We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU: PC Car Sound Upgrades! Pack 2 now ready!!

Mb

• Replies 468
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok my future projects are:

Ferrari Enzo - FXX sound mod (working on it today)

Ferrari F430 - If possible I will use the Scuderia sound (if I get the enzo mod done tonight I will start this afterwards)

Nissan Skyline - 2JZ engine swap (start work on it in the very near future)

Opinions ???

For now I will leave you with this (excuse the poor quality)

Randomness

Guest RB26DETT

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! why a 2JZ swap! :( make a better RB26 insteadl. :p

well, the two engines sound almost alike.

Here is what I got so far on the Enzo sounds

Enzo

So far i've changed:

offmid

onmid

onhigh

I will be changing offhigh aswell but for the start and idle I won't be changing as I have a problem with the idle sound, it just goes quiet and higher pitched in game:pcpunch: so thats why I won't change them. I'm hoping to have this done tonight aswell so look out for it.

Minulescu I will have ago with the XK but you might have to wait a bit. Moving on, I might give up the Enzo mainly because it's very hard to loop together because it only has onmid and onhigh so the transitions are longer, same goes for offmid and offhigh. I will keep working on the Enzo today but if I don't get it done by evening then I will stop working on it.

Thanks for the compliments, it's nice to know that my work is appreciated :thumbsup:

Kelvjy

I have some news :). Well it's bad for you but good for me. Our current ISP is crap 30kb/s download speed in the day and back to normal 400kb/s soon as it's 12am (midnight), so we are changing ISP's to faster d/l speeds and alot better upload speed (1.5-2mb/s). The reason why it's bad for you is I won't be able to upload sound mods or source new audio for sound mods, so no new sound mods in the near future maybe 1-3 weeks, depends how long it takes for them to set up the line. The good for me is that when I get the internet back I will be able to source alot of new sounds quicker and upload sound mods quicker :).

Next, I've given up on the Enzo sound mod because of reasons I posted before and because Runningback has released a new one, so it would be pointless in making another one, but don't fear i've still got some sound mods to work on and they are:

Jaguar XK for Minulescu (XKR sound)

Aston Martin DB9 (DBS sound)

Lamborghini Gallardo for Chainmaster from Atari US Forum (Hamann Gallardo TT, if not stock sound)

Ferrari F430 (F430 Scuderia sound)

Nissan Skyline (2JZ engine swap)

And of course I will be going over my old sound mods again :thumbsup:

Sorry for the extremely long boring post I know your not bothered about my problems :cheeky:.

Kelvjy

Minulescu I have changed the sounds but they don't seem to be working properly. I have a preview here XK but TDU has turned them to crap :( it's taken the angryness out of them and also the volume.

I have only changed the start, idle and on throttle sounds aswell.

XK[/url] but TDU has turned them to crap :( it's taken the angryness out of them and also the volume.

Once you're finished, it'll be really worth the wait. I've been wanting a good XK sound for ages.

-Leadfoot

I've changed the off throttle sounds aswell now but I will have to go back to this and change it because I don't really like at the moment. You will notice some looping problems with the off throttle sounds but thats because I could'nt find any good source audio :oook:.

Here is the download link

Jag XK

XK[/url] but TDU has turned them to crap :( it's taken the angryness out of them and also the volume.

BNK file size Nazis. It helps if your sound is the same size or less than the original. I know BNK file editor changes the file size, but it sometimes gives a fair amount of distortion.

It's all of them. And I have already tried to edit the .xmb file with Notepad. I tried giving the Alfa Brera sound for my Skyline GTR a turbo spool sound by copying and pasting, it added a few bytes to the file size so when I went to the garage the game crashed. There has to be a central database where all the file sizes are stored. If that is installed with your CD, great, find it and modify it, but my guess is that it is stored on the TDU servers to prevent cheating

There's a bnk.map file on our DVD, use TDU-Modding Tools to open it, and change the file sizes, but it says it might crash TDU. I only looked I didn't dare change anything :p

On the DVD you say? That would mean making an image of it, modifying the file and then running it from hard drive or a burnt DVD... I'm sure it's possible, I'm going to try and put the massive Caddy Sixteen rims on the CTS-V...