out manner, and IT'LL DO IT! Try that in almost ANY other car and chances are you'll be off track. Remember the hairpin part? I can tackle it at a MUCH higher speed with the Exige than I can do it with A STAGE 3 ENZO. You got my bets on it.

So Exige it is. Brilliant car, except they should consider giving it more muscles on the straights. The aforementioned Maranello just BLEW away the Exige in the over-a-mile semi straight part of the raceway.

yay! something that's at a time convenient for me!!!! I'm in!

BTW, are u brits having daylight savings at the moment? I dont want to be waiting at the dealership for hours because i missed the time... Also, if u guys see me, could u invite me into the club? just to try it out, and if the time difference turns out to be too inconvenient, i'll quit and join the TDU Central Aussie club instead...

PS, can i drive something other than the Exige?