We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Video Help

Iced_Bullet

The video starts out very nicely, but then 1/3 of the way through starts to stutter, and the sound quality goes... and from then on it deteriorates... Please can someone help :)

I was only running TDU and Fraps at the time...

Not sure if this is the right section, as it's help I need...

And if this is the wrong section I wouldn't be offended if this thread was deleted, as I'm not sure where to put it ;)

Hmm not used FRAPS myself but what kind of compression if any does it use? Also try recording a minute long video and see how big the file is this will give you a god idea of how the video is being recorded. Only thing I can think that would cause this is memory or hard drive space becoming an issue.

This is the right place for your thread so the other one has been removed.

ofc :) well i wasn't actually me :P

It was me! :D Sort of... Lol.

The filesize is big because there isn’t enough time to encode the movie while the game is running. The movie frames are slightly compressed, but still require a large amount of disk space due to the high resolutions. Once you have finished capturing you should convert the saved AVI into one of the popular compressed movie formats such as mpeg or divx.

http://www.fraps.com/faq.php#videocap

I have this video, about 5 minutes. 1GB +

Fraps makes hhhhhuuuuuggggggeeeeeeeeee video's.

That's nothing my caps are 0.5Gb a minute thus 5 minutes is 2.5Gb. Though I don't have a game and video encoder using my memory, hdd and graphics card while doing so.

If you record without capturing sound is it any better ?

Thanks for the link Ross :) It's helpful

Plus diablo, I'll try not recording the sound, plus ill lower the FPS, because it was recording at 60FPS when my ingame was 30FPS.... So I'll lower that...

But not tonihgt, getting an early night because GCSE results are out tomorrow :excited:

if you want sound, just check "record sound" under "movies" tab in fraps, also if you want your recordings to come out smooth, check 60fps under "Movies" tab as well

if your fps suddenly drops down to like 5 while you are recording, just rerecord

if you still get that lag then you prolly dont have enough room on your HDD, remember fraps files come out big so you prolly wont notice your HDD space is being eaten, unless you have like a big HDD

if you want sound, just check "record sound" under "movies" tab in fraps, also if you want your recordings to come out smooth, check 60fps under "Movies" tab as well

if your fps suddenly drops down to like 5 while you are recording, just rerecord

if you still get that lag then you prolly dont have enough room on your HDD, remember fraps files come out big so you prolly wont notice your HDD space is being eaten, unless you have like a big HDD

Yeah the HDD is 250GB and only 50 is used :P so that's unlikely! haha.

Yeah thanks, to recdue the file size i record on 45FPS now, as my game only ever goes up to 43 in the country side.

In the video up top, I did use 60FPS to record. :P I was getting 13FPS when recording that one, and ive reduced EVERYTHING except resolution and Refresh in my graphics card control center aswell, so I know see 20FPS when recording -in game but records at 45 :) so a smooth picture woot! :)

EDIT: my 118th comment xD yaya!

doesnt matter if you lag while recording at 60fps, ur recorded footage should run at 60fps, unless u get like lag spikes while recording

Well I was down at 13FPS when it was first recording, which recorded at 60FPS, so that was fine, and then it deteriorated down to 5FPS, and the sound went, and as you can see from the second half of the vid ^ it did record lag!