We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The new iPod range - a marketing ploy?

Iced_Bullet

In my opinion, the new ipod range is a shockingly bad design!

http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore.woa/wa/RSLID?nnmm=browse&mco=64743F68&node=home/ipod_accessories/shop_by_type

I think some designers at Apple have decided to design the new ipods really badly, so more people buy the iPod touch, which, is £199 (8gb [£70more than the 8gb nano]) or £269 (16gb [£40more than the 160gb Classic])

Don't get me wrong, I love iPod and Apple, however the new design for the nano and normal iPod is crap!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPqrKfZ5ZlY

I don't like the "squashed" design.... of the nano. :p

To put my first post simply...

I actually quited liked the nano. It's small and stylish imo!

Regarding the new ones. Yes they probably are a thing to get people to spend more money etc.. The touch one looks pretty good but i'm not a fan of the small squished looking one. Especially in the colours they provide! I mean it looks like someone has puked on it because the colour is so horrid ;)

before you all go judging, i hated the nano when i first saw them. I thought the same as you and thought they had ruined it.

however, today i saw the REAL nano in John Lewis and my god is it good! I've completely changed my mind about them. I think they are great! They only had the nano so i cant comment about the others but i really do like the new nano. They had the new one next to the old one and its amazing how old the other ones look. They are tiny and so amazingly thin. the scrollwhell is small but useable. On the whole i like it.

Dont judge before you try (just like dont judge a book by its cover :P)

i'm pretty peeed off cos i've known about them bringing out new ones for a while but got bored 2 weeks ago and bought a 60gb ipod video only to find the new range a couple of days later!

Im a creative labs man meself.

My zen micro has given me 3 years loyal sevice, and only cost £115 (and for a 6gb, fm radio, HDD Mp3 player back then, that was a good deal :D) For some reason the battery wont charge now, but that will probably be remedied with a £6 battery that is as easy to replace as a phone battery :D

planning on a new creative one for chrimbo :D

Im a creative labs man meself.

My zen micro has given me 3 years loyal sevice, and only cost £115 (and for a 6gb, fm radio, HDD Mp3 player back then, that was a good deal :D) For some reason the battery wont charge now, but that will probably be remedied with a £6 battery that is as easy to replace as a phone battery :D

planning on a new creative one for chrimbo :D

i've had a creative thing before and my mate has a Zen. I hate them lol. I hate the UI and everything about them and i can never use the crappy scroll thing.

My mini's been going since they came out. (3/4 years?) and it still charges and has a reasonable battery life! I would still be happy with it now if i hadn't have outgrown the hard drive (by a couple of gbs!)

and to all the iPod haters....

Windows Media Player and every other music player that i have tried sucks! Itunes is the main reason that i like Ipods. I love the integrated store that works perfectly everytime and the way that the music is stored and everything works perfectly. I dont understand how people can use Windows Media Player. It really ****** me off

Mod Edit: Watch your language please!