We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Abramovich to use Airbus A380 as private jet

Nodz86

Its a bit big just for him but he's got the money to have anything he wants.

The billionaire Russian owner of Chelsea football club, Roman Abramovich, has ordered an Airbus A380, the world's biggest airliner, for use as his private jet, a report said Wednesday.

French newspaper Le Figaro, which did not cite sources, said Abramovich was the mystery buyer behind an order for an A380 VIP, which was revealed by Airbus at the Paris Air Show in June this year.

The doubledecker A380, which enters service later this year, is capable of carrying 840 passengers, measures 73 metres in length (239-feet) and towers over its biggest rival, the Boeing 747.

Airbus sales director John Leahy had told AFP about the order in June, saying it would be for use by the buyer "and his entourage."

well the average cost to buy one at the moment is nearly $500,000,000.00 (yes thats five hundred million) and the waiting list is getting longer as there have been loads of delays.

The normal version is a bit cheaper at $316,000,000.00 but that was over a year ago.

Lol! That's even more insane then buying 3 Bugatti Veyrons (Like some guy in my hometoen did :p)

Lmao, the mentioned that on Fith Gear When they had the Veyron with Tiff :)

It's cos he couldn't choose between 3 colours wasn't it? haha!

ps. The Airbus is a bit expensive, I wonder if John Travlota will be buying one (if he dosn't already have one :s)

ps. The Airbus is a bit expensive, I wonder if John Travlota will be buying one (if he dosn't already have one :s)

Doubt it as I think he's only a Millionaire and you need to be a billionaire to bu, own and run an A380.

Apparently Abramovich is only the second or third person to order one for private use.

Lmao, the mentioned that on Fith Gear When they had the Veyron with Tiff :)

It's cos he couldn't choose between 3 colours wasn't it? haha!

Yeah it's him :p

There is a Bugatti Blue one, a white one and nobody knows the other one! :p