We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Til Death Do Us Part.....

Nipper

My console has decided to show me the 3 red lights today...

Why have so many consoles gone recently? (Diablo's, Hybrid's and now mine)

Going away tomorrow, it has only been about a month since it got back from M$ due to it's disc-drive messing up....

:(

I am extremely tempted to ditch the 360 and buy a new computer instead as I have had no end of troubles with them since I bought one last year (about 15 months ago).

Sorry to hear that nipper, I'm thinking this generation of games are pushing the 360's innards hard and thus the failing components are happening frequently.

That is actually a very reasonable explanation, hadn't thought of that one lol

Kinda scary when the current games aren't really pushing it all the way to its limit yet (from what I read anyways)

@ Mb: I turned my box on, got to dashboard, went to play some music and it froze, after that it just kept giving me the 3RLoD :(

I am extremely tempted to ditch the 360 and buy a new computer instead as I have had no end of troubles with them since I bought one last year (about 15 months ago).

I can sympathise with you, me being on my third 360, the hardware does nothing to endear itself to you does it, if it wasn't for the games then I think I would have given up on it too.

Mine's dead aswell...on my birthday :-(

I made a crappy video on my phone

What a downer for this to happen on your birthday, have a good one regardless.

Wishing you both a speedy resolution.

I am beginning to think it's M$ plan all along.

Remember at childhood when you could not play anymore because you were told to, it was the end of the world. Then when you went back it was the happiest day of you life and you never wanted the fun to end.

Now when the RLOD happens it's the end of the world but when you get it back you want to keep it forever.

So you will love it a lot longer. ;)

i suppose they will be able to tell, because the 3RLoD will be in the console's boot log, then (after the towel trick) it will dissapear for a few boots, then they will see another RRoD in the boot log, a break, then another one, with increasing frequency...

well, if it crashed every 20 seconds the boot log would show a restart every 20 seconds, which im sure would make them realize it was unhealthy, generally, from what i've heard, if you use the towel trick, then it works flawlessly for about 3 weeks... *scratches head*