We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU:C Easter Gumball 3000 Challenge [Poll inc.] [PC & 360]

Iced_Bullet

Should a points system be used for the Gumball 3000 ??? [please explain]  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should a points system be used for the Gumball 3000 ??? [please explain]

• No - Don't include a point system in the Gumball [please explain]
    • Yes - Include a point system for PARTS of the Gumball [please explain]
    • Yes - Include a point system for ALL of the Gumball [please explain]
    • I'm not bothered

[*!*Poll Closed*!*]

Dont include points : 6

Include points (ALL) : 4

Include Points (PARTLY) : 6

Don't mind : 4

For Reference Next time:

Should the TDU:C Gumball 3000 Challenge have a points system in use this time? the points system is as such:

1st = 10pnts/ 2nd = 8pnts/3rd = 6pnts/ 4th = 5pnts / 5th = 4pnts / 6th = 3pnts / 7th = 2pnts / 8th = 1pnt

Please vote in the poll above and explain your answer.

Should the Gumball have a points system? (My 2 cent)

- Yes = It's more a race

- No = It's more of a general cruise (and we have quite a few of those)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - -

The "much loved" TDU:C Gumball 3000 Challenge is back!

Although there was alot of interest in the last Gumball, I believe it can still be bigger. However those who took part last time, all enjoyed the racing and cruising!

Thanks for S71NG3R and Mb for writing parts of this before hand from different threads.

I'd like to say congratulations to CarboyZR1 and Joel for coming joint second in the last one. And hopefully with a few more members who have returned to TDU and advertisment on the Official Forums, this Gumball will be bigger and better (again!).

The final slightly new rules are in the post below when the poll has closed.

The proposed route is below (this time with a new twist)

I have opened this one to the Xbox 360 people again, even though only 1 member asked to take part in the last one.

Anyone from the 360 group can change the rules regarding the 360 Gumball 3000. And also I would need one of you to "take-over" the 360 side of things.

Updates:

- 19/01/2008 - Renamed (or will be soon)

- 19/01/2008 - New Map with spelling mistakes corrected

- 23/01/2008 - New Rules Posted

- 26/01/2008 - Entering for PC stopped

Please use this table for car selection [+] Include tuning stage [+]:

Day 1 [un-restricted] : _____________

Day 2 [C Class or below] : ____________

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have not chosen your car before 14th Feb, then you will be pulled out of the Gumball. As if you can't be bothered to read what's going on in this thread, then I can't be bothered to organise it for you :)

Important Rules Regarding the http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/IcedBullet/Gumballlogo.jpg Cruise

[stages 1, 2, 3, 4]

• The cars can be anything you want, the more outrageous the colour the better. So start mixing up those paints and prepare to burn some rubber.

• We will wait for eachother at each checkpoint so we don't get lost. And we have about a 5 minute break. When the last person arrives.

• Car List: Only 2 of each model - so the first person to pick for Day 1 gets the best choice.

• Harcode Mode is allowed, and welcomed. You are allowed to use it any day. However If you wish to change into it or out of it, do so at the end of each stage, and you'd better be quick, as there is about a 5 minute break at each stage.

• Any Rule breaking (may) result in a point deduction - depending on my mood (:p) and the severity of the break.

Information Regarding the

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/IcedBullet/Gumballlogo.jpg Cruise

[stages 1, 2, 3, 4]

• I have planned a route, and it's fairly long, and the idea is to complete the route over 2 days during the School / College February holidays (around ~8th - ~25th February).

• Car Selection cut-off date : 5th February

• The points scoring: None

• The Route Direction: I have decided not to make a definate route this time, to make it more interesting. These are stages which could have 2 routes to the destination and it's up to you to get there what ever way you want :)

Important Rules Regarding the http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/IcedBullet/Gumballlogo.jpg Cruise

[stages 5, 6, 7]

• The cars can be anything you want, the more outrageous the colour the better. So start mixing up those paints and prepare to burn some rubber.

• We will wait for eachother at each checkpoint so we don't get lost. And we have about a 5 minute break. When the last person arrives.

• GPS - you may use it. However you can only map out to get it when everyone is at the place - I will say when you can map out to get the GPS :) - But beware, you map out at your own risk, if you cannot re-warp back to me or anyone who has warped to me .... in the 5 minute break, then we will start without you, and you will be forced to forfit that stage!

• No short-cuts are allowed (however small). As this gives an unfair advantage. Also, you cannot drive on the wrong side of the road, if this means your journey is shorter, however some of you do like to drive against the flow of traffic down roads, I will allow this, however you mjst not gain any time or shorter distance from this.

• Car List / Restrictions: This day is restricted to C Class only A Maximum of only 2 of each model - so the first person to pick for Day 1 gets the best choice.

• Harcode Mode is allowed, and welcomed. You are allowed to use it any day. However If you wish to change into it or out of it, do so at the end of each stage, and you'd better be quick, as there is about a 5 minute break at each stage.

• Do not crash into people on purpose, as this is unfair. If I see or people tell me that you have done it on more than 1 occasion (which has pushed someone off the road - whether it be intentional or not). Repetative ramming will result in a point penalty.

• Any Rule breaking (may) result in a point deduction - depending on my mood (:p) and the severity of the break.

Information Regarding the

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/IcedBullet/Gumballlogo.jpg Cruise

[stages 5, 6, 7]

• I have planned a route, and it's fairly long, and the idea is to complete the route over 2 days during the School / College February holidays (around ~8th - ~25th February).

