We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU: PC Car Sound Upgrades! Pack 2 now ready!!

Mb

• Replies 468
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm uploading the video now so you can choose any you like. I have not done the Mercs, F430 or some others that have not changed much.

I will do another video with those sometime.

I will make a sound pack and upload it to mega upload if lots of people want them.

just wondered, didnt one of you guys say "wouldn't it be great to try changing the sound files ourselves?" well i think ive found something here:

http://www.tduaddons.com/

2nd post down on the home page.

pls for goodness sake tell me if its legal cos i dont know BUT it seems to be german ireckon cos the guy who posted it also posted it in German on another forum.

Guest RB26DETT

i just watched your video on youtube, S71NG3R. i still don't like the skyline sound. the sound mod just made it louder, not meaner.:cry:

my favorite sounds so far are the 350Z and RS4.

ok sound file swapping and modding is something im quite interested in so ive started work on swapping .bnk files and modifying them atm im working on swapping the 575maranello sound files on TDU for the GTR2 575 race car sound files, when i've finished, probably tonight although i might be busy, i'll upload the file to megaupload or something and post the link here. if you guys want i'll post a video or sound (.wma) file up here. basically im only swapping this one so i can have an experiment with different sounds and find out how it all works. let me know if there are any engine sounds you'd like upgrading (for example the DB9 sounds a little weak to me, i might do that one next) and i'll see what i can do with it :) i'm getting quite good at it now actually. i've also experimented with recording sound from videos and other sound recordings of real cars, these are more difficult to do but if it makes the game experience better then i dont mind spending my spare hours changing them :D

Guest RB26DETT
    Hey RB, that RB26DETT sounds sweet. hell of a lot better than the skyline engine sound in TDU.

here's a better RB26DETT sound clip. this is what we need in TDU!

OOOOHHH!! I love this SOUND!!!

Guest RB26DETT
    atm i'm working on swapping the GTR2 575 race car sound files for the 575maranello sound files on TDU when i've finished, probably tonight although i might be busy, i'll upload the file to mega upload or something and post the link here. if you guys want i'll post a video or sound (.wma) file up here. basically im only swapping this one so i can have an experiment with different sounds. let me know if there are any engine sounds you'd like upgrading (for example the DB9 sounds a litle weak to me, i might do that one next) and i'll see what i can do with it :)

yes! please do! :D

ok sound file swapping and modding is something im quite interested in so ive started work on swapping .bnk files and modifying them atm im working on swapping the 575maranello sound files on TDU for the GTR2 575 race car sound files, when i've finished, probably tonight although i might be busy, i'll upload the file to megaupload or something and post the link here. if you guys want i'll post a video or sound (.wma) file up here. basically im only swapping this one so i can have an experiment with different sounds and find out how it all works. let me know if there are any engine sounds you'd like upgrading (for example the DB9 sounds a little weak to me, i might do that one next) and i'll see what i can do with it :) i'm getting quite good at it now actually. i've also experimented with recording sound from videos and other sound recordings of real cars, these are more difficult to do but if it makes the game experience better then i dont mind spending my spare hours changing them :D

:excited: That sounds really good! Um, could you try and to the Vantage at some point? I really like it, but the sound drives me mad :(

Great work Ringo I'm now uploading the first sound pack to mega upload. What I want to do is keep adding to the pack and keep all the files in one location. This will be easier for the community without downloading from lots of places and risk messing up the files.

Is it ok for me to add any files you make to the sound pack? Then what I hope to do in the future is add all the best sounds the community vote for in one final pack.

EDIT: here is the sound pack http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QRWV6EOV

sure np stinger sounds great. atm ive just finished messing about with the 575 soun swap as i say its only a trial run to see how it works. i must say tho its getting aheck of a lot easier but its still taxing on the brain. i'll get staight on to the vantage sound (after homework :( ) and i'll get a .wma file up here asap. thx forthe great response guys :D

tbh lee you can do anything the way im modding these, you just need the right sounds.

which is why i propose that any upgrades we really want need to be voted on. cos this last one, the trial run is ok but could do with i few slight refinements take out some tiny blips in the sound but it took almost 5hours anyway. if i was to sit and get it perfect it could take a lot longer. so can you guys come up with a list of sounds you all want in order of preferance pls. if you can i could do with sound files (.wma, .mpg etc.) but these would have to be clear with very little background noise to work well. its a lot to ask i know but ive tried finding a Vantage sound on youtube and there is very little. if anyone knows of a game that has the V8 Vantage in it and can send me the files that'd be great.

hehe you aint gonna believe this but i was just fiddling with the old V8 vantage sounds and turns out they're from a Callaway C12. no offence ment to atari but the Callaway isn't mentioned at all in TDU, what sort of a botched job did they do on this game?! anyway i'll see what i can do

sry about the 575 delay, haven't got anything to record the sound with atm but i'm sorting it out dont worry.

These sound mods are really good, I love caning the Gallardo through tunnels!

Randy, with the V8 Vantage, I've put the Esprit sounds on it, they're the same sounds, but louder. At best a temporary solution, but... meh.

Also, the SLR. I found the sounds which suit it best are the Spyker's. This makes it sound simply awesome, and it has the proper SLR / Spitfire sounds.

good work matt nice one. i might have play with effects on some of those sounds see if i can perfect them. but atm ive got the 575 sound uploading. unfotunately i had to put it into a video file to upload it beacuse i just registered with megaupload and my email aint working to activate the account :( anyway i've put it on photobucket in a video. (actually its just a pic of a 575 all the way through but you can hear the sound anyway) again as i've said just a trial run so don't flame me for the slight 'blips' in the sound. they could be worked out with time and effort but the 575 sounded ok to start with so this was something to practice on. :D anyway.... im still trying to find decent sound files to get the V8 Vantage from but without much luck so far :( any help that people can offer would be great.

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z316/Ringo_60013/?action=view&current=575_audio_test_movie.flv

make a viper sound like a viper... can other ppl hear the sound too?

Technicly they wouldnt, they'd be hearing there own custom sounds lol

That's the idea of the sound pack so we all have the same sounds when we go cruising.

Ringo nice work on the 575 it's not easy to get the sounds right in a game. That's why a lot of racing games have average sounds.