We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Patch #1 Feedback

Eudemon

I'd like to add something that I didn't notice at first. I've had HDR on before the patch, and I can see quite a difference. It seems that everything affected by HDR, like the sky is much too bright. I can see it the most when I'm heading towards the shore in Honolulu. It's like the saturation is overblown and it almost blinds me. I think I need to start wearing sunglasses while playing this game.

That is the point of HDR, it's real time lighting. If you need sunglasses then it's working.

Not to the point where it washes out everything else because it's so bright. There needs to be a better balance, like it was before. For example, my sky was a darker blue with HDR turned on before the patch; with the patch, all the detail and the contrast between the sky is blown out. The sky is now a very light blue as compared to a darker blue, almost like overexposure in photomode.

I have noticed that with the sky, it's a bit annoying sometimes when there aren't any trees around because you can just see this giant light blue/white mush of colours in half the screen.

Other than that the game is running great, if not better than before the patch. Already bought the 2 new cars and have been enjoying the Skyline a lot. The Audi is also great and I have noticed that it has some pretty funky suspension. I went bouncing around when I came out of the dealership and hit the curb. I have higher FPS, menus work faster and I actually prefer the engine sounds, because they were always a little too bassy and would screw with my music. I have noticed that some of the engine noises are stuttering but not all the time.

Ok I've not really looked at the sky that much since the patch I will have a close look tonight when I load up TDU. But if you look at my sig at the top of the car and the water where the sun is hitting it, this is the effect you should get with HDR on.

OK, this is what's going on for me...

- So far I know for sure the W12 Coupe has a stutter in the engine sound.

- Lags quite a bit when new people are connecting

- There are now two Pontiac GTO's in the Pontiac dealership, but they're both exactly the same model

+ Music now plays through both speakers as opposed to just the left one pre-patch

+ RS4, that is all

At the moment that's all, haven't had a lot of time to play due to school starting again.

Ok I've not really looked at the sky that much since the patch I will have a close look tonight when I load up TDU. But if you look at my sig at the top of the car and the water where the sun is hitting it, this is the effect you should get with HDR on.

Oh, I agree with you. In fact, I'd get the same effect as your sig in some places depending on the position of the sun, which makes sense. Other times, I'd get a nice deep blue sky. Now I don't even get the deep blue sky anymore.

Here's what I'm talking about pre-patch:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/tricorder/TDU/20070713192938.jpg

I'll have to take a shot of what I do see now, but it's similar to your sig. There's no detail in the sky.

Similar to this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/tricorder/TDU/20070712235717.jpg

That's still pre-patch, but you get the idea. Now I seem to get that all the time.

You have a better videocard than I do, I can tell right off the bat, hehe. I have a GeForce 6800GS.

Those are just beautiful. I've driven for quite awhile these past few days and I'm not sure why, but I'm just not getting those beautiful skies like I used to, and I do spend hours in the game, so it isn't like I'm not spending enough time to be able to see them. Maybe it's just down to my luck lol. Still, those shots of yours are awesome.

You have a better videocard than I do, I can tell right off the bat, hehe. I have a GeForce 6800GS.

Those are just beautiful. I've driven for quite awhile these past few days and I'm not sure why, but I'm just not getting those beautiful skies like I used to, and I do spend hours in the game, so it isn't like I'm not spending enough time to be able to see them. Maybe it's just down to my luck lol. Still, those shots of yours are awesome.

Thanks, I'm stuck to know which is the best to have as wallpaper so I will change it each day. ;)

Ok back on topic after all the cruises this week there have been only a few connection problems and the lag when people leave and join the session is a problem. I've started to have the game lock up now but don't know if it's my PC or not.

I've not had any problems in photo mode yet but I know some of you have.

But I've not had any other problems so far.

Ok I got some shots of the sky and I can tell you it depends on the weather and time of day. Have a look at these pics and you will see what I mean. These are all from after the patch I can't see a problem with the sky...........