• Car Selection cut-off date : 5th February

• The points scoring: 1st = 10pnts / 2nd = 8pnts / 3rd = 6pnts / 4th = 5pnts / 5th = 4pnts / 6th = 3pnts / 7th = 2pnts / 8th = 1pnt

• The Route Direction: I have decided not to make a definate route this time, to make it more interesting. These are stages which could have 2 routes to the destination and it's up to you to get there what ever way you want :)

TDU:C PC Participants - Including car selection

1. Iced_Bullet Pagani Zonda [stage 3] / Ferrari 575M [stage 3]

2. Sensei Koenigsegg CC8S [stage 3] / Chevrolet Corvette C6 Coupe [stage 3]

3. MadMaxRaver McLaren / Logged off MSN before he could finish his dream list :p

4. MartijnMezger Mercedes SLR McLaren [stage 3] / Lamborgini Gallardo Spyder [stage 3]

5. TheScottishSpotter Ferrari Enzo [stage 3] / Maserati Gransport Spyder [stage 3]

6. S71NG3R Ferrari F430 Coupé [stage 3] / Aston Martin Vanquish S [stage 3]

7. -Lr-SpeedraceR CLK DTM AMG [stage 1] / Maserati Gransport Coupé [stage 3]

8. JonLim Saleen S7 [stae 0/1] / Aston Martin DB9 Volante [stage 3]

9. *removed*

10. Joel_1000 Koenigsegg CC8S [stage 3] / Lotus Exige 240R [stage 3]

11. Carboy19871 Lamborghini Murcielago [stage 3] / Lamborgini Gallardo Spyder [stage 3]

12. DriftNismo Lamborghini Murcielago [stage 3] / Nissan 350z Nismo S-Tune [stage 3]

13. Baltoman (IGN unknown) Dodge Viper [stage 0] / Lotus Elise R [stage 0]

14. SpeedFreakLightening Enzo Ferrari [stage 3] / Ferrari 575M [stage 3]

15. *removed*

16. Driving_king_sam Mercedes SLR McLaren [stage 3] / Aston Martin V8 Vanquish [stage 3]

17. BeetrootShoes Noble M12 GTO-3R [stage 0] / Alpha Romeo Competizione 8c [stage 0]

18. *removed*

19. Pinchanroll Ford Shelby GR-1 / Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe

20. TitusSun Pagani Zonda C12S [stage 3] / TVR Sagaris [stage 3]

21. *removed*

22. *removed*

No more entrants allowed for PC now! - sorry.

TDU:C XBox 360 Participants

1. CptDarknuggets

2. KTF67

3. R4C3M4N14C

4. hartge93

TDU:C PS2 Participants

1. topgearhampster

TDU:C PSP Participants

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/IcedBullet/TDUC%20Gumballs/Participant-List-30-01-08.jpg

If you have not chosen your car before 14th Feb, then you will be pulled out of the Gumball. As if you can't be bothered to read what's going on in this thread, then I can't be bothered to organise it for you :)

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/IcedBullet/TDUC%20Gumballs/Participant-Table-30-01-08.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/IcedBullet/TDUC%20Gumballs/Participant-Table-27-01-08.jpg

OK fine. Seen as your not giving me a "reservation" *cough* then i'll have to put my name down. *cough*
As I said on MSN, when Speed and Sensei put their names down, the reservations will go. So there's no point in putting a reservation down for you, seeing as you want to take part :p As then a mili-second later, I'd delete the reservation, and put your name down :)

Yes, I'll be there ! :)

The routes are cool, its a good idea to not restrict the way ;)

About the point system, I think we can use point on some part which will be exclusive race part, and other will be race&cruise part ;)

I think that's what I'll adapt, but I wanted to see people's views aswell :)

*added both*

I'm in. Have to check the dates though, since I don't celebrate Easter. Closest holidays are Chinese New Year, 5-10 Feb.

Abt the pts thing, I went with points for all, since I like to think of the Gumball as a competition.

The deletion of fixed routes is great! This makes it MUCH more realistic and more interesting. Only problem is, mapping and alt+tabbing to check the route could be a big disadvantage if you don't recce the route first

I'm in. Have to check the dates though, since I don't celebrate Easter. Closest holidays are Chinese New Year, 5-10 Feb.

Abt the pts thing, I went with points for all, since I like to think of the Gumball as a competition.

The deletion of fixed routes is great! This makes it MUCH more realistic and more interesting. Only problem is, mapping and alt+tabbing to check the route could be a big disadvantage if you don't recce the route first

You could always print a B+W copy if you wanted :p
Can PS2 be included to? I will have to buy the thingy I need to get online. Maby I could be the PS2 Gumball 3000 person.
Well I will open it for PS2 people ... But I've never had anyone ask to be in it for PS2. Maybe you could advertise it on the official forums in the PS2 section :)

Can you call me in on this cruise! user name is scotty2809 (ill be on PC), any idea when more information such as dates and times are available, good luck!

scott

Well in a week or so, I will ask everyone when they're available via a PM. Did you get here via the link from the Offiicial forums btw? :)

Welcome to the mad mad world of TDU:C btw :D

Im in (PC), but its a maybe because im not really sure if i'll have the video card at that time but it's more to a yes than a no. Easter is in March right?
The Gumball will be around 13th feburary onwards for about 1 week ish. As this is when the School holidays are in England. Still want to be on the list?