We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

gta ivs security

cocoki700

wow parents must have complained to rockstar for letting their kids play violent sex gun gore games lol :wtf:

R* just make and sell the games and they are rated 18(uk) and M (in the U.S) so its the parents fault for buying and letting there kids play GTA not R*. Same goes for manhunt and any age related game.

Your link is busted but if you're talking about the special edition then it's just that, a special limited edition and nothing more. Also kids shouldn't be playing games like GTA but what's funny is the parents are the ones who buy it for them and then they have theaudacity to moan when they learn what it's about even though you can see the rating on the front plus the assistant's will inform them also.

This is what spoils games like Rainbow Six Vegas and the like, having to hear little kids going on about "pwing", "shooting you in the face" and the like is really annoying especially when you're trying to talk to your teammates and they're going on about their toys, chocolate milk or how much Halo 3 is going to PWN !!!

Im 16 and still play these games (well not manhunt becouse i don't like games like that). Everyone I know play them and im sure every other (well most) people my age and below have played them. Shop keepers sell games underage becouse they don't want to offend you and then there is the other extreame that won't sell me games im the right age for. The thing is people at 16 don't carry ID, 18 people normally do so it should be easy.

Most people alos have relitive or friends who will be willing to buy these things for them so nothing is going to stop people getting hold of these games.

Rainbow 6 and gta are compleaty different and i wouldn't think people who just like gta would play rainbow 6. The obviously do but thats just stupid.

The link is broken but will go and have alook at it now, try and find it.

Oh right lol, yer that was out a while ago but not worth the extra miney, just want to play the game. They are always so well made and good fun, last for ever to.

Also a chance to complain about how we are ripped off. $90 which is about £45-50, about the rpice of a normal game. The limited edition is £70 over here, about $140, $50 more, just stupid.

I hope parents realise this game is actually less cartoony than previous iterations as has been stated by many people especially when they see that you character shoots some guy right in the face and he falls awkwardly putting a supposed more graphic spin on the series now.

Also kids shouldn't be playing games like GTA but what's funny is the parents are the ones who buy it for them and then they have theaudacity to moan when they learn what it's about even though you can see the rating on the front plus the assistant's will inform them also.

I 100% agree with this. I mean come on, the name is "Grand Theft Auto." It's oviously not meant for young children, be a good parent and look at what you're buying, the box art show's what's in game. I know the GTA:SA box has a few guns on it and the like, surely that in itself should show parents what their children are viewing and controlling. How can they complain? It's just a game. As long as you're the correct age to play it then you will understand that.

What age do you mean that by though. A 13 year old (no offence to anyone who is 13 by the way) might take it the wrong way and going round like it. Many people my age do the same, without the violence but the genral attitude of it. Surely its about maturity, ok the age is there are a reason but I can play these games and not going round thinging im a gangster and wanting to shoot people, maybe somone can't but I still think a lot of people my age who can play the game no problem. Its the ones who can't at my age that I feel the age is right.

Another thing the age isn't going to stop people playing it as I said above, its not just parents buying people the game for the younger people, might do an experiment and see if I can buy the game at 16 from a shop, would be intressting, though probably won't do it.

I mean theres an 18 on the front of the box, therefore unless you think your child is mature enough to play the game, I would say at least 15 years old of higher, then you shouldn't get the game for them. Simple. The age is there for a reason, but many parents do ignore it, I got GTA:VC when I was around 11-13 (not too good memory), and I was fine with it, got San Andreas when I was 14 on the day of release and I've enjoyed playing it ever since. The age is a factor, but I think you're right Pherelas, the maturity of the person playing is what really matters, and whether they can take it for just a game, and not bring it into the real world.

What age do you mean that by though. A 13 year old (no offence to anyone who is 13 by the way) might take it the wrong way and going round like it. Many people my age do the same, without the violence but the genral attitude of it. Surely its about maturity, ok the age is there are a reason but I can play these games and not going round thinging im a gangster and wanting to shoot people, maybe somone can't but I still think a lot of people my age who can play the game no problem. Its the ones who can't at my age that I feel the age is right.

Another thing the age isn't going to stop people playing it as I said above, its not just parents buying people the game for the younger people, might do an experiment and see if I can buy the game at 16 from a shop, would be intressting, though probably won't do it.

exactley hey im 11 and ive been playing gta since gta 3 but i dont go around stabbing my best friend or blowing up my teachers car

I think kids should play GTA so they know how real life is.

Just kidding. I'm 15 and i always get games in the illegal way of spreading DVDRoms. My mother says it's ok if i play it. But always when i play it she says that there is to much rude language. I always say: That's why it's rated over 18...

my parents know im mature enough hell me and my dad play hitman 2.contracs,and bloodmoney.He even says good job and tells me how to assassinate them when he has an idea but i still beter than him tho im a creative artist...using nailgun to stick people on walls and blasting heads off with shot gun but still i would never do that in real life i dont have the nerve i just cant see people in pain unless they virtual

Yes i agree with all thats said above saying you have to be mature enough to cope with the game ;). There was a case a while ago of someone actually acting out something they did in san andreas. I think they went and got a shotgun and hid at the side of the road shooting people. Must be crazy to do so but it does happen ;). I'm nearly 16 and have been playing GTA since vice city. Never got GTA 3 because of a reason i can't remember..

GTA 1 was one of the first PS1 games that I played and when I got my PS1 that year one of the games I got with it was GTA 1. So I must have been about 11 nearly 12 when I got it and I've got every GTA since except for London and I've never thought about nicking cars or dealing drugs. But as I said before its up to the parents and if they do get they need to understand what its about and keep an eye on the kids to make sure it does not have an effect.

i remember the first time i played gta my mom had took me to her friends house and she had a 16 yr old son playin gta3 but it was strange i memerized the cheat codes in 1 day and he let me borrow it of course i was too young to know what a memory card was,then gta vc came out i got it and beat it,then gta sa i got for my birthday , then gta vc stories it sucked but i played it anyway on my psp,last but not least i went to my friends house and he had gta 2 i hated it