We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Lower top speed during races?

Smoothfonzo

I just got back into the game after a clean format and install of XP, and there's something very noticeable I've noticed happening, even before. I had the Cheapest Jaguar tuned up to Stage 3, and while just cruising around normally, I get a top speed of around 143 with it, but if I do a race, the top speed will be substantially lower, like 124 or something. This has puzzled me. I did the race over and over to test things and it doesn't do it all the time, but when it does, it almost feels like the car doesn't have the same horsepower, so it's frustrating when it hits the 120's as top speed when it should be much higher.

Some of the stage 2 & stage 3 tuning packs are the wrong way around, if you return to the tuner in a new untuned jag, the chances are you are racing with such a car to correct the problem you need to use a stage 2 racing kit rather than the third option.

this problem occurs on several cars and you need too keep an eye for them :)

I just got back into the game after a clean format and install of XP, and there's something very noticeable I've noticed happening, even before. I had the Cheapest Jaguar tuned up to Stage 3, and while just cruising around normally, I get a top speed of around 143 with it, but if I do a race, the top speed will be substantially lower, like 124 or something. This has puzzled me. I did the race over and over to test things and it doesn't do it all the time, but when it does, it almost feels like the car doesn't have the same horsepower, so it's frustrating when it hits the 120's as top speed when it should be much higher.

Hmm, thats weird, never noticed it though :|

Hmm, thats weird, never noticed it though :|

Try it then. Buy the cheapest Jag (not the Classic), race around a bit in free mode to get a feel for the car, upgrade it to stage 3, then try it in a single player race. It's a great car with lots of power for its class, and Stage 3 makes it even better. I bet you'll start to wonder where the horsepower has gone when you do a race. And I repeat, it isn't at all like that when just driving around in free mode. It's really odd.