How'd you get the sky so sexy in them last three pics? even when the weather is overcast in my game it never looks that good.

How'd you get the sky so sexy in them last three pics? even when the weather is overcast in my game it never looks that good.

Just being in the right place at the right time. I did catch these real time but a little hint for you to try is go to photo mode and play around with the time of day and weather in the settings.

Just to get us back on topic, the only difference I've noticed after the patch is that XFire keeps getting error messages and freezing TDU and then closing it. This never happened before the patch, so yeah, that's my feedback =)

P.S. Nice Photos S71NG3R.

A update on the problems I have had so far after the new patch.

All the mid engine cars I have driven so far have the sound cut-out when driving faster than 100MPH in any onboard view. Outside view is ok no problems with the sound.

Connections to others in free ride mode is very bad sometimes. I drove around the Island for over 1 hour yesterday and did not see any others driving around. But when I went to map mode I could see the others players in my area.

In the end I restarted TDU and then the connection was better. But about 50% of the players that showed up had the broken connection icon so I was not fully connected to all of them.

When the connection is bad the globe icon on the sat-nav where the number of players in the session are shown always stays orange. I guess this means it's searching for a session.

Another new problem I've had is getting disconnected from the session even when all the players are locked together. There is no connection lost message I just end up out of the session.

When the connection is good TDU works very well you click on the players name and you are in the session first time.

Last one is TDU runs very laggy where you drive fast and TDU can lock-up for as long as 2 seconds sometimes. It's a lot worse than before the patch sometimes.

A update on the problems I have had so far after the new patch.

All the mid engine cars I have driven so far have the sound cut-out when driving faster than 100MPH in any onboard view. Outside view is ok no problems with the sound.

Connections to others in free ride mode is very bad sometimes. I drove around the Island for over 1 hour yesterday and did not see any others driving around. But when I went to map mode I could see the others players in my area.

In the end I restarted TDU and then the connection was better. But about 50% of the players that showed up had the broken connection icon so I was not fully connected to all of them.

When the connection is bad the globe icon on the sat-nav where the number of players in the session are shown always stays orange. I guess this means it's searching for a session.

Another new problem I've had is getting disconnected from the session even when all the players are locked together. There is no connection lost message I just end up out of the session.

When the connection is good TDU works very well you click on the players name and you are in the session first time.

Last one is TDU runs very laggy where you drive fast and TDU can lock-up for as long as 2 seconds sometimes. It's a lot worse than before the patch sometimes.

Sadly TDU has always been like that for me. Which is kinda bad when i run a club which is starting to get popular (thanks quaker.au) & i can't even cruise with my members :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I like the changes to the sound, because I can actually listen to my music now without it being ridiculously distorted, but at the same time, the patch seems to have broken all of the challenges.

When I start a courier mission, pick up a hitchhiker, or anything like that, I get teleported into the backyard of a house just outside the capital. It doesn't matter whether I start a challenge on the other side of the island, it still happens. And of course, since it's off-road, it's almost always an instant failure.

This is unplayable.

• 1 month later...

At first the patch made no difference to me...

but within a few weeks of the patch being released 2 things happened to me

1) i got some 5.1 surround speakers

2) nvidia released driver update for my gpu

then, all of a sudden tdu was improved and ran with full settings, but the new speaker system i got also now gave me the lose of engine sound when looking behind.

also havent crashed or lost profile since patch, which use to happen to me every 30mins or so. so in all i would have to say patch worked but doesnt fix everything...

• 3 weeks later...
I really hope that the gaming community realises that companys like atari get away with anything. Sell a game for £30 and then turnes their back on us.

If the game doesn't work, well tough, buy another and another ,.....

Break a seal and the game is non refundable. Take it home play it a while and its no refundable. Its all bull and I for one will not just turnover and put up with this crap.

Well thats the gaming industry for you and Atari needs as much money as it can get.