We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tuned Maniac, Late Introductions

Tuned Maniac

Even though I've been joined a few weeks now I never really got around to introducing myself, so here we go.

Hi, Im Matt Or Tuned Maniac

I'm originally British and lived in Birmingham but my family moved to Tachikawa, Japan when I was 17. So I had to learn Japanese which was very hard to learn.

I'm now 26 and my birthday is on the 7th November.

I live in a studio flat in Okayama City in Okayama.

I work as a mechanic at Sun Line Racing, which you may have heard of, my dream job.

Own a heavily modified race 2002 Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-Spec II Nur, which I have to put up with uncomortable bucket seats and harnesses everyday, but what the heck its worth it.

I have also just purchased a 2008 Kawasaki Ninja ZZR1400 in Metallic Flat Spark Black, Seriously Fast, yet to get it tuned or take on a track.

So thats basically me.

Guest RB26DETT

welcome and i may add that you're very lucky to own a skyline!:D it's cool enough to own a skyline but you have the Nür one! GRATS ON THE CAR, MATE!:D

I want to be you at this moment. I Love the Skyline as you can see from my profile. Only if I could get one into New Jersey with out the importation giving me a hard time.

Yo post pics in the showroom section.

I would really like to see it.

First off, I'd like to thank everyone for the awesome responses.

And to King Skyline

It's quite easy to import a Skyline, and to be honest your probably best off importing one from Japan as they tend to be better quality. Just find a good dealer as always buy from auction not set prices. But when importing preferably get a grade 4.5 or higher or 4 at the least and never go for modified ones. But also never think the start price is about what you will pay as they never go for anywhere near that. And always pay more for a shipping container if it doesnt come default. And always be prepared to drive quite a bit in order to pick it up and if possible have someone see the car in Japan and report back to you and last thing always be prepared to put in extra money for prep and fixing costs as I think you have different laws over there in the U.S. So thats basically it. Just ask me if you need any questions answering.

First off, I'd like to thank everyone for the awesome responses.

And to King Skyline

It's quite easy to import a Skyline, and to be honest your probably best off importing one from Japan as they tend to be better quality. Just find a good dealer as always buy from auction not set prices. But when importing preferably get a grade 4.5 or higher or 4 at the least and never go for modified ones. But also never think the start price is about what you will pay as they never go for anywhere near that. And always pay more for a shipping container if it doesnt come default. And always be prepared to drive quite a bit in order to pick it up and if possible have someone see the car in Japan and report back to you and last thing always be prepared to put in extra money for prep and fixing costs as I think you have different laws over there in the U.S. So thats basically it. Just ask me if you need any questions answering.

Thanks for the advice.

Can't wait to see the pics.

ok dude if your looking for a skyline in the us, theres this website that i know of. www.fast4wheels.com sells r-34's in the u.s. and also deliver

I've known about that site for a good 2 years now and have it bookmarked waiting for a good opportunity to buy one. But that time has yet to come.

I have recently gotten into liking the 2001 Audi S4 B5, I don't really know why but that car is one hell of a beast